Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer- Off Topic > United Off Topic  **FOR MEMBERS ONLY**
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

United Off Topic  **FOR MEMBERS ONLY** Chat about whatever! Off-topic chat forum. (Be sure to appropriately title posts that are NWS) You must be registred and logged in to see sub-forums

Old 08-18-2009, 05:16 AM   #1
jimjim

Name: jimjim
Title: Sitting in Time out
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 2009 lexus
Why would BMW Company Screw a Good Customer

....I have driven various BMW's for over 30yrs. Recent one had 65,000 careful miles. My wife was driving down Rt 5 to LA. Transmission dies in middle of nowhere at night. CHP gets her off freeway. I drive 200 miles to get her. Next day I give the 525 away and buy 2008 535 $55,000, this is at BMW San Francisco. I don't test drive, buy car off showroom in 1/2 hour. Slick contract salesman suggests I extend the 50,000 mile full guarantee to 100,000 for $2480. We sign an unreadable 1 page contract and drive off with new car. Few weeks later get readable contract in mail. IT COVERS NO MECHANICAL REPAIRS. I know we had been lied to and demand cancell/refund of $2480 that is not to take effect for 5yrs. BMW Company says stick it in your ear, WE GOT YOUR DOUGH, sorry bout that. I will not deal with company that screws it's own customers. Just got rid of BMW forever, driving new LEXUS...your comments would be appreciated...please don't tell me I should have read the contract. I didn't know i was dealing with con artists...
Old 08-19-2009, 05:26 PM   #2
Big Evil

Name: Big Evil
Title: Moderator
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1994 BMW 525i, 1987 325is, 1986 325
So just to respond to your earlier bitching. ANYONE can fix an older BMW if they know what they're doing and you find that out by asking questions, not to hard to figure that one out.

THOUSANDS of defective transmissions? Don't know where you come up with that but, NEVER HAPPENED. You'd have heard about that on the news at least. SOMETIMES there's a needed software update but that's not a defective component, and I've never seen ANYTHING that's THOUSANDS. Unless your Chevy maybe.

You GAVE AWAY a 5 series without even finding out what the failure was? Then you BOUGHT a used 5 series 1 year old with 50,000 miles on it without READING the contract and KNOWING EXACTLY what you were signing? Now you're claiming it's everybody else's fault but your own. Sorry dude NO SYMPATHY. I think most other folks will most likely feel the same way. You got the scratch to give a car away, buy another car, then buy ANOTHER car, all relatively new without KNOWING what you were doing UP FRONT? YOUR FAULT, NO ONE ELSE's.

It is OBVIOUS however you don't read anything because I quiet plainly stated I like the older cars over the new stuff. That means I also don't much like the I-drive. However I have read the owners manuals and understand the systems (and MY car doesn't even have it). If you plunk down a big chunk of change on a car I would think you'd at least have the common sense to READ the friggin manual and spend more than 5 minutes trying it out. Again it's your own dam fault.

Now you have a Lexus, the fancy Toyota that can't go in a straight line on its own when you hit the gas. I drove tow for 5 years, towed 8 times as many Lexus's as BMW's. Enjoy the over engineered electrical system from hell in the least responsive driving machine you can buy.

Nickles worth of free advice. Pull your head out of your tail pipe, learn to and START reading. There are good people out there and bad people. LEARN TO TELL THE DIFFERENCE.

Take responsibility for your actions, then take action. You'd be surprised what goes on when you try to help yourself. Other people turn up and will freely offer to help you, just like here. I'm telling you this in an attempt to help you because it sounds like maybe no one else has. Help yourself, be helped. You may think that's corny.....but it's true.
Big Evil, The BMW driving monster of the American Southwest (Currently on BMW #5)
Old 08-19-2009, 08:55 PM   #3
528man

Name: 528man
Title: Senior Member
Click here to set it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Evil View Post
So just to respond to your earlier bitching. ANYONE can fix an older BMW if they know what they're doing and you find that out by asking questions, not to hard to figure that one out.

THOUSANDS of defective transmissions? Don't know where you come up with that but, NEVER HAPPENED. You'd have heard about that on the news at least. SOMETIMES there's a needed software update but that's not a defective component, and I've never seen ANYTHING that's THOUSANDS. Unless your Chevy maybe.

You GAVE AWAY a 5 series without even finding out what the failure was? Then you BOUGHT a used 5 series 1 year old with 50,000 miles on it without READING the contract and KNOWING EXACTLY what you were signing? Now you're claiming it's everybody else's fault but your own. Sorry dude NO SYMPATHY. I think most other folks will most likely feel the same way. You got the scratch to give a car away, buy another car, then buy ANOTHER car, all relatively new without KNOWING what you were doing UP FRONT? YOUR FAULT, NO ONE ELSE's.

It is OBVIOUS however you don't read anything because I quiet plainly stated I like the older cars over the new stuff. That means I also don't much like the I-drive. However I have read the owners manuals and understand the systems (and MY car doesn't even have it). If you plunk down a big chunk of change on a car I would think you'd at least have the common sense to READ the friggin manual and spend more than 5 minutes trying it out. Again it's your own dam fault.

Now you have a Lexus, the fancy Toyota that can't go in a straight line on its own when you hit the gas. I drove tow for 5 years, towed 8 times as many Lexus's as BMW's. Enjoy the over engineered electrical system from hell in the least responsive driving machine you can buy.

Nickles worth of free advice. Pull your head out of your tail pipe, learn to and START reading. There are good people out there and bad people. LEARN TO TELL THE DIFFERENCE.

Take responsibility for your actions, then take action. You'd be surprised what goes on when you try to help yourself. Other people turn up and will freely offer to help you, just like here. I'm telling you this in an attempt to help you because it sounds like maybe no one else has. Help yourself, be helped. You may think that's corny.....but it's true.
ha
Old 08-20-2009, 11:47 AM   #4
jimjim

Click here to set it up.
I agree with you guys who love 20yr old BMW's...

....there is no comparison between 20yr old BMW's and the crazy trash the new BMW Company is turning out. i had a 20yr old one that served very well for 200,000miles. i also had 2 new 450SL's that i paid all of $20,000 each, they turned out to be junk, got rid of them for $5,000 each. Had a 12cyl, 6 carb Ferrari Daytona, beautyful car that drove like a truck and used as much gas as a truck, that was just a phase I was lucky to survive. Damn near drove it off the cliff at Virginia City. But back to BMW, the newer BMW's are complicated trash, loaded with computer gimmicks. I got the new Lexus for my wife because she likes gimmicks and comfort. Up till last year my ride was a 10yr old Toyota 4x4 with no air, no radio, no nothin, it just ran for 200,000 miles without ever seeing a dealer, I changed oil, hoses and belts myself. I did the 450 miles between L.A. and S.F. twice a week, that's my kind of car....
Old 08-20-2009, 01:53 PM   #5
scooter

Name: scooter
Title: Administrator
Rate My Car: 295 / 340
Your Ride: 99m3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjim View Post
....there is no comparison between 20yr old BMW's and the crazy trash the new BMW Company is turning out. i had a 20yr old one that served very well for 200,000miles. i also had 2 new 450SL's that i paid all of $20,000 each, they turned out to be junk, got rid of them for $5,000 each. Had a 12cyl, 6 carb Ferrari Daytona, beautyful car that drove like a truck and used as much gas as a truck, that was just a phase I was lucky to survive. Damn near drove it off the cliff at Virginia City. But back to BMW, the newer BMW's are complicated trash, loaded with computer gimmicks. I got the new Lexus for my wife because she likes gimmicks and comfort. Up till last year my ride was a 10yr old Toyota 4x4 with no air, no radio, no nothin, it just ran for 200,000 miles without ever seeing a dealer, I changed oil, hoses and belts myself. I did the 450 miles between L.A. and S.F. twice a week, that's my kind of car....
as if lexus isn't loaded with computer gimmicks as you so well put it.... name one car that isn't.
BTW just so we're clear, you are pissed about signing a contract YOU DIDN'T read at an independent franchised dealer??
Old 08-20-2009, 07:46 PM   #6
Big Evil

Name: Big Evil
Title: Moderator
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1994 BMW 525i, 1987 325is, 1986 325
Yeah dude, you've had some nice cars and you can service a toyota. But you're still NOT READING. Everything you write is only proving our points. You suffer from sour grape syndrome because YOU F'd up. You bought a 1 YEAR OLD CAR with 50,000 miles on it, NO TEST DRIVE, NO CONTRACT REVIEW. You still haven't even said what actually happened with the car, just bitch bitch bitch. I'm done with you, pull your head out and figure it out, or don't. I just can't be bothered anymore.
Big Evil, The BMW driving monster of the American Southwest (Currently on BMW #5)
Old 08-21-2009, 11:46 AM   #7
jimjim

Click here to set it up.
mr evil person, bmw mavin

...you should read more carefull, the 2008 bmw 535 was a new car i took off showroom floor. you are right i took bmw employee word at face value. did not think after spending 55,000 dollars they would screw their own customer. it was my mistake, they are liars and con-artists. i will not deal further with con-artists...got rid of car and got wife the new Lexus. Total cost of getting rid of bmw $20,000 WELL WORTH IT...
Old 08-21-2009, 12:06 PM   #8
jimjim

Click here to set it up.
....just for hell of it i took the bmw con artist to small claims court over the fraudulent $2500 extended warranty THAT COVERED NOTHING MECHANICAL...he was almost crying to judge that he asked BMW to cancell the bogus extended warranty, that would cover theannual oil change. BMW Company refused...By the way, i did not win in small claims because judge said i should have sued BMW company, not the con-artist...result was ok, just to see his stupid ass in court. i also reported BMW SF to better business bureau, who by the way after opening file reversed themselves and said BBB not interested in consumer/dealer contract complaint...that's ok also, shows them up for useless frauds they are. Reported BMW to Calif dept of insurance who opened file but then said it was not an insurance policy but a consumer contract..that's ok also It just points up that consumer has no chance against fraudulent activity by any large corp including BMW...
Old 08-21-2009, 01:58 PM   #9
scooter

Quote:
....just for hell of it i took the bmw con artist to small claims court over the fraudulent $2500 extended warranty THAT COVERED NOTHING MECHANICAL...he was almost crying to judge that he asked BMW to cancell the bogus extended warranty, that would cover theannual oil change. BMW Company refused...By the way, i did not win in small claims because judge said i should have sued BMW company, not the con-artist...result was ok, just to see his stupid ass in court. i also reported BMW SF to better business bureau, who by the way after opening file reversed themselves and said BBB not interested in consumer/dealer contract complaint...that's ok also, shows them up for useless frauds they are. Reported BMW to Calif dept of insurance who opened file but then said it was not an insurance policy but a consumer contract..that's ok also It just points up that consumer has no chance against fraudulent activity by any large corp including BMW...
you bought a maintenance contract..... had you taken the time to read the contract you would of understood the difference between that type of agreement and mechanical warranty.
you lost in small claims because the contract was legal and enforceable.
give it a rest man, life's too short to spend it bitching and moaning over something you should of investigated BEFORE signing on the dotted line.
Old 08-21-2009, 05:49 PM   #10
jimjim

Click here to set it up.
BMW responds...

....About an hour ago got a call from BMW home office, it only took one and half months for the assholes to get up the nerve to respond. I congratulated them on screwing me out of $2500 with the bogus extended guarantee. Told them the last time I was conned was when I was 10yrs old. Advised them that to date i have cost them 2 sales that I am aware of and that my hobby from here on will be to see how many others I can make aware of BMW's stealing from a good customer....
Old 08-21-2009, 05:55 PM   #11
jimjim

Click here to set it up.
Bmw resale value

....For you BMW lovers...a $55,000 BMW 535 with 6,000 miles on it now sells for $34,000 out of BMW dealership with their full guarantee...
Old 08-23-2009, 06:13 AM   #12
jimjim

Click here to set it up.
BMW Living Off Their Reputation

....BMW, 20yrs ago made fine cars that were reliable, that was then, this is now. What ethical car company would stick their customers with the run flat tires that look good because they lower the car but are nothing but expensive trouble and ride bad. Then there is BMW I-Drive skanky computer system that is a laughing stock. Just stop drinking the cool-aid and read other sites. Read the sites devoted to the factory defective zf5hp19 steptronic transmissions that blow up in 50,000 to 60,000 miles and BMW lies to its customers saying they know nothing about it, but thousands of people are stuck with $5000 transmission rebuilds. I had a like new 525 carefully driven and serviced with 60,000 miles when trans blew up stranding my wife at nite in middle of nowhere...BMW's are now so unreliable that Consumer Reports will not recommend them...
Old 08-23-2009, 01:38 PM   #13
jimjim

Click here to set it up.
Mr evil person, bmw mavin

....Mr Evil One you are very sensitive...What is your problem with people knowing BMW has put out 10's of thousands of defective ZF5HP19 Steptronic transmissions. There is a web site devoted soley to BMW customers who got these screwed transmissions. Why don't you look up Atlanta Auto Repair Buckhead, they are transmission rebuilders who have rebuilt 100'ds of bad BMW transmissions. How many BMW steptronics have you rebuilt? Would you know where to start? I have never worked on one, but I did own a BMW 5series with 60,000 miles I junked because the transmission blew out...Try acting like a man and deal with facts...
Old 08-23-2009, 04:00 PM   #14
scooter

Quote:
....Mr Evil One you are very sensitive...What is your problem with people knowing BMW has put out 10's of thousands of defective ZF5HP19 Steptronic transmissions. There is a web site devoted soley to BMW customers who got these screwed transmissions. Why don't you look up Atlanta Auto Repair Buckhead, they are transmission rebuilders who have rebuilt 100'ds of bad BMW transmissions. How many BMW steptronics have you rebuilt? Would you know where to start? I have never worked on one, but I did own a BMW 5series with 60,000 miles I junked because the transmission blew out...Try acting like a man and deal with facts...
your posts aren't really helping anyone especially not the members seeking solutions to their problems or those trying to provide them with help, taunting and otherwise acting like an ASS isn't endearing you to anyone least of all me.
we have gotten sevral complaints regarding your posts, that said we would like to keep you around as long as you dont make me choose between you and the others that actually take this community to heart and genuinely want to help fellow members, thats an easy call to make.

do not hijack threads.
do not call out members.
do not taunt or antagonize other members.
if you have nothing of substance to add to a specifc question or problem in a thread post nothing at all.
in other words learn to play with others or else.

we all own BMW's here so in that regard you missed the boat, we also understand that any company will have unhappy consumers at some point some louder and more obnoxious then others and we welcome all opinions and feedback but at the proper time and place.
there's a limit and you are testing it.
Old 08-23-2009, 04:38 PM   #15
bimmerdame

Name: bimmerdame
Title: Member
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 2001 325
Quote:
....For you BMW lovers...a $55,000 BMW 535 with 6,000 miles on it now sells for $34,000 out of BMW dealership with their full guarantee...
blah blah blah.....
STFU already and go whine on the fucking lexus forum you tool.