Originally Posted by z3 bob
We are new here, anyone know if there is a way to install dual exhaust on a 97 Z3 1.9L ? Thanks.
It would involve this:
1. Remove and discard the compact spare and carrier.
2. Rebuild the trunk floor to relocate the battery from the right side to the center, like the Z3 M that has dual exhausts. Or install an M trunk floor.
3. Extend the battery cables to the new battery location.
4. Buy two Magnaflow mufflers, and take the car to a specialty shop to have the single axleback exhaust split in two, with new pipes and hangers for each new muffler, and new body attachment points on the right side.
5. On the right side, make a new cutout in the bumper.