Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer- Off Topic > United Off Topic  **FOR MEMBERS ONLY**
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

United Off Topic  **FOR MEMBERS ONLY** Chat about whatever! Off-topic chat forum. (Be sure to appropriately title posts that are NWS) You must be registred and logged in to see sub-forums

Old 06-11-2005, 01:35 AM   #1
komodo

Name: komodo
Title: Administrator
Rate My Car: 68 / 340
Your Ride: 1995 M3
Tsunami Bigger than Asia Predicted to Hit US

Quote:
A thorough analysis of the Koran reveals that the US will cease to exist in the year 2007, according to research published by Palestinian scholar Ziad Silwadi.

The study, which has caught the attention of millions of Muslims worldwide, is based on in-depth interpretations of various verses in the Koran. It predicts that the US will be hit by a tsunami larger than that which recently struck southeast Asia.

"The tsunami waves are a minor rehearsal in comparison with what awaits the US in 2007," the researcher concluded in his study. "The Holy Koran warns against the Omnipotent Allah's force. A great sin will cause a huge flood in the Atlantic and Pacific oceans."

Silwadi, who is from the village of Silwad near Ramallah – the home of Hamas leader Khaled Mashaal – is not a world-renowned scholar. He said he decided to publish the findings of his research "out of a sense of responsibility because what is about to happen is extremely shocking and frightening."

His fear, he said, is that the world economy, which relies heavily on the US dollar, would be deeply affected by the collapse of the US.

"It would be fair to say that the world would be better off with a US that is not a superpower and that does not take advantage of weak nations than a world where this country does not exist at all," he added."The world will certainly lose a lot if and when this disaster occurs because of the great services that American society has rendered to the economy, industry and science."

Silwadi said his study of the Koran showed that the US would perish mainly because of its great sins against mankind, including the Native Americans and blacks.

"As soon as the Europeans started arriving in the new world discovered by Christopher Columbus in 1492, they declared a war on the so-called Red Indians, the legitimate owners of the land," he wrote. "Then they began enslaving and humiliating Africans after kidnapping them from their countries and bringing them to America. Millions of blacks were brought to the US and treated with unprecedented harshness. Those who became ill during the journey were thrown overboard to feed the fish."

Silwadi pointed out that the US continued to commit war crimes and "ethnic cleansing" against humanity by becoming the first country to use nuclear weapons during World War II.

"International law penalizes such crimes," he said. "If these laws were not applied then, they are certainly implemented in heaven. If no one on earth is capable of punishing [the US], Allah was and remains able to do so. All these actions have been documented by Allah in a big archive called the Koran."

Silwadi said he reached the conclusion that several suras (chapters) in the Koran that talk about punishment for those who perpetrate heinous sins actually refer to the US.

As an example, he quotes in his study verse 40 of the Spider Sura, which states: "So each We [God] punished for his sin; of them was he on whom We sent down a violent storm, and of them was he whom the rumbling overtook, and of them was he whom We made to be swallowed up by the earth, and of them he whom We drowned; and it did not beseem Allah that He should be unjust to them, but they were unjust to their own souls."

Drawing parallels between Pharaoh and the US, who share the same "sin" of arrogance and excessive pride, Silwadi noted that the Koran mentions at least 12 times the fact that Pharaoh was punished by drowning for his evil deeds.

The Narrative Sura, he noted, clearly suggests that the US will drown in the sea: "And Firon [Pharaoh] said: O chiefs! I do not know of any god for you besides myself; therefore kindle a fire for me And he was unjustly proud in the land, he and his hosts, and they deemed that they would not be brought back to Us. So We caught hold of him and his hosts, then We cast them into the sea, and see how was the end of the unjust [verses 38-40]."
Wow, what the hell is this? haha

Old 06-11-2005, 10:05 AM   #2
528man

Name: 528man
Title: Senior Member
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
????
Old 06-11-2005, 10:59 AM   #3
TerryY

Name: TerryY
Rate My Car: 7 / 340
Yup that is either us in Washington/Oregon/Northern California because of our subduction zone 30 miles off the Oregon coast.

OR the entire east coast because of a giant landslide from a volcano in the Canary Islands.

The Palestinian scholar must watch the Discovery Channel Been on there over and over.

BTW our Subduction Zone is why we have active Volcanos up here too.

Terry

Aloha Oregon
'95 840
'98 SVT Cobra
Old 06-11-2005, 11:56 AM   #4
witeshark

Name: witeshark
Title: Suspended License
Rate My Car: 84 / 340
Your Ride: 89 325i 5 speed
Wow. And I thought hurricanes were troublesome
Old 06-11-2005, 12:11 PM   #5
TerryY

But Hurricanes just keep coming and coming and you can see them coming from far far away

Ours are Loud and Sudden events If it doesn't kill us we have something to talk about other than the Rain

Terry

Aloha Oregon
'95 840
'98 SVT Cobra
Old 06-11-2005, 05:03 PM   #6
brien4787

Name: brien4787
Title: DelTaco
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: e36
im not even all into religion... i did take bible lit though...

"Jesus told them another parable: "The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field. But while everyone was sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds amoung the wheat, and went away. When the wheat sprouted and formed heads, then the weeds also appeared.
The owner's servants came to him and said, 'Sir, didn't you sow good seed in you field? Where then did the weeds come from?'
'An enemy did this,' he replied.
The servants asked him, "Do you want us to go and pull them up?'
'No,' he answered, 'because while you are pulling the weeds, you may root up the wheat with them. Let both grow together until the harvest. At that time I will tell the harvesters: First collect the weeds and tie them in bundles to be burned; then gather the wheat and bring them into my barn.'" (Matthew 13:24-30) The Parable of Weeds

No, not from the Koran....
I smell... BIBLE WARS!!! RARRRR
Old 06-11-2005, 05:09 PM   #7
witeshark

Well, I'm sure we'll have none of that here...
Old 06-11-2005, 05:21 PM   #8
brien4787

Click here to set it up.
whiteshark, all you will do is tell us how much better macs are over pcs
Old 06-11-2005, 05:26 PM   #9
witeshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by brien4787
whiteshark, all you will do is tell us how much better macs are over pcs
Wow, what a change in topic And Macs aren't better than PCs. That discussion is an OS issue, not hardware. A BSD or Linux PC equals a Mac + OS X IMO
Old 06-11-2005, 05:28 PM   #10
Dave635csi

Name: Dave635csi
Title: Member
Click here to set it up.
WOW!! Talk about a complete 180!

Dave G.
'89 635csi - Back on the road
'86 528e - Sold
'84 528e - Undergoing major restoration
'96 Jeep Cherokee - Only in a Jeep
Old 06-11-2005, 06:23 PM   #11
Addicted?

Name: Addicted?
Title: 350z
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 2003 350z Track Edition
im glad i live 10 miles from the coast of washington haha

David
Old 06-11-2005, 06:28 PM   #12
witeshark

Good point. Where I live, there is no higher ground Hahaha
Old 06-11-2005, 06:42 PM   #13
TerryY

If the worst wave size prediction of the Atlantic one come true, you might need to be behind the Appalachin mountains.

They have found signs of what they think was a 200 footer up here.

Of course our Volcanos would go off too. Our Tourism should be UP after that

Terry

Aloha Oregon
'95 840
'98 SVT Cobra
Old 06-11-2005, 06:44 PM   #14
brien4787

Click here to set it up.
who the hell is predicting this? people that live in caves?
Old 06-11-2005, 06:59 PM   #15
TerryY

I think that they call them Geologists or Scientists sometimes

Terry

Aloha Oregon
'95 840
'98 SVT Cobra