Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer-General BMW Topics > Lighting
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

Lighting
BAVTOYS.COM- To see and be SEEN
Sponsored by: BavToys.com
Discussion of headlights, fog lights, blinkers, and any other car lighting.

Old 02-16-2008, 10:18 PM   #1
peterkdenny

Name: peterkdenny
Title: Member
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: '96 328is
Question dj auto headlight assembly install

I just bought a set of dj auto headlights with angel eyes from bavtoys and was impressed with the fast shipping, but i havent quite figured out how to install them. Actually im just having trouble with the wireing. Does anyone have any insight or tips as to how to hook them up? I plugged in the factory high and low beam connections into the new wiring adaptor/harness and then tried plugging in the for female wires into the appropriate mele connectors on the headlight assembly as best i could, according to the diagrams in the diy section of the lighting forum. It didnt work so i tried every variation i could, and the lights still wouldn't come on. Also im not sure what to do with the seemingly loose grey wire in the adaptor harness. Thanks
Old 02-16-2008, 10:43 PM   #2
johnnybayonne

Name: johnnybayonne
Title: Suspended License
Rate My Car: 254 / 340
Your Ride: 1997 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterkdenny View Post
I just bought a set of dj auto headlights with angel eyes from bavtoys and was impressed with the fast shipping, but i havent quite figured out how to install them. Actually im just having trouble with the wireing. Does anyone have any insight or tips as to how to hook them up? I plugged in the factory high and low beam connections into the new wiring adaptor/harness and then tried plugging in the for female wires into the appropriate mele connectors on the headlight assembly as best i could, according to the diagrams in the diy section of the lighting forum. It didnt work so i tried every variation i could, and the lights still wouldn't come on. Also im not sure what to do with the seemingly loose grey wire in the adaptor harness. Thanks
Maybe this will help! I just installed the DJ's about 2 months ago, I got mine from ebay!!! I have some more info I'm getting together now for you!!!
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread/t-118229.html
Old 02-16-2008, 11:01 PM   #3
johnnybayonne

Name: johnnybayonne
Title: Suspended License
Rate My Car: 254 / 340
Your Ride: 1997 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybayonne View Post
Maybe this will help! I just installed the DJ's about 2 months ago, I got mine from ebay!!! I have some more info I'm getting together now for you!!!
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread/t-118229.html
dj's.jpg
Note: When reinstalling your headlights, pin two of the barrel connector is used to power the city lights. Almost all owners have these connected to their parking light hot wire (grey with purple stripe on driver's side, grey with yellow stripe on passenger side). As shown, this installation is transparent and will be powered by the previously installed city lamp wiring. You may want to connect the wiring to the lights outside of the car to test your connections. Reinstall your headlamps and turn your parking lights on to power up the Predator Chromium™ .http://www.umnitza.com/dde/video/e46...torinstall.htm
http://www.unitedbimmer.com/forums/l...ow-i-suck.html

Last edited by johnnybayonne; 02-17-2008 at 08:58 AM..
Old 02-17-2008, 12:10 PM   #4
TheUniballer

Name: TheUniballer
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1993 BMW 325is
haha ya I just had this problem. what worked for me if you're looking down at the lights as they are in, brown up, white right, yellow down, grey left. also turn the car on to test the headlights, took me a while to figure that out. Other than that putting them in is pretty easy, just do the wire splice ^^

Last edited by TheUniballer; 02-17-2008 at 12:11 PM..
Old 02-17-2008, 10:37 PM   #5
peterkdenny

Name: peterkdenny
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: '96 328is
thanks great info! i actually found the problem, there was a missing connection in the passanger side headlight assembly so thats why it wouldnt come on. When i took both headlights apart and compared them, it was easy to see the missing connection and plug it in. thanks anyway