Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer- Model Categories > E90
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

E90 General discussion and technical help for 2005-current 3 series cars.

Old 12-08-2008, 07:32 AM   #1
SupFly

Name: SupFly
Title: United Newb
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 2002 A4 Avant
Question 335i extreme curiosities

Greetings all,

I have been looking at the 335 platform for a good long while now.

I have had an A4 Avant since 2002, with 120,000 miles now, which I have loved. I have a small Kendon trailer & hitch that I tow my bike up to the Ozarks a couple times a year with this car.

I chipped it at arn 2000 miles which made a huge difference in torque & power. GIAC. Small miltek exhaust, cat back.

Has been a nice little car, but I am looking very hard at the 335 & was wondering if you would lend me some of your thoughts & opinions?

Will these car accept a hitch?

Having bought the car, are there things you would have done differently?

Quattro has been an absolute BLAST in snow & rain. How does the rear wheel drive fair in these elements?

I would look at the spot package for sure, steering.

Also, with this twin turbo - is BMW mod friendly & are there software platforms that are decent for this car?

Thanks
Old 12-08-2008, 09:15 AM   #2
Montizzle 325i

Name: Montizzle 325i
Title: Senior Member
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1998 dakar ///M3 sedan 5-spd
The 335 is an awesome platform. I do not own one, but have spent alot of time learning about them b/c it will be my next car.

1.) Yes it wil accept a hitch, itll have to be aftermarket

2.) RWD is not all that bad at all in the snow. I drove the ///M3 in the snow for 2 years. Get yourself a GOOD set of snow tires, and youll be amazed at what you can power through. Just dont have a led foot when the white stuff is on the ground and youll be fine

3.) Even though that twin turbo engine hasnt been on the market all THAT long, there is already a huge tuning market for it. The #'s ppl are making with just a reflash, downpipe, and exhaust are crazy. This car is a tuners dream.

Hope that helps!

FYI, theres not too many e90 owners here. Welcome to UB tho! I know theres TONS of 335 info over on e90 post. But wed rather have you stick around here
Old 12-08-2008, 05:59 PM   #3
SupFly

Name: SupFly
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 2002 A4 Avant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montizzle 325i View Post
The 335 is an awesome platform. I do not own one, but have spent alot of time learning about them b/c it will be my next car.

1.) Yes it wil accept a hitch, itll have to be aftermarket

2.) RWD is not all that bad at all in the snow. I drove the ///M3 in the snow for 2 years. Get yourself a GOOD set of snow tires, and youll be amazed at what you can power through. Just dont have a led foot when the white stuff is on the ground and youll be fine

3.) Even though that twin turbo engine hasnt been on the market all THAT long, there is already a huge tuning market for it. The #'s ppl are making with just a reflash, downpipe, and exhaust are crazy. This car is a tuners dream.

Hope that helps!

FYI, theres not too many e90 owners here. Welcome to UB tho! I know theres TONS of 335 info over on e90 post. But wed rather have you stick around here
many thanks for the welcome, insight and info - very helpful.

will get plugged into the e90 scene!

Best!!
Old 12-08-2008, 07:36 PM   #4
Rooz

Name: Rooz
Title: Upgraded Member
Rate My Car: 5 / 340
Your Ride: 2003 M5
Friend at work is in the ~420hp range on his 335 it's an awesome car and very responsive what's most impressive is the torque and handling of it it's an insane bang for the buck

VIEW MOD LIST & PICS

I am worth $2,010,238 on HumanForSale.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg
Umnitza now provides a mechanic to install all parts ordered right in the box! It's their new "Total customer service program" that will eliminate all the haters and keep incompetents from breaking **** and blaming the vendor! When you are all set simply call INS and they will pick him up free of charge.
Old 12-08-2010, 05:25 AM   #5
Beema335

Name: Beema335
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 2007 BMW 335i
I own a 335i and had it from new absolute pleasure to drive loads of power fun and apart from the rear demister breaking down this week in 4 years it has been bullet proof no faults what so ever.
The only downfall i'm afraid is rear weel drive cars do not like the snow at all to make it worse mine is auto I have not used mine for a week because of snow and ice on my road will not take traction at all.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:47 PM   #6
h2oslider78

Name: h2oslider78
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 2008 335i
Supfly, I know your situation. I went from a 1999 VW Passat Variant to the 335i and I love it. But just one question..........Do you have to get rid of the Avant? I still have my VW Passat and am in the process of tuning it even though it has 194,000 miles on it. I figure I'll keep it and use it to take it surfing, kiteboarding, or up to the mountains when I want and the rest of the time keep my 335i looking beautiful without dirt stains, sand, and all the other wear and tear that goes with using a car to enjoy the outdoors. The Passat doesn't have full coverage because if I wreck it.......the car is only worth about a grand. In return, my insurance isn't all that high and I now have a second vehicle to use for the outdoors..........and driving to work in Newark, NJ.