Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer- Model Categories > 7 Series (E23, E32, E38, E65, E66)
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

7 Series (E23, E32, E38, E65, E66) General discussion and technical help for all year 7 series cars.

Old 04-11-2009, 05:40 PM   #1
DBrin

Name: DBrin
Title: United Newb
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1998 740IL
1997 740IL Washer Pump Question

Hi all. My windshield washer is no longer putting fluid on the windshield. I checked the fuses and they are sound. The hose looks good (what I can see of it), and I took a needle and made sure the holes in the jets were okay. Would you suggest that the issue must be the washer pump? One reason I wonder is that the cigar lighters do not work anymore. I am thinking an electrical issue, and wonder if they are on the same circuit or something like that. Any ideas on how to make the cigar lighters work again? Again, I have checked all the fuses in the engine compartment, and in the trunk. I know there is a fuse box under the passenger seat, but have not taken the seat out to check those. Any help would be great. Thanks. (oh, any idea what it would cost to have these two items fixed at a dealership?)