Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer-General BMW Topics > Detailing and Cleaning
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

Detailing and Cleaning Sponsored by: Autogeek.net
Discuss waxing, cleaning, detailing and everything in between here to keep your bimmer looking its very best.

Old 04-17-2005, 05:11 PM   #1
///Milk

Name: ///Milk
Title: Member
Rate My Car: 333 / 340
Car wash formula/soap/whatever

alright, since im the kid of the house, i have to clean my parents' cars
wat do u guys used to wash ur cars? i use some no dry shit, but i eventually dry it cuz if it ever gets wet, itll get soapy again...any no dry type stuff u guys can recommend?

///MilkTV

E30 ///M3 Fanatic
Old 04-17-2005, 09:17 PM   #2
hamann318is

Name: hamann318is
Rate My Car: 99 / 340
I like soaps that sud well. I use Meguiar's Gold Class currently.

I wash my 'rents cars with that Mr. Clean Auto Dry, because I don't care enough to spend time drying them too.

The BMW 318 is back. With a vengeance.
Old 04-18-2005, 01:56 AM   #3
///Milk

Name: ///Milk
Rate My Car: 333 / 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamann318is
I like soaps that sud well. I use Meguiar's Gold Class currently.

I wash my 'rents cars with that Mr. Clean Auto Dry, because I don't care enough to spend time drying them too.
for the Mr. Clean Auto Dry, does it dry relly good? and wont bubble up again wen u put water on it, cuz i have some shitty no-dry soap crap. how much for the Meguiar's and the Mr. Clean?

///MilkTV

E30 ///M3 Fanatic
Old 04-18-2005, 03:55 PM   #4
cruzin 323is

Name: cruzin 323is
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
ya.. the mr clean thingy... it works allright.. but a nice chamois.. will allways do a better job!
Old 04-18-2005, 04:08 PM   #5
sloveniaboy

Name: sloveniaboy
Title: United Newb
Click here to set it up.
i use meguiars soap and then use the mr clean autodry

the more steps you remove from toucing the paint, the less fine scratches and swirl marks you'll have
Old 04-18-2005, 08:16 PM   #6
breden

Name: breden
Rate My Car: 36 / 340
i use griots garage car wash, with deionized water so it doesnt spot
Old 04-18-2005, 08:22 PM   #7
Rooz

Name: Rooz
Title: Upgraded Member
Rate My Car: 5 / 340
Your Ride: 2003 M5
ok, not trying to brag or anything, but I have used tons of stuff to wash cars, things that everyone can buy, and thigns only the pros can get their hands on. In my many experienced products I have only found 2 products I really liked washing my car with, one is meguiar's soap, and the other one is the Rain-x soap. Those just alone make your car shine a lot, then I also use that Mr. Clean rinse free thingy, that works too, and last but not least, I use a microfiber cloth to dry the car (and that makes the diff) when U do all that, it takes a lot more for your car to get dirty, and it stays shinny for a good while. I also use his special window cloth from Turtle wax. And for my trims (black modlings) I use Armal all extreme shine (not too much, just a bit) and my car is always clean.

VIEW MOD LIST & PICS

I am worth $2,010,238 on HumanForSale.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg
Umnitza now provides a mechanic to install all parts ordered right in the box! It's their new "Total customer service program" that will eliminate all the haters and keep incompetents from breaking **** and blaming the vendor! When you are all set simply call INS and they will pick him up free of charge.
Old 04-19-2005, 07:12 AM   #8
delair

Name: delair
Rate My Car: 53 / 340
Smile

From my side I don’t have a time to wash my cars specially the SUV coz I cannot reach the top am always taking it to a car wash and there very good taking care of it coz am paying to much 4 washing them

___/'''''''''''''''''''''''\__
(_/_____ \_)
.._______________.
(OO=.(__)(__).=OO)
====[______]====
)________________(
Old 04-19-2005, 09:29 AM   #9
SeanH

Name: SeanH
Click here to set it up.
Zymol soap. Been usin it since the day I got the car.
Old 04-19-2005, 12:56 PM   #10
woobiee

Name: woobiee
Rate My Car: 2 / 340
Zaino Carwash Soap>>>>and all Zaino products (claybar, polymer wax, polisher, swirl remover, gloss enhancer)

i use stoners glass cleaner and tire shine

microcloths, terry cloths, california blade, and abosorber.

wd40 to clean and finishing engine bay.

lexol for interior stuff
Old 04-19-2005, 01:41 PM   #11
97alpM3

Name: 97alpM3
Click here to set it up.
Do we have a wash/clean/detail forum on this new thing....

Probably posted this in the wrong forum and needs to be moved...

I use that red stuff... with the BMW on the front... its good stuff... cant remember the name...

Les
Old 04-19-2005, 09:38 PM   #12
cruzin 323is

Name: cruzin 323is
Click here to set it up.
i;m with woobie on that
Old 04-19-2005, 09:47 PM   #13
EcianIce

Name: EcianIce
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: Nothing .. for now.
woobies word on car clean-ness is law!

visit his picture thread if you don't believe it. =)
Old 04-22-2005, 12:31 PM   #14
exceldetail

Name: exceldetail
Click here to set it up.
As I wrote for another car care forum.......

I thought i would start a thread entitled Proper Washing Methods. I’ve been reading some threads on other forums, its amazing how people wash there cars! So let’s get started: The first thing you would like to do is pick a shaded area, this will help in permitting water spotting later. Items you will need for this venture are : 2 buckets, car wash, sheepskin mitt or microfiber mitt/towels, waffle weave drying towel, wheel brush, hose nozzle, a safe wheel cleaner, maybe some tire cleaner. Some folks like to clean wheels first, so I won’t get into the particulars of that, its fairly easy, and basic. Apply a safe wheel cleaner, to one wheel at a time, clean with brush or suitable cleaning tool, rinse, and continue to the next. While your car is cool, and hopefully in the shade, start hosing the surface off with a high stream of water, start at the top so dirt and contaminants fall over non rinsed areas. Make sure to use a good stream to any side moldings and emblems, you will be amazed at the quantity of dirt hiding in there.
Continue to do this until the entire surface has been rinsed. Remember, top to bottom.....Next add a couple oz of car wash soap to bucket #1, and fill with water, add water to bucket #2. With the sheepskin in hand, or whatever you’ve selected to wash with, gently wipe the surface with suds from a front to back motion, again, your starting at the roof area, then trunk, then hood, then sides. Depending on your speed, and if it is warm and dry out, you may need to rinse each panel after washing, until you have completed the car. Keep your cars surface wet until you’re completely finished. When you find the need to re-dip your sheepskin in the suds, rinse it out in bucket #2, this will remove dirt and contaminants from possibly further scratching the surface. (Your going to want to make sure you have plenty of soap (lubricant) on your sheepskin all the while washing, this will help to suspend the dirt, and let it be carried off during the rinse.) Use that method throughout your washing. After the vehicle is completely finished, remove the nozzle from the hose end, and let the water exit the hose without any added pressure. Hold the hose a couple inches from the roof surface, and start at the high end of the vehicle. Chase the water across the surface with the flow exiting the hose. Run/sheet the water across the surface, and continue with the hood, and rear deck, and sides.
When all is said and done, open the hood and trunk, and let the remaining water sheet itself off while you dry the sides with a Waffle Weave drying towel. (At this point, some like to use quick detailers or Eagle One’s “Wax as u Dry”.) Start at the top, and work your way down to lower panels, refold the waffle weave as it absorbs water, a 24x30 towel is generally all that is needed. You may want to follow in your other hand with a clean and dry microfiber 16x16 towel.
You may find this technique of benefit to you, and if so, you may be able to tweak it a little to meet your specific needs. Good luck and I hope to have helped at least a few of you!
If anyone needs any additional questions answered, or some help in product selection, just PM me !

Heres some other tips.....
Old 04-26-2005, 02:38 AM   #15
bostongreen18

Name: bostongreen18
Click here to set it up.