Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer- Off Topic > United Off Topic  **FOR MEMBERS ONLY**
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

United Off Topic  **FOR MEMBERS ONLY** Chat about whatever! Off-topic chat forum. (Be sure to appropriately title posts that are NWS) You must be registred and logged in to see sub-forums

Old 01-26-2008, 11:55 PM   #16
witeshark

Name: witeshark
Title: Suspended License
Rate My Car: 84 / 340
Your Ride: 89 325i 5 speed
I have heard that the Integra is amazingly well balanced for FWD with throttle lift oversteer always predictable
Old 01-27-2008, 11:44 AM   #17
nick_318is

Name: nick_318is
Rate My Car: 10 / 340
Your Ride: 1991 318is (e30 m42), 2007 Mazdaspeed 3
Throttle Lift Oversteer FTW!!!!!! The gas pedal is my favorite handling friend. Trail braking is fun too.
Old 01-27-2008, 01:09 PM   #18
215BIMMER535

Name: 215BIMMER535
Title: Member
Rate My Car: 123 / 340
Your Ride: '97 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by celsdogg View Post
my boss used to race one, a yellow one without a sunroof, apparently some special edition or something. he sold it like 2 years ago around md here.
as i recall NONE of the type-r tegs came with a sunroof and they is a cursory way to tell a fake goin down the road
Old 01-27-2008, 01:46 PM   #19
denyo77

Name: denyo77
Rate My Car: 198 / 340
Your Ride: 1988 325i Touring
the Integra is nice... but isn't it FWD?
Old 01-27-2008, 01:58 PM   #20
witeshark

Name: witeshark
Rate My Car: 84 / 340
Your Ride: 89 325i 5 speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by denyo77 View Post
the Integra is nice... but isn't it FWD?
Yup
Old 01-28-2008, 08:00 PM   #21
MTurboPower3

Name: MTurboPower3
Title: Senior Member
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: Dont have a car yet
Its ok though, Because it good when its slippery when it snows or sleets. If you have an E30 it is RWD as I imagine and I don't think that would be too good in slippery weather.
Craig, those weren't type R's they were imposters. Those were GSR's. I can find a GSR anywhere. I want a Type R because it has amazing handling.

Last edited by MTurboPower3; 01-28-2008 at 08:02 PM..
Old 01-28-2008, 08:04 PM   #22
nick_318is

Name: nick_318is
Rate My Car: 10 / 340
Your Ride: 1991 318is (e30 m42), 2007 Mazdaspeed 3
^Dude they are called snow tires and make a world of difference, granted the e30 can be a pain in the snow, but snow tires really do make a difference. Just put a shovel in the back and something to get some grip and your good to go. Most places I find have decent snow clearing so you dont run into anywhere near as much snow or trouble. Just get an e36 and call it a day Or get an e30 and be a badass.
Old 01-28-2008, 09:10 PM   #23
mullethunter3

Name: mullethunter3
Title: Upgraded Member
Rate My Car: 156 / 340
Your Ride: 318is, Suzuki GS500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTurboPower3 View Post
it just doesn't seem like a very fun car to drive.
Take that back! But seriously, though.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:08 PM   #24
pj69pl

Name: pj69pl
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1989 325is
no offence, but ur a

TRAITOR!
Old 01-28-2008, 10:08 PM   #25
craig

Name: craig
Title: Sitting in Time out
Click here to set it up.
Quote:
Its ok though, Because it good when its slippery when it snows or sleets. If you have an E30 it is RWD as I imagine and I don't think that would be too good in slippery weather.
Craig, those weren't type R's they were imposters. Those were GSR's. I can find a GSR anywhere. I want a Type R because it has amazing handling.
pff. if you cant handle the snow in a RWD car, then you shouldnt drive. haha. i survived this winter in my bug with street tires(rwd, going sideways down mainstreet at 30MPH. ah, good fun.)

the only difference with the GSR and the type r is the suspention and sun roof. nothing els. and from what i can see, that supercharged one has a pretty serious suspention and could probably out handle a stock type r. dont limit yourself to just ONE type of car. dont say "well if its not THIS one then i dont want it". i did that for a while, and i was also carless for a while because i wanted a bimmer and nothing els. as you can see, thats changed and i have owned EVERYTHING EXCEPT a bimmer.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:10 PM   #26
craig

Name: craig
Title: Sitting in Time out
Click here to set it up.
also, FWD cars have BAD understeer in the snow. trust me. i almost crashed the parents mini van because of it(it was pretty much pure ice)
Old 01-28-2008, 10:47 PM   #27
xsperf

Name: xsperf
Title: United Baller
Rate My Car: 185 / 340
Your Ride: 95 325is
id have to agree, i prefer rear wheel drive, much more fun in the summer, and in the winter, it'll teach you to drive responsibly. take it easy and you'll be fine, front wheel drive isnt four wheel drive, you know

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1apton
I keep forgetting that - I have a great memory but it doesn't last long

CRS disease = Can't Remeber Shit
Old 01-29-2008, 02:23 AM   #28
253325is

Name: 253325is
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1987 325is
Quote:
befor my e30 i had a toyota camry SUCKED ASS everything on it was plastic. i got an e30 for the same price and it's teached me how to drive responsibly. i was driving all over town today in the snow and didnt have any problems. if you know how to drive a car good you can drive it anywhere you want. front, rear, all wheel drive and or type R suspension doesnt make a difference unless your going 200 miles an hour every turn you make. PLUS most bmws have limited slip and anti lock brake systems and stock street performance suspension... all that and still looks nice. after all... my bmw does Bring Me Wemen...
Old 01-29-2008, 09:34 AM   #29
BMWLotAttendant

Name: BMWLotAttendant
Title: I Drive EVERYTHING
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1997 Camry CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 253325is View Post
befor my e30 i had a toyota camry SUCKED ASS everything on it was plastic. i got an e30 for the same price and it's teached me how to drive responsibly. i was driving all over town today in the snow and didnt have any problems. if you know how to drive a car good you can drive it anywhere you want. front, rear, all wheel drive and or type R suspension doesnt make a difference unless your going 200 miles an hour every turn you make. PLUS most bmws have limited slip and anti lock brake systems and stock street performance suspension... all that and still looks nice. after all... my bmw does Bring Me Wemen...
This is where I come in. I will have to say something. I do drive a 97 Camry CE right now. I do have to say that IMHO, my Camry is better in so many ways than an e30. Lasts longer, more room, IMO better looking, and newer. It is all relative to what your personal tastes are, and for me, I would choose a Generation 3/4 Camry over an e30 anyday. And fyi about women. You don't want them to like you for your car, they should be attracted to your personality. Yes, your car may have something to do with how they were attracted to you with reference to your car, but when the rubber meets the road, it's going to be your personality compatibility that makes or breaks the relationship. Have a nice day!
Old 01-29-2008, 11:38 AM   #30
Numark318i

Name: Numark318i
Title: has an empty wallet
Location: The Only place in the world where people say "Hella"
Rate My Car: 125 / 340
Your Ride: ^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWLotAttendant View Post
This is where I come in. I will have to say something. I do drive a 97 Camry CE right now. I do have to say that IMHO, my Camry is better in so many ways than an e30. Lasts longer, more room, IMO better looking, and newer. It is all relative to what your personal tastes are, and for me, I would choose a Generation 3/4 Camry over an e30 anyday. And fyi about women. You don't want them to like you for your car, they should be attracted to your personality. Yes, your car may have something to do with how they were attracted to you with reference to your car, but when the rubber meets the road, it's going to be your personality compatibility that makes or breaks the relationship. Have a nice day!
agreed gold diggers ftl

The aural sensations of 1st gear WOT
**CGM **(Certified Garage Mechanic)