Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer- Off Topic > United Off Topic  **FOR MEMBERS ONLY**
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

United Off Topic  **FOR MEMBERS ONLY** Chat about whatever! Off-topic chat forum. (Be sure to appropriately title posts that are NWS) You must be registred and logged in to see sub-forums

Old 03-27-2008, 08:26 AM   #1
Dan

Name: Dan
Title: Visiting Mod
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 540
A revelation while talking to someone...

i think i have mentally X'ed out a lot of the girls i've dated before due to their family. when i was younger, i never seem to care or understood how important is was what kind of people their parent's are and what they did and how much education they had but i did know it bothered me.

it's not like my parents both have Ph.D's or anything but my grandmother was one of the few who did not have their foot bound in China and she also attended college (i think this was turn of the century... early 1900's). Everyone is at least some what educated which explains why i'm back in school after a 10 year hiatus to finish up.

the girls in my life whom i have dated which i have a soft spot for all have parents who are very well educated. the current girl is not going to work out. i know it already and it wasn't until i was talking to a friend of mine did she mention her mom was really upset she's dating a guy who's parents never went to college in Korea or in the US. her parents are very well educated and when she mentioned this to me, i think it clicked why i would dump most of the girls i date. the family alignment just wasn't there.

i'm not saying i'm snotty or "better" then them since some of the most successful people in the world didn't finish college; but they are are the exceptions and not the rule. I don't know what it is about this issue. it really does bother me now that something in the back of my head which i've always denied has come forward. huh.....

what's your take?