Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer-General BMW Topics > Tire, Wheels And Suspension Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

Tire, Wheels And Suspension Forum Sponsored by: TireRack.com
Talk about tires and wheels , Discuss springs, coilovers, struts, sways, and all related topics for your Bimmer.

Old 02-05-2009, 02:06 PM   #1
pyerxa

Name: pyerxa
Title: United Newb
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1993 325is
Unhappy Frame straightening

I am building a Spec36 track car to use at DE events. This is my first attempt at building a track car. My donor car was a 92 325is that had some front end damage. When replacing the front suspension, I came to realize that apparently the passenger side front frame was "tweaked" in the accident. I was able to get the control arm back on but it appears the bottom frame crossover (where the control arm mounts) may be pushed back about 1/4" or so. Also the top of the shock tower seems to be pushed in and back about 1" resulting, I presume, in an increase in both camber and castor. My question is ...should I ditch this donor car or can the frame/unibody be straightened on by a qualified frame shop? If it isn't straightened, what affect will it have on the handling? The car handled fine when I drove it home but I wasn't pushing it either. Although I didn't pay a lot for it I have considerable hours of work into this car already and would like to save it if I can.