Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer- Off Topic > United Off Topic  **FOR MEMBERS ONLY**
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

United Off Topic  **FOR MEMBERS ONLY** Chat about whatever! Off-topic chat forum. (Be sure to appropriately title posts that are NWS) You must be registred and logged in to see sub-forums

Old 04-19-2009, 03:52 PM   #1
Dan

Name: Dan
Title: Visiting Mod
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 540
GM is just going to fail...

So recently i've been driving hearses and other funeral service vehicles and all of them are Cadillacs, you know, the top of the line GM product or so they claim.

i do not know what drives people to buy a Cadillac. You get the base model of their top of the line Deville and you get pretty much the same thing as you would get in a Corolla. there's no one touch up windows or telescoping steering.

How could GM compete without tossing in the fundamental features any luxury car would have?

the hearse has only 26K miles and already the whole front suspension needs a refresh. from the tie rods to the ball joints... all shot. HOW could they sell quality when less than 30K, the car is already falling apart. oh, let's not mention the arcing situation with the wiring harness where we're still waiting for the dealer to get a new harness in. yes, all caddy there. i can understand if it's like the rear door falling apart; that's not caddy's handy work but everything else just puked.

even the stretched limo i was driving was rattling and it only had 22K miles!!! the dash cover was lose and doesn't seem to want to say in. no, it's not screwed in like the 5 series, it's snapped in so if the snaps break, well, there's a new rattle.

you can try to be patriotic but at the end of the day they offer nothing for you to be proud of owning.