Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer-General BMW Topics > BMW General Discussion > BMW News And RSS Feeds
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

BMW News And RSS Feeds BMW RSS feeds and news

Old 01-28-2010, 01:00 AM   #1
scooter

Name: scooter
Title: Administrator
Rate My Car: 295 / 340
Your Ride: 99m3
Shiver Me Timbers: G-Power launches BMW X5 Typhoon "Black Pearl"

Filed under: Aftermarket, Performance, SUV, Crossover, BMW

G-Power Typhoon "Black Pearl" BMW X5 - Click above for high-res image gallery

Remember when SUVs were actually designed to go off road? Nah, we don't either. Who are we kidding? That was long before BMW got into the game, and where there's a Bimmer, there's a tuner. G-Power is relatively new to the game that the likes of Dinan, AC Schnitzer, et al have been playing for decades, but the tuning house is wasting no time making up lost ground. It's already taken on the M5, M6 and Z4, to name just a few. And though these performance freaks have already taken a stab at the X5, they've come back around for another try.

Called the Typhoon Black Pearl, G-Power's latest employs a SK III RS supercharger - along with new intake, exhaust, pistons, injectors and ECU - bolted to the 4.8-liter V8 to bring output up to 625 horsepower. That's good for a run to 100 kilometers per hour (62 mph) in 4.5 seconds and a top end in excess of 300 km/h (186 mph). Which strikes us as faster than a sport-ute should go, but G-Power hasn't stopped there.

To compliment the bonkers performance, G-Power has fitted a new aero kit (complete with new front fascia, hood, wider fenders, diffuser, spoiler and side skirts) and 23-inch alloys. The price tag? A whopping €295,000 (~$415k). Details in the press release after the jump, photos in the gallery below.

Gallery: G-Power Typhoon "Black Pearl" BMW X5

[Source: G-Power]Continue reading Shiver Me Timbers: G-Power launches BMW X5 Typhoon "Black Pearl"

Shiver Me Timbers: G-Power launches BMW X5 Typhoon "Black Pearl" originally appeared on Autoblog on Wed, 27 Jan 2010 18:01:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...