Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer- Model Categories > E36
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

E36 General discussion and technical help for (E36) 1992-1999 3 series cars. 318, 323, 325, 328.

Old 04-19-2005, 02:50 PM   #16
bitcore

Name: bitcore
Title: Senior Member
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
the silica enchanced rubber helps the tire wear much longer than regular tire rubber, from what I can tell. It's got this greacy feeling to it that will wear off after you've taken about 20 good hard turns.

Yes, cheeper rubber may probably be more effective if you track. In fact, it will be becuase no matter what you paid, you'll eat the piss out of them.
I'm thinking I'm gonna try the avons, and if they really do suck compairitively, I'll just drift around corners until the rears are half gone, rotate and do it again... and then just drive normally and buy the pirilli's I must be on drugs becuase I'm not choosing the pirilli's first off... ugh... but I'm broke.
Old 04-19-2005, 04:01 PM   #17
Linds

Name: Linds
Rate My Car: 70 / 340
Your Ride: 97 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitcore
the silica enchanced rubber helps the tire wear much longer than regular tire rubber, from what I can tell. It's got this greacy feeling to it that will wear off after you've taken about 20 good hard turns.

Yes, cheeper rubber may probably be more effective if you track. In fact, it will be becuase no matter what you paid, you'll eat the piss out of them.
I'm thinking I'm gonna try the avons, and if they really do suck compairitively, I'll just drift around corners until the rears are half gone, rotate and do it again... and then just drive normally and buy the pirilli's I must be on drugs becuase I'm not choosing the pirilli's first off... ugh... but I'm broke.
Let us know how those Avons turn out for you. On tirerack.com they're about $40 cheaper a piece than the Pirelli's so if they're decent it'd be good to know. I'll probably be getting the Pirelli's sometime next week cause they only had three in stock when I went to get a price and I need all four. But I'll let you guys know if I think they were worth the money.

BTW bitcore, I love the quotes in your sig; they're hysterical!
Old 04-20-2005, 10:25 PM   #18
urban328is

Name: urban328is
Title: United Newb
Click here to set it up.
i have the pirelli p zero neros.....they ride really nice...just got them in march and they love to "chirp" as 50 cent would say
Old 04-20-2005, 10:36 PM   #19
Spieluhr

Name: Spieluhr
Title: ///M Driven
Click here to set it up.
i ride on kuhmo ecstas. great ride for the $$$. They just came out with a new tire a few months ago called the MDX or something like that, they are only a few more bucks than the supras and were on NATIONAL backorder when i wanted them, so that says something.

but that price for pirellis does sound pretty intense! i would jump on that if i were you.

BMW, The Ultimate Driving Machine
Old 04-20-2005, 11:14 PM   #20
bitcore

Name: bitcore
Click here to set it up.
Good god! I just took my left front and back right tires off to check by brake level (I didn't add new sensors) and my pirilli's had 2 nails, and what looks like a couple cuts... but these things are holding air without a problem. I had no idea these things were there.

Kickass! I ran through a tire popping mine field and they are holding their own, lol.