Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer- Off Topic > United Off Topic  **FOR MEMBERS ONLY**
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

United Off Topic  **FOR MEMBERS ONLY** Chat about whatever! Off-topic chat forum. (Be sure to appropriately title posts that are NWS) You must be registred and logged in to see sub-forums

Old 09-21-2006, 02:33 AM   #1
bakaroo

Name: bakaroo
Title: Member
Rate My Car: 186 / 340
Your Ride: 1996 328is
red light cameras

I was coming back from the bank around 11:55pm and I was going to make a right turn but it was a red light. I made a complete stop but I guess I must have crossed over into the crossing lanes before I came to that complete stop (I must have been going around 3mph AT THE MOST) and then all these fucking flashes started going off. Fucking red light cameras! I still made the complete stop and waited for the green light EVEN THOUGH THERE WAS NO ONE AT THE INTERSECTION.

Think I'll get a ticket? God, I hope not. If I get a ticket, somebody's gonna get hurt.
Old 09-21-2006, 08:00 AM   #2
TerryY

Name: TerryY
Title: Senior Member
Rate My Car: 7 / 340
We had one here (Beaverton, OR) that took pictures of every car passing thru an intersection for a whole day. Red light or Green light made no difference.

Even knowing it was a screw-up they sent the tickets anyway

Beaverton is the place where they announced that they were installing the cameras as a "Revenue stream" and safety was secondary to that. Truth at last!!

If you get one for a Right on Red it should be easy to fight.

Terry

Aloha Oregon
'95 840
'98 SVT Cobra
Old 09-21-2006, 01:08 PM   #3
mullethunter3

Name: mullethunter3
Title: Upgraded Member
Rate My Car: 156 / 340
Your Ride: 318is, Suzuki GS500
nah, you won't get a ticket. they are reviewed by police officers after the fact, and if you didn't run it, no ticket.
Old 09-21-2006, 01:18 PM   #4
bakaroo

Name: bakaroo
Title: Member
Rate My Car: 186 / 340
Your Ride: 1996 328is
Quote:
Beaverton is the place where they announced that they were installing the cameras as a "Revenue stream" and safety was secondary to that.
Wow. Just, wow.

I hope you're right about not getting a ticket. :\
Old 11-09-2011, 04:57 AM   #5
april

Name: april
Title: United Newb
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: BMW
Red-light cams have become increasingly widespread since their release in the early 1990s. The cams digitally take a picture of any car that crosses and intersection on a red light. Tickets are then issues and sent out the vehicle's listed proprietor. Opponents say they invade on privacy and they are more about earnings than public security. Fans say that they're a cost-effective way to keep drivers in check. Source of article: Do red-light cameras put profit over public safety?

I guess we need to be careful when we are driving if we don't want to have a traffic violation. I just hope that red light cameras are more concerned on our public safety than revenues.