Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer- Model Categories > E36
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

E36 General discussion and technical help for (E36) 1992-1999 3 series cars. 318, 323, 325, 328.

Old 02-18-2009, 10:35 PM   #1
falak sher

Name: falak sher
Title: United Newb
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1992 bmw e36 316i
please reply needed asap.. battery keeps draining

hey guys im having serious problems with my car..for the past two days when ever in the morning i get up to start my car, my cars battery is dead!

thrs hardly any current.. i have checked my alternator its fine and charging, none of the lights were left switched on.. i dont know how the battery keeps draining???

what might be the problem guys? the batt dies if the car is left for over five hours. i have to push it to start it

reply needed asap
Old 02-19-2009, 02:46 PM   #2
HyeTide

Name: HyeTide
Title: Member
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1988 325ic 2003 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by falak sher View Post
hey guys im having serious problems with my car..for the past two days when ever in the morning i get up to start my car, my cars battery is dead!

thrs hardly any current.. i have checked my alternator its fine and charging, none of the lights were left switched on.. i dont know how the battery keeps draining???

what might be the problem guys? the batt dies if the car is left for over five hours. i have to push it to start it

reply needed asap
How old is the battery? If its new and fully charged, you could check for voltage leaks by disconnecting neg cable and hook up a amp. meter to neg. batt. post and neg. cable. Small drain is normal from clock and alarm, GL.