Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer- Regional Forums > UnitedBimmer Regionals & Events > Southwest Region
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

Southwest Region Arkansas, Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas

Old 02-04-2010, 04:26 PM   #1
clownracing

Name: clownracing
Title: United Newb
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1995 E36 M3
Shop in N. Dallas, Garland, anyone else tried them yet?

I was talking with a girl at the local filler-up who has an E39 530. She has been taking her car to her long time service writer at Classic BMW who opened his own shop in Garland. She gave me his card and highly recommended them. I guess they work on all sorts of stuff, but specialize in BMW's. She said they had a guys Dinan M3 over there that they were doing some regular service stuff to. I figure they can handle my E36 M3. I asked her out, but she said she is going out of the country. Go figure.

The name of the shop is Poppa Candys Garage
www.poppacandys.com
Old 02-12-2010, 01:24 PM   #2
clownracing

Name: clownracing
Title: United Newb
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1995 E36 M3
I almost forgot to respond, but since I am stuck inside today, cause my M3 doesn't like the snow very much, I figured its a perfect time to let you know what I found. Poppa Candy's is very nice and the guy up front gave me a quick tour, of the building and a story about how they became Poppa Candy's. Its very clean and secure, they had coffee and he even offered me a sucker, I picked Root Beer flavor. They changed my oil, replaced my belt with a BMW belt, as the one I had was aftermarket and was too smooth, so it was making it squeak. They had me in and out in about and hour and a half and my bill was cheap. Nice guys and knowledgeable about BMW's. The technician is European and the guy up front, Rocky, worked for Classic BMW. He said his goal was to give the same type of service experience at the dealer, without all the dealer headache or the price. His normal labor price is $75.00 per hour, but I had a 10% off coupon, so it made it $67.50 per hour. They only charged me $40.00 for the two belts. I was still less than $200.00 after the oil change. They also noticed that I might need front brakes soon. I will definitely be taking all my business there. Plus they can work on my wifes Camry too. Nice guys, nice place.