Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer-General BMW Topics > Bimmer Showroom
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

Bimmer Showroom Sponsored by: 21st Century Insurance
Post pictures and show off your Bimmer here.

Old 10-09-2008, 01:02 PM   #1
devinwwu

Name: devinwwu
Title: Senior Member
Rate My Car: 49 / 340
Your Ride: `00 540i6 Alpine White, `96 740iL Aspen Silber
WARNING - Modified E38 Content

Well, a while ago my wife and i found a very good deal on a `96 740iL. It was running pretty rough because the Oil Separator Valve was toast along with a vacuum leak i'm still trying to find, but it runs almost perfect now.
When we bought the car i immediately threw 55w 6000k HID's in the low beams. I'm getting fogs of the same power/color in the next month. I have ordered CCFL angel eyes for the car as well. The lower skirts are going to be color matched to the Aspen Silver Metallic paint color as well.
It needs nothing inside as the 7 series is insanely luxurious to begin with. The only other thing i will do is lower it and possibly look into some engine control performance software.
I knew i wanted to get some big wheels when we got it home, and i was planning on puttin 20s on it (NO CHROME!!!). Long story short i saw an e38 with replica 20" Style 128 rims from the E66 and fell in love. I wanted the OEM rims, not replicas so i ended up with these 21" Style 128s. The tires are 255/30/21 and the rims are 9" wide all around (not staggered).

Let me know what you think so far.
Ignore the PT, it was only there cause i was selling it for my inlaws.

Thanks
Old 10-09-2008, 05:52 PM   #2
Rooz

Name: Rooz
Title: Upgraded Member
Rate My Car: 5 / 340
Your Ride: 2003 M5
looks good

Guy at work bought the v12 version and put those wheels on it for a while, but without a drop it looked goofy.

He has since taken them off, painted the bottom section of the car to match the car and slapped smoked tails, sides and corner on it.

VIEW MOD LIST & PICS

I am worth $2,010,238 on HumanForSale.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg
Umnitza now provides a mechanic to install all parts ordered right in the box! It's their new "Total customer service program" that will eliminate all the haters and keep incompetents from breaking **** and blaming the vendor! When you are all set simply call INS and they will pick him up free of charge.
Old 10-09-2008, 05:59 PM   #3
devinwwu

Name: devinwwu
Title: Senior Member
Rate My Car: 49 / 340
Your Ride: `00 540i6 Alpine White, `96 740iL Aspen Silber
it doesn't look goofy to me on this particular car. i definitely want to lower it, but compared to most other cars with wheels and no suspension, this looks a lot better than them. I think it probably has something to do with the wheel color vs car color and the fact that it is a big car to begin with.