Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer-General BMW Topics > BMW General Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

BMW General Discussion Sponsored by: AutohausAZ.com
Talk about BMWs in general. Post official news, Bangle flames, or anything else related to BMW.

Old 12-08-2007, 06:37 PM   #91
Scarecrow

Name: Scarecrow
Title: United Newb
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1996 M3 evolution cabriolet
E30's are fun cars, dont go for anything less than a 325i sport with ORIGINAL M tec equipment. You will always be wanting one if you get a lesser engine! If you really want some serious power then get a E36 M3, thing is after owning one you will not want to get anything less again! Jap cars are ok, but they dont have the same feel as a BMW.
Old 12-08-2007, 07:15 PM   #92
craig

Name: craig
Title: Sitting in Time out
Click here to set it up.
you know what i recomend? a bug. that right, i said it. a BUG. bugs are just about the easiest and most fun things to work on and drive. they are a blast. altho, i wouldnt be cought dead in a stock vw bug. check this out

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifie....php?id=539690

thats one kick ass bug. you know why i like bugs? you dont really see them anymore, and when you do they are always beat up and nasty looking. when you drive a loud and fast v-dub, people are going to notice. infact, my dad was talking to someone at a truck stop and he told him that im getting a new bug. well, he wants to come over when i get it to take a look at it. and you know whats crazy? hes not the only one that wants to. theres a guy in town that owns a super nice 60's bug, and he told me to stop by when i get it. and if you tell me they are slow, im going to punch you. lol. the original engines were slow as hell, but pop a 90HP subaru motor in it(easy swap) and it haul ass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJV91gQvvwo

that one has a beefed up v-dub motor it it. just think about it. i know everyone here dosnt love the bugs like i do, but i thought it was worth a try. haha.
Old 12-08-2007, 10:14 PM   #93
MTurboPower3

Name: MTurboPower3
Title: Senior Member
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: Dont have a car yet
yea but beetle's aren't really my style I never really liked them. I was also thinking about an 8 series, but thier rare and expensive as hell to repair and keep them up to date.
Old 12-08-2007, 10:23 PM   #94
Numark318i

Name: Numark318i
Title: has an empty wallet
Location: The Only place in the world where people say "Hella"
Rate My Car: 125 / 340
Your Ride: ^^
bah no bug.

You want space to haul people around. 328 ftw.

lol
whats your price range again? maybe an E39 525?

The aural sensations of 1st gear WOT
**CGM **(Certified Garage Mechanic)
Old 12-08-2007, 10:54 PM   #95
craig

Name: craig
Title: Sitting in Time out
Click here to set it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTurboPower3 View Post
yea but beetle's aren't really my style I never really liked them. I was also thinking about an 8 series, but thier rare and expensive as hell to repair and keep them up to date.
yeah thats what i figured. haha. most people dont like them. and as far as the 8's go, if you get an 840 and not an 850 you might be able to pull it off. check around ebay and see if there are any on there.
Old 12-09-2007, 05:44 AM   #96
denyo77

Name: denyo77
Title: Suspended License
Rate My Car: 198 / 340
Your Ride: 1988 325i Touring
how about if MTP3 would finally tell us his average annual budget for the car
(fuel, insurance, maintenance)
Old 12-09-2007, 11:27 AM   #97
MTurboPower3

Name: MTurboPower3
Title: Senior Member
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: Dont have a car yet
I have no idea what my annual budget is. But I seriously doubt I would be able to get an 8series and fill it with gas every 30 miles.
Old 12-09-2007, 03:02 PM   #98
brien4787

Name: brien4787
Title: DelTaco
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: e36
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTurboPower3 View Post
I'm not going to say i'm responisble, I think that you're only as responsible as the car is . If it has a lot of power, you can't help but go fast. But I think I can handle any car that has up to 500hp after that I will kill my self.
No offense or anything, but that was the dumbest shit I have heard.
Old 12-15-2007, 06:43 AM   #99
estpaul

Name: estpaul
Title: United Newb
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1996 316i compact
Exclamation

if you really want a nice car, try like a 320 323 or 325 e36, e30s are great fun but a rare find for one that is in immaculate condition, inside and out. but dont buy a tuned up car because you know that whoever modifyd(talking about bodykits and exausts so big its storage for a bowling ball) the car is most likely younger and didnt know how to drive it, example wearing out the clutch, or doing handbrake turns everyday messing up the brakes, wheels alignment or who knows what else.

what im trying to say is buy something that is completly stock and build it yourself, youll fall in love with the car and get to know it better than if you buy it modifyd. plus when you really get to feel a car, knowing how it will react if you throw it into a tight bend, and knowing how to take the corner with your car, knowing the cars and your limit,is the best feeling ever, and that makes you a good driver.

hope i cleared some clouded skys.