Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer-General BMW Topics > Lighting
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

Lighting
BAVTOYS.COM- To see and be SEEN
Sponsored by: BavToys.com
Discussion of headlights, fog lights, blinkers, and any other car lighting.

Old 01-29-2008, 12:22 AM   #1
TheUniballer

Name: TheUniballer
Title: Member
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1993 BMW 325is
Unhappy wow, I suck at this

I ordered a pair of djauto headlights from bavtoys.com on friday, and was surprised to see them delivered on monday. So I get all excited to get them installed, and find that there are no instructions at all. Well I thought I could figure it out myself, forgetting that I am terrible at electrical stuff. Then I realize that it takes H1 bulbs and I only have the 9005/9006's. It was only an extra $20 to add to the order, but of course I thought mine were H1's so I didn't get them. Crap, crap, crap.

I've seen the guides on installation from habbie and looked on both bavtoys and pelican parts and I still have no idea what I'm doing. I get the wiring of the 4 wires into the main input, but I have to do something with the turn signal wires?

Old 01-29-2008, 08:36 AM   #2
johnnybayonne

Name: johnnybayonne
Title: Suspended License
Rate My Car: 254 / 340
Your Ride: 1997 328i
Maybe this can help!!

I just installed the djauto's, here is one of the instruction pages: you can print it.......
http://files.unitedbimmer.com/ub.c/j...nne/instr..wmf

http://www.bavauto.com/Assets/inst_pages/ins010.pdf

http://www.umnitza.com/dde/video/e46...torinstall.htm

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread/t-118229.html

Note: When reinstalling your headlights, pin two of the barrel connector is used to power the city lights. Almost all owners have these connected to their parking light hot wire (grey with purple stripe on driver's side, grey with yellow stripe on passenger side). As shown, this installation is transparent and will be powered by the previously installed city lamp wiring. You may want to connect the wiring to the lights outside of the car to test your connections. Reinstall your headlamps and turn your parking lights on to power up the Predator Chromium™ Thank you once again for your purchase. Please call or send email to info@umnitza.com if you have any questions.

Last edited by johnnybayonne; 01-29-2008 at 09:08 AM.. Reason: added text
Old 01-29-2008, 03:02 PM   #3
TheUniballer

Click here to set it up.
ok, so you splice the corner light wire with the angel eye power (grey one). how do I do that with no hardware besides the wiring harness? I literally have just the headlights and wiring harnesses, nothing else. not even a packing list!

Last edited by TheUniballer; 01-29-2008 at 03:05 PM..
Old 01-29-2008, 09:19 PM   #4
johnnybayonne

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUniballer View Post
ok, so you splice the corner light wire with the angel eye power (grey one). how do I do that with no hardware besides the wiring harness? I literally have just the headlights and wiring harnesses, nothing else. not even a packing list!
Go to any autoparts store and pick up these Quick Splice Terminals, they have to be the RED ones!!! You'll need 2, but get 4!!!

Dorman Quick Splice Terminals: Conduct-Tite!(R); Solderless; Red; 22-18 Gauge; 2 Per Pack

Part Number: 85565

Last edited by johnnybayonne; 01-29-2008 at 09:28 PM.. Reason: TYPE O
Old 01-30-2008, 06:45 AM   #5
TheUniballer

Click here to set it up.
k, I went to ace and got some so I guess today it's round two. I also got some H1 bulbs ($80 ).

Old 01-30-2008, 09:29 AM   #6
215BIMMER535

Name: 215BIMMER535
Rate My Car: 123 / 340
Your Ride: '97 328i
(i also have djauto ellipsoids with angel eyes) if i were you i would eliminate the city lights completely. thats what i did. i personally think daytime running lights are hideous. i left the bulbs in place but eliminated them from the circuit. much better. also i ran the angel eyes on their own power source and switch. i tapped power for them from the switch for the lights in the dash and mounted the new switch in the blank button panel next to the dimmer roller on the dash. i like being able to use the halos by themselves with nothing else on, whether the car is running or not. if you want to do it like that let me know i can help
Old 01-31-2008, 05:16 AM   #7
TheUniballer

Click here to set it up.
That sounds cool, I might do that when it warms up (it's like -28F wind chill). When you say city lights do you mean the lows? The lights came with the parking lights disabled if that's what you're talking about.

I got the wires spliced correctly, but now NOTHING works. Just the left high beam working on all settings and corner lights. I have it as follows, yellow up, white right, brown down, gray left. Is the setup reversed on the other side? Also, which wires connect to what? Woulda been nice if they were labeled...

Old 01-31-2008, 08:58 AM   #8
TheUniballer

Click here to set it up.
um, ok now the lows and highs are working after I switched the plug setup and took out the relays and put back in (dont know if that mattered), but the angel eyes are still not working. maybe my splices didn't quite work?

Old 01-31-2008, 09:24 AM   #9
johnnybayonne

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUniballer View Post
um, ok now the lows and highs are working after I switched the plug setup and took out the relays and put back in (dont know if that mattered), but the angel eyes are still not working. maybe my splices didn't quite work?
Are the halos wired to the ballasts???
This same thing happen me, I think because the DjAuto Ellipsoids - and OEM are AFTERMARKET we are having this problem! I know that the posistion of the cannon plugs were off on my headlights. I typed in RED in the the diagram below. While the car was running, I basically had to plug in the plug n play harness into the stock headlight connectors & I switched the wire positions on the cannon plug end until I got it right, also while checking the low & high beams opperation @ the same time with the Halos!
I finally got to work properly without blowing any fuses!!! DIAGRAM BELOW:
http://files.unitedbimmer.com/ub.c/j...nne/cannon.png

Last edited by johnnybayonne; 01-31-2008 at 10:21 AM.. Reason: TYPE O
Old 01-31-2008, 11:54 AM   #10
TheUniballer

Click here to set it up.
The halos work when they have power. I found out when I connected the plugs the wrong way at first, but now they don't work when the rest of the lights work. I have brown on top, gray on right, white on left, and yellow on bottom. I think my splice got jarred when I was messing with the wiring harness, so I'll try it again and let you know.