Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer- Off Topic > United Off Topic  **FOR MEMBERS ONLY** > Rant Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

Rant Forum Explode with gripes, complaints, and rants here. Anything goes, so enter with a tough skin.

Old 04-05-2006, 10:59 PM   #1
doughboyea

Name: doughboyea
Title: Upgraded Member
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 2007 Acura TSX
The Rantings of Dough

All the shit that I'll encounter from this point forward, I'll stick here. Shit from my job (stupid things cutomers do) to just the every day crap that I encounter on the road and in school that just annoy the shit out of me. So as it may be... here are the rantings of Dough:

Past rides:
1999 BMW 328i E46 Dinan Stg. 1
1989 Mercedes 190E 2.6
1980 Mercedes 240D
Old 04-05-2006, 11:33 PM   #2
doughboyea

Click here to set it up.
Episode 1

My major is Civil Engineering. As an engineer, in order to become a "professional" one must take a series of exams to establish thier ability. The first in this process is an exam called the FE or EIT exam. This exam is given only twice a year, once in October and again in April. To take this exam, you first have to get the application form from the school or from online or from the state. In this packet you must fill out your SSN and address along with your school information and whether or not you've been deliquent with child support. You mail that in along with your transcript and three names of references (at least two must be licensed Professional Engineers), also, a picture of your face is taken and glued to the application. You of course must pay a fee of $30. Now, granted that's assumed, fees are everywhere, but what annoys me here is that no one tells you how the whole process works. It is assumed that you know. Well I didn't, nor did my friend. I direct you to the only official site that I could find reguarding fees for the exam: Application Fees and Exam Dates.

Ok, so what Dough, why you bitchin? Well, my friend gets this packet in the mail from the state about the exam back in February. It was asking for his choice of where to take the exam and was asked to mail it back to the state. I never got that. But, back to him, his packet asked for him to pay a whooping $125 for an exam fee. HOLY SHIT. We were totally unprepaired for that one.

Now, the issue of this rant. I never recieved that packet, I did however, recieve a letter from the state that had an exact duplicate form from the orignial packet that I had mailed to the state in the begining. It asked me to resubmit my child support questioner. According to the state of NJ, if you are deliquent with child support payments or your a "dead beat dad" your royally fucked. You can't graduate from college, you can't get some jobs, ect. Now, beyond that subject, as it is not really apart of this rant, I had to re-fill that form out. Ok, I did and mailed it back to them. But, to date, I've yet to recieve my final information for the exam. This exam is in 2 weeks.

If I haven't recieved it, I'm suppose to call them. Of course, bet your ass I called them. I called and of course, a fuckin machine answers... you want a human and you get a machine... really, I hate these fuckin machines always NOT helping... PLEASE SAY YES IF YOU... how about, YES GO FUCK YOURSELF AND GIVE ME A FUCKIN OPERATOR ::focus Dough... focus:: OKOKOKK... so yea, I managed my way though the network of numbers and whatnot to call and got a chance to hear a number that I must call instead, of course, wouldn't that be nice... let's call around in circles why don't we. BUT miraculusly, I got a person. I told her of my dilema, she asked for my last name and told me that a letter was sent out to my house. Really... hmm, "what letter was this?", I asked her. She said, "A rejection letter."
WHAT THE FUCK?!
Of course, the obvious question comes up.. why? She didn't know, she said that she would get back to me on that. Left my number and waited. That was at 10AM. It's now the next day and no, she did not call.

So, let me describe to you what this means. In order to graduate from NJIT with a CE degree, you must successfully pass all classes with a culm grade of 2.0 minimum and take (not pass) the Fundamentals of Engineering Exam. If you fail to do either, you CANNOT graduate. I've been at this fuckin institution for SIX years and now, I can't graduate. This is infuriating da dough.....

I'll have to wait until October to take this exam assuming it's not too late to apply for it.

I'll post back when I find out what the fuck is going on.

Dough

Past rides:
1989 Mercedes 190E 2.6
1980 Mercedes 240D
Old 04-05-2006, 11:34 PM   #3
witeshark

Name: witeshark
Title: Suspended License
Rate My Car: 84 / 340
Your Ride: 89 325i 5 speed
Yeah Dough. That's the idea of this part of the forums Post away!
Old 04-05-2006, 11:47 PM   #4
Storamin

Name: Storamin
Title: Road Kill
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1994 325is, 2000 z3 2.3
Bitch Em Up Buddy!
Old 04-06-2006, 12:01 AM   #5
Rooz

Name: Rooz
Rate My Car: 5 / 340
Your Ride: 2003 M5
That's royal ass whipe man!! So, what can you do from now until october?

VIEW MOD LIST & PICS

I am worth $2,010,238 on HumanForSale.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg
Umnitza now provides a mechanic to install all parts ordered right in the box! It's their new "Total customer service program" that will eliminate all the haters and keep incompetents from breaking **** and blaming the vendor! When you are all set simply call INS and they will pick him up free of charge.
Old 04-06-2006, 12:33 AM   #6
c1apton

Name: c1apton
Rate My Car: 134 / 340
Your Ride: 93 E34
Re: Engineer refs - does audio enginer count? j/k But I do know a pro civil engineer in Dallas Tx if you need the ref, I'll be more than happy to contact him for you.
As far as phone hell, 90% of the time I go straight to the "0" operator option and if that don't work go to the Spanish option (don't laugh) These Spanish operators have to be bi-lingual and most times they are far less busy than English - and I get through almost always. I don't have time to fuck around so those 2 options get me who I need to speak to on the "express line".
As to the child support, as long as you're making payments or making an honest attempts to pay they can't legally hold you hostage like it sounds (unless you are really far behind) If that's the case I'ld talk to a lawyer or the schools counselors for your options.
Old 04-06-2006, 12:20 PM   #7
doughboyea

Click here to set it up.
Episode 1 (continued)

Ok, so I called them again today. Oddly enough, she wasn't even in today, it was her day off... who the fuck has a day off on Thursday? Anyway, after the phone rang 10 times+, some other fuck head answered. I had to re-tell my struggle to him. I explained the result of not taking it, ie, not graduating. He claims that a form was mailed out to my house and that I never responded. Fuckin tards. He told me that it was mailed out in February. Well if that was the case and the all-be-it final for all documentation submital is March 1 then I'm in the clear and they are at fault. He responds with, "Well, we don't have expidited mail here." Is that my fault? These fuckin people need someone to go postal on them.... they can't just be that laid back about things like this... This is my graduation. If I can't graduate now, I won't be hired as a full time employee, I won't make the money I need to pay off the loans. Where's my fucking gun!
NJ Bureaucracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooz
So, what can you do from now until october?
Well, I may have to redo one course (unrelated), so I may just take that course and not freak out over the extra time in school, but I won't get my diploma till December as a result of this FE bullshit.

If I take the FE Exam now in April, I'll be able to walk in the graduation ceremony and still, if need be, take that extra course over the summer and recieve my diploma after I pass that class. But, since I may not be able to graduate, having two marks against me (class and exam), I won't be able to walk, I'll have to take that class in the summer, take the exam in October, and wait till december for the degree to be mailed to me AND then walk in May 2007. Fucked up eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1apton
Re: Engineer refs - does audio enginer count? j/k But I do know a pro civil engineer in Dallas Tx if you need the ref, I'll be more than happy to contact him for you.
Yea thanks for the help, however, it's not the references that's a problem, that's all just a formailty. It's passing the test and the BS that you have to go through if THEY fuck up.
Quote:
As far as phone hell, 90% of the time I go straight to the "0" operator option and if that don't work go to the Spanish option (don't laugh) These Spanish operators have to be bi-lingual and most times they are far less busy than English - and I get through almost always. I don't have time to fuck around so those 2 options get me who I need to speak to on the "express line".
Sweet, never heard of that Hispanic line before, I'll remember that for the future, THANKS!
Quote:
As to the child support, as long as you're making payments or making an honest attempts to pay they can't legally hold you hostage like it sounds (unless you are really far behind) If that's the case I'ld talk to a lawyer or the schools counselors for your options.
The point of that is, well, I have no kids. The original packet that was sent had that flyer in there. It just simply asked if you did have kids and you were divorced, that your making the payments for child support. I sent that letter in the first time and the second time when those fuckers sent it again.

To Be Continued...
Whoa...... my fingers hurt. So does my head.

Dough

Past rides:
1989 Mercedes 190E 2.6
1980 Mercedes 240D

Last edited by doughboyea; 04-06-2006 at 02:02 PM..
Old 04-06-2006, 01:42 PM   #8
dinan540

Name: dinan540
Click here to set it up.
Sorry to hear about your dilemmas. If it makes you feel any better, to take my board exam, it was $1500. Try that for a swift kick in the dick. I needed to pass in order to work.

Good luck with everything. Hopefully, you will be able to take the exam. Shit happens for a reason.

540i with some mods
Old 04-06-2006, 01:48 PM   #9
witeshark

Name: witeshark
Rate My Car: 84 / 340
Your Ride: 89 325i 5 speed
I know what it is! Those offices are run by Vogons! (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy) Seriously, what morons
Old 04-06-2006, 02:00 PM   #10
nick_318is

Name: nick_318is
Rate My Car: 10 / 340
Your Ride: 1991 318is (e30 m42), 2007 Mazdaspeed 3
Dough, sorry to hear about you situation, please excuse my post from last night about too much to read (i have deleted it) for some reason I was on the forum and completly hammered, I had the intention to read it and then saw the shit and just declared fuck it, so i'm sorry for acting as though i didn't care.

But this shit sucks, I hear you with wanting to be able to be done with school and establish a career for yourself, that shit sucks and why does it seem like every fucking person you talk to on the phone who is "customer diservice" is incompeitent and doesn't know shit and they dont seem to have the human element to understand where people are coming from. I say we all come out there and kick some ass and bust some skulls, maybe then they will understand.
Old 04-06-2006, 02:11 PM   #11
doughboyea

Click here to set it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_318is
Dough, sorry to hear about you situation, please excuse my post from last night about too much to read (i have deleted it) for some reason I was on the forum and completly hammered, I had the intention to read it and then saw the shit and just declared fuck it, so i'm sorry for acting as though i didn't care....
Appology accepted. Remarks removed.

Life will go on, just right now, it's stagnant.

Dough

Past rides:
1989 Mercedes 190E 2.6
1980 Mercedes 240D
Old 04-06-2006, 05:03 PM   #12
DEATH2000

Name: DEATH2000
Title: Moderator
Rate My Car: 111 / 340
Your Ride: 1998 E36 328i sedan
Dough, that totally sucks, good luck man.

VIEW MY E36 BLOG HERE

New to United Bimmer? Check out our Introductions and Greetings Section and introduce yourself today!

E36 Bentley Manual PDF download avilable HERE
Old 04-06-2006, 07:12 PM   #13
BMWLotAttendant

Name: BMWLotAttendant
Title: I Drive EVERYTHING
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1997 Camry CE
Sooooo

Let me get see if I got this right.

1. You have no kids, you have no child support payments, you aren't divorced?
Why in the hell why was it sent back to you a 2nd time?!?

2. Your grades are above a 2.0? That would be your cumulative GPA above a 2.0?

3. You passed the the Fundamentals of Engineering Exam?

If you are passing with flying colors, I'm guessing, why in the world would you be going through all this, jumping through hoops and bending over backwards for the NJ state to be certified as a professional engineer?

There must be a catch? It all doesn't add up.
Care to share the missing information?
Old 04-06-2006, 07:39 PM   #14
doughboyea

Click here to set it up.
Umm sure, I know it's alot to read, but it's alot because I tried to stick in all the details in there.. so if you rushed though it, you may of missed them. But yea recap:

1. Single male, not married, no kids.
2. GPA is above 2.0
3. NO, the point of the Episode 1 Rant is that the state claims I don't qualify for the sitting for the exam.
4?. Because some pencile pusher lost my paper work, so they blame me.

Does that cover it?

Dough

Past rides:
1989 Mercedes 190E 2.6
1980 Mercedes 240D
Old 04-06-2006, 07:46 PM   #15
BMWLotAttendant

Name: BMWLotAttendant
Title: I Drive EVERYTHING
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1997 Camry CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboyea
Umm sure, I know it's alot to read, but it's alot because I tried to stick in all the details in there.. so if you rushed though it, you may of missed them. But yea recap:

1. Single male, not married, no kids.
2. GPA is above 2.0
3. NO, the point of the Episode 1 Rant is that the state claims I don't qualify for the sitting for the exam.
4?. Because some pencile pusher lost my paper work, so they blame me.

Does that cover it?

Dough
Yeah, I read it throughly without rushing and it all seemed not right.

I mean, what more can you do about it other than re-sign papers?

Perhaps go to the office itself and explain your situation...but if it's too late, then maybe you should still go and do it early.

That really sucks. Sucks balls. Damn. I hope my CFP doesn't go that way.

Is there anything you can do from now till then, have the university call on your behalf?