Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer-General BMW Topics > BMW General Discussion > BMW News And RSS Feeds
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

BMW News And RSS Feeds BMW RSS feeds and news

Old 01-18-2010, 04:51 PM   #1
scooter

Name: scooter
Title: Administrator
Rate My Car: 295 / 340
Your Ride: 99m3
Pics Aplenty: 2011 BMW 335i coupe & convertible go snap-happy

Filed under: Convertible, Coupe, BMW, Luxury

2011 BMW 335i coupe and convertible - Click above for high-res image gallery

The BMW 3 Series coupe and convertible rank among the hottest sellers not only for BMW, but also in their respective segments. They're the benchmark against which rivals compare themselves and the target for both driving dynamics and sales figures. So when Munich unveils an update for both, you can expect to see them in short order in every parking lot and on every street corner and stretch of highway. But since the veil was lifted on the updated two-door Threes just yesterday, we're glad to oblige with one big gallery of images to hold you over in the meantime.

For a quick refresher, BMW has given the 3 Series coupe and convertible a minor facelift for the new model year, comprised principally of a revised front end with new headlights and wider twin-kidney grilles, new taillights, refreshed side mirror housings and restyled bumpers front and rear. Inside the convertible gets a solar reflective leather treatment aimed at keeping surfaces cooler in direct sunlight, and for the first time ever, BMW will be offering its xDrive all-wheel-drive system on the coupe, dropping a coupe of milliseconds off the acceleration times.

The big news, though, is the new N55 engine, a direct-injection, twin-scroll single-turbocharged inline-six that replaces the twin-turbo engine in the 335i with identical (but, crucially, more accessible) output figures. Check out the coupe, convertible and new engine in our high-res image gallery below.

Gallery: 2011 BMW 335i coupe and convertible

[Source: BMW]Pics Aplenty: 2011 BMW 335i coupe & convertible go snap-happy originally appeared on Autoblog on Mon, 18 Jan 2010 11:30:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...