Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer-General BMW Topics > BMW General Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

BMW General Discussion Sponsored by: AutohausAZ.com
Talk about BMWs in general. Post official news, Bangle flames, or anything else related to BMW.

Old 11-27-2007, 04:23 AM   #16
Numark318i

Name: Numark318i
Title: has an empty wallet
Location: The Only place in the world where people say "Hella"
Rate My Car: 125 / 340
Your Ride: ^^
honestly...I thought bmw was a knock off of MB in my early years. I did get an E30 M3 toy car..which I really liked back in the day...but up until the day i got my E30 i wasnt much of a BMW person.

Drove the car to and from school for 3 months and realized what a sweet car it was. I was faster then most cars under 200hp. Handled better then all of our cars at the time(cept my dads) and it saved my ass a few times.

Since then little things have motivated me to stick with em. Such as the great community behind them, the looks and styling, performance, the 330's handling and amazing DSC system(saved me more then a few times), great high mileage running..could go on. I think the more i drive my car the more i like it.

also i witnessed a BMW hit a wall at 80mph on a run, passengers where fine. That was a big thing for me. Realizing the car could kill you but was safe(passengers walked away unscaved) and then recently seeing pictures of my buddies wrecked Z3.

The aural sensations of 1st gear WOT
**CGM **(Certified Garage Mechanic)
Old 11-27-2007, 04:55 AM   #17
Dudesky

Name: Dudesky
Title: Run Far
Rate My Car: 106 / 340
Your Ride: E39 530iA
Wow (old timer chuckling) I used to own an E36, and it's a first of sorts for BMW, but it's hardly timeless IMO. It was the first to be designed on CAD, but was built with recycling in mind . . they intentionally weren't made to last that long, and thus were the most problematic cars for BMW. They were manufactured at an era when marketing trends indicated that consumers were buying new cars every few years anyhow. I'm not saying it's a shitty car because I loved mine to death. But timeless to me is the 114 (which includes the 2002), the E21, E24, and even the E30 would be considered more timeless than the E36.

Inspiration? For me, it was watching a black E21 320i cruising along the Mass Pike, windows down, and blasting Steely Dan's "Do It Again". That was almost 30yrs ago, and I still see it clear as day in my mind. Then in the 80's I was absolutely obsessed with the E24 635csi. It wouldn't be until 2005 when my love for BMWs was rekindled, and I got my hands on a '92 325i. Previous to that, I'd owned about 15 cars, and none drove like it did.

Last edited by Dudesky; 11-27-2007 at 04:57 AM..
Old 11-27-2007, 09:43 AM   #18
Rooz

Name: Rooz
Title: Upgraded Member
Rate My Car: 5 / 340
Your Ride: 2003 M5
we had a tdi 525 in europe and I mean.... "BMW, the ultimate driving machine"

Why not!

VIEW MOD LIST & PICS

I am worth $2,010,238 on HumanForSale.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg
Umnitza now provides a mechanic to install all parts ordered right in the box! It's their new "Total customer service program" that will eliminate all the haters and keep incompetents from breaking **** and blaming the vendor! When you are all set simply call INS and they will pick him up free of charge.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:45 PM   #19
denyo77

Name: denyo77
Title: Suspended License
Rate My Car: 198 / 340
Your Ride: 1988 325i Touring
well...
with me it was a different story... my car has been standing around on our driveway like forever...my bro used to drive it whenever his eta conversion project didn't start or had some other issues... he also drove it when I lived in the states...
and he really didn't take care of the car at all, unlike with his eta...
anyways, after he moved out noone used the car anymore, until I got my license
I was actually gonna sell it and buy a Smart Roadster and it wasn't until my best friend pointed out to me how great this bimmer is that I learned to like and then love it

Oh yeah, I've always been a car fan, and even back then I liked BMW a lot, but not the e30, only the newer ones...
Old 11-27-2007, 06:53 PM   #20
gold panda

Name: gold panda
Title: Member
Rate My Car: 139 / 340
Your Ride: 2004 Dinan Tuned E60 545i Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybayonne View Post
I've always loved the BMW: But then, there are the obvious reasons: Excellent German engineering, Style, Performance, Class, all = Ultimate Driving Machine!

For me, it was this, not so great movieAttachment 908, with lots of action & THE CAR!!!
That made me say, I got to get a Bimmer & a Black one, at that! Sounds silly, but that's what got the ball rolling!

http://www.ifilm.com/video/2455079 click on web address, & then click on "OK"

p.s.I know its a 7 series in the movie & I ended up with a 3 series, but you get the point!!!!
Why BMW appeals to me:

The consummate and perennial world-class benchmark sports sedan and nearly universal "standard" by which all other makes are measured against. What's that saying??? Imitation is perhaps the greatest form of flattery????

Their combination of cutting edge technologies and proven engineering know-how, coupled with advanced safety features, luxury and creature comforts.

Proven world-class performance driving attributes, whether on the track or street, yet remarkably very civil, confidence inspiring, safe, and practical as an everyday 'family' car. Lastly, a very friendly, supportive, and congenial community of fellow BMW owners worldwide. As the european tagline goes, SHEER DRIVING PLEASURE. Need we say more???
Fully loaded Dinan Signature S1 Tuned E60 545i Sports Sedan, featuring Dinan high flow intake system, Dinan free flow exhaust, Dinan high flow throttle body, Dinan Stage 3 engine management software, Dinan Stage 1 Suspension System, Dinan front camber plates, Dinan carbon fiber front & rear strut tower braces, Dinan (19") lightweight forged wheelset, Dinan/Brembo Gran Turismo (GT) slotted big brake system, Bridgestone Potenza RE050A RFT's
Old 11-28-2007, 09:22 PM   #21
K330i

Name: K330i
Title: United Newb
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 2006 330i
i was originally looking at MB (C230) and Audi (S4) but could not find one locally. so i decided to expand the search and looked at BMW 3 series. when i found a gorgeous titanium 330, i told a buddy i was going to drive it and he said, 'don't do it....if you do, you'll end up buyng it'.

well he was right.....

Old 11-28-2007, 09:43 PM   #22
nick_318is

Name: nick_318is
Rate My Car: 10 / 340
Your Ride: 1991 318is (e30 m42), 2007 Mazdaspeed 3
i think I was more or less born into it, my dad had a bavaria back in the day in 1990 (i was probably 6) he bought the 318is for my mom after that he had an e39 528i, an e46 330ci and an e46 M3, I have ridden around in it for all 17 years of its life and after about 15 years it became mine. I have also driven a Jeep Cherokee for a while before the Bimmer was mine (don't buy jeeps they suck ball sack). Now the bimmer is still my pride and joy but I have a mazdaspeed 3 as my daily. But they are awesome cars and I would like about 4 more e30s and a 1 series when they come out, guess I need to save my pennies and get rid of the mazda!
Old 11-29-2007, 03:40 AM   #23
n1smo

Name: n1smo
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 335 Coupe, Mazda3
Mazda3speed is an awesome car. I bought my Mazda3 back when it first came out but if I would have known the speed version was coming out, I might have waited. But the MZ3 is still my wife's favorite car.

I eye balled the e90 when it was first announced but was not impressed with the power but rumors of a TT engine came out so it kept me interested. When it was offically announced I knew it was only a matter of time before I picked one up. Ordered it back in Nov06, picked it up Feb07 well worth the wait.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:37 AM   #24
denyo77

Name: denyo77
Rate My Car: 198 / 340
Your Ride: 1988 325i Touring
and your car really looks awesome, I'm admiring the pics right now
Old 12-25-2007, 06:38 AM   #25
PlatinumAssassin

Name: PlatinumAssassin
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1998 328i
My brother bought an e30 318is which he left in the garage after messing with the suspension a bit. This car then became my first car and I never looked back.
Old 12-26-2007, 03:50 PM   #26
MSheraz86

Name: MSheraz86
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 318i (2003)
Never knew a BMW until I saw one in Tomorrow Never Dies (James Bond movie). That's when the spark of interest got lit up. The confirmation came from BMW M3 (E46) a true beauty! E46 4 Life for me

The looks was first of the car, the status is next and well the interior and engineering of the car was secondary to the looks. Status is last but yet still important.

I know I got a 3-Series and not an M3 but I got my eyes on a BMW 325i next and then a BMW M3 CSL for which i'll ensure I have a garage because that'll be my most prestigous car which I cannot allow to get dirty, etc .
Old 12-26-2007, 04:30 PM   #27
compactdisc

Name: compactdisc
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 93' 325is
getting on the forums when i was lookin into selling my jeep and getting a coupe of some sort and looking at all the pictures of the amazing looking e36's, that pretty much made up my mind, so i saved up and bought one
Old 12-26-2007, 07:18 PM   #28
johnnybayonne

Name: johnnybayonne
Rate My Car: 254 / 340
Your Ride: 1997 328i
Re: Dudesky, I used to own an E36, and it's a first of sorts for BMW, but it's hardly timeless IMO, they intentionally weren't made to last that long, and thus were the most problematic cars for BMW:

What 215BIMMER is referring to, is the e36's Body style & lines & the fact that the car still looks good after 10 years!!! My e36 is ten years old & drives like a new car, most people can't believe it is infact 10 years old!!! As far as problematic, never had any problems with my e36!!! So I think this is what 215BIMMER means when he says TIMELESS. As for the 114 (which includes the 2002), the E21, E24, to me these are classics!!! IMO!!!

johnnybayonne,
Old 12-26-2007, 07:59 PM   #29
215BIMMER535

Name: 215BIMMER535
Title: Member
Rate My Car: 123 / 340
Your Ride: '97 328i
well put johnny and that IS what i meant. the simple fact that these cars dont look "dated" the way you can always tell a 70's or 60's car. people surprise me all the time thinking that my car cant possibly be more than a couple years old, when its just over 11
Old 12-27-2007, 02:22 PM   #30
CAPiTUL

Name: CAPiTUL
Title: Senior Member
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 98 328i
I'm similar to mullet: owning my BMW has inspired me to buy another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybayonne View Post
What 215BIMMER is referring to, is the e36's Body style & lines & the fact that the car still looks good after 10 years!!! My e36 is ten years old & drives like a new car, most people can't believe it is infact 10 years old!!!
johnnybayonne,
I will humbly disagree. The E36 looks like an early to mid-90s automobile, which is precisely what it is. still looks good, yes, but it isn't timeless. E46 is more timeless then the 36, IMO.
When I was a kid, we had the Atari 2600 with games like Space Invaders and Asteroids! There were no multiple levels or screens, it was just one screen forever! And you could never win. The game just kept getting harder and harder and faster and faster until you died! .... Just like LIFE!

http://www.aftermarketcity.net/forum/
The BEST online directory for your car needs!

ユナイテドビーマーはいいですよ!