Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer- Off Topic > United Off Topic  **FOR MEMBERS ONLY**
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

United Off Topic  **FOR MEMBERS ONLY** Chat about whatever! Off-topic chat forum. (Be sure to appropriately title posts that are NWS) You must be registred and logged in to see sub-forums

Old 01-29-2008, 08:30 PM   #46
253325is

Name: 253325is
Title: Member
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1987 325is
ohhhhhhhhhh i've heard of those! twin turbo 3 liter six speed hell i'd take one of those. is it suposed to be like a new 2002 or what?
Old 01-29-2008, 08:52 PM   #47
MTurboPower3

Name: MTurboPower3
Title: Senior Member
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: Dont have a car yet
I like the 135 and all but I can't wait for this to come out:
http://www.motortrend.com/features/a...t_1_series_tii
So I might just buy an E30, or36 and wait until the Tii comes out.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:55 PM   #48
253325is

Click here to set it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTurboPower3 View Post
e30 power!

no but how much money are you planing on spending?
Old 01-29-2008, 10:25 PM   #49
celsdogg

Name: celsdogg
Title: never gonna happen
Rate My Car: 131 / 340
Your Ride: BMW E30, Subaru BE, Cannondale M400
Quote:
When did this turn into an arguement about camry's? I was asking wat you guys thought about an integra Type R not a camry. Also stop hating japanese cars, not all of them are bad. In my opinion i would take an integra over an E30 cause its about 10 years newer also much cheaper to fix if somthing breaks. If somthing breaks on an E30 its hard to find. I am looking for a car to get around that's kind of fun.
This kinda ticked me off. i dont hate on japanese cars, and even own one. an integra might be newer than an E30 but it is not hard to find parts and parts arent that expensive. maybe you should have experience with *whatever* before you start making erroneous comments about *whatever*.

here is my feeling on the integra. its a flippin civic, and economy grocery getter, thus the use of FWD. so a bunch of clowns buy these reliable cars. then they want to make them go fast so they strap on a bunch of useless "accessories" on. Then, the car maker realizes that they can make some money on these clowns and come out with these type-R, TRD, etc and crap. sure they are fast, but underneath, they are still the economy cars they were meant to be, you just pay more for the "accessories".

when a car maker actually makes a sports car/sedan/coupe/whatever, they put in RWD. i.e: S2000.
Old 01-29-2008, 11:48 PM   #50
253325is

Click here to set it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by celsdogg View Post
here is my feeling on the integra. its a flippin civic, and economy grocery getter, thus the use of FWD. so a bunch of clowns buy these reliable cars. then they want to make them go fast so they strap on a bunch of useless "accessories" on. Then, the car maker realizes that they can make some money on these clowns and come out with these type-R, TRD, etc and crap. sure they are fast, but underneath, they are still the economy cars they were meant to be, you just pay more for the "accessories".

when a car maker actually makes a sports car/sedan/coupe/whatever, they put in RWD. i.e: S2000.
glad to know someone becides me dislikes civics and tegs haha.

cause the thing is... i go out driving at nights and sit at stop lights waiting for hondas to pull up next to me with a big ass spoiler, vtec badge on the back, big ol coffee can stickin out the bodykit, some punk 16 17 year old kids in it (honk honk honk) and i'm gone befor he can put it in "|D|"

i dont hate japanese cars either (lexus and toyota i like) i just dont understand why some (honda, acura, hyundai, kia) are so over rated for what they are is all...

i mean a type r would be cool cause it's got 190 some hp but thats only cause it's suped up as much as it can be witch also makes it a lot less fun if anyone knows what i mean. put money into an e30 make it push 200+ easy depending on what it is. and they have leather seats... ooooooooooo yea...

ok i'm done. ha...
Old 01-30-2008, 03:14 PM   #51
pj69pl

Name: pj69pl
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1989 325is
Quote:
I like the 135 and all but I can't wait for this to come out:
http://www.motortrend.com/features/a...t_1_series_tii
sick car... i want it!
Old 01-30-2008, 03:54 PM   #52
MTurboPower3

Click here to set it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by celsdogg View Post
This kinda ticked me off. i dont hate on japanese cars, and even own one. an integra might be newer than an E30 but it is not hard to find parts and parts arent that expensive. maybe you should have experience with *whatever* before you start making erroneous comments about *whatever*.

I like the S2000 but, its expensive and also I hate that its a convertible, and I was looking at hard tops that you could put on an S2000 and they are expensive.
Old 01-30-2008, 10:22 PM   #53
253325is

Click here to set it up.
Quote:
I like the S2000 but, its expensive and also I hate that its a convertible, and I was looking at hard tops that you could put on an S2000 and they are expensive.
i didnt even know they had hard tops for S2000. the only ones i ever see are convertibles... than again thats the kinda thing that would make a hard top S2000 so cool to have.
Old 01-30-2008, 11:02 PM   #54
BMWLotAttendant

Name: BMWLotAttendant
Title: I Drive EVERYTHING
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1997 Camry CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_318is View Post
Allow me to recap:

Integra: a pretty good performer, Will understeer, especially on corner exit and torque steer but so does my Mazda and I am pretty happy with it. Probably run for a long time with proper care. Looks crosseyed.
BMW: Parts are more expensive, hopefully have to replace less often as a byproduct. Unfortunately people want them as a status symbol and not always for their great engineering and handling characteristics. Also no longer offer LSDs as options, they are standard on the M cars, I don't know if things are different in europe.
E30: Most kickass car ever, great to learn in, Light weight, relatively cheap to buy one in good condition if you can find it, Parts are NOT hard to find, loads of fun, if you don;t believe me your meeting me in a good halfway location and I will strap you in mine at a track, hows mid-ohio work for you? Will run forever with good care and coming from a good home. CULT STATUS.
E36: Most definitely not boring, probably what is modern enough for your tastes. Fun, lots of mods out there.
E46: More modern mostly the same as above, better looking then the e36, still lots of fun.
Camry: Poo-poo platter for old women and people who don't care about important things like turning with speed, only pluses will probably run forever even without oilchanges or any care, room for the family, BLAND styling.

1 sentence summary for those who are reading impaired: GO FIND SOME BMWS AND DRIVE THEM, YOU WILL LIKE THEM, after all its a bmw forum and we must all like them for some reason

Good recap.
Old 01-31-2008, 11:16 AM   #55
MTurboPower3

Click here to set it up.
They don't come with a hard top, you can buy one its like 4k for the top.
Old 01-31-2008, 12:57 PM   #56
compactdisc

Name: compactdisc
Title: United Newb
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 93' 325is
"Not very fun to drive?" compared to an integra? your logic?
Old 01-31-2008, 01:52 PM   #57
xsperf

Name: xsperf
Title: United Baller
Rate My Car: 185 / 340
Your Ride: 95 325is
hah, no logic there. he is a kid, who knows, probably doesnt even have his license yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1apton
I keep forgetting that - I have a great memory but it doesn't last long

CRS disease = Can't Remeber Shit
Old 02-01-2008, 04:19 AM   #58
253325is

Click here to set it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsperf View Post
hah, no logic there. he is a kid, who knows, probably doesnt even have his license yet
ooo BURN! ha...
Old 02-01-2008, 10:26 AM   #59
Montizzle 325i

Name: Montizzle 325i
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1998 dakar ///M3 sedan 5-spd
Integra type R is one of the best FWD cars ever IMO. But its going to be hard for you to find a REAL one. But as others have said, dont dismiss the e36 right off the bat. Go drive a manual e36 in nice shape (bushings replaced etc), ull be amazed at the feedback and road feel

EDIT: What the fuck? ppl are honestly saying that a CAMRY is better than an e30. wow, ban

Last edited by Montizzle 325i; 02-01-2008 at 10:29 AM..
Old 02-01-2008, 09:45 PM   #60
MTurboPower3

Click here to set it up.
I was just looking on Ebay, and I found a bunch of E46's with performance packages. What do you think of them?