Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer- Off Topic > United Off Topic  **FOR MEMBERS ONLY** > War and Politics   
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

War and Politics    Discuss the latest in the War on Terrorism and the Political Arena. Remember, the war is against terrorists, not fellow UB members, no "Flames" allowed.

Old 09-28-2007, 02:21 PM   #1
Chris

Name: Chris
Title: Visiting Mod
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: Whatever I can get my hands on
One More reason Liberals are ruining our military

Ya know what I found out today? I found out that I can not get a tattoo of Rosie the Riveter in a Navy Uniform! WHAT THE FUCK? The Navy's reasoning is that tattoo's of women are sexist and degrading and aren't considered proper for a man in uniform to have. I'm sorry, but fuck that shit. Rosie the Riveter is one of the Most American and Most Patriotic Symbols America Has, and now you're telling me to be patriotic and defend america, but i can not have a tattoo of THE symbol of American Patriotism during WWII? I mean hell. I'd Understand a rule against naked women (no I wouldn't, but i'd not be as upset about it), and I Understand the whole non gang related tattoo's. But what really Tee's me off is that not only can I not get a picture of Rosie the Riveter tattooed on me, but I also can't have tattoo's depicting drug or alcohol use (tobacco = drug in this case). WHICH MEANS,nthat even if I were allowed to get a Rosie the Riveter Tattoo, she couldn't be seen smoking a cigarrette.

Ya know, the Navy always talks about holding onto its traditions (Mostly when they address complaints about how Navy uniforms make sailor's look like pussies and we need to catch up to the times, but then they turn around and pull a stunt like this. Whether they like it or not, Tattoo's, booze, alcohol and women are a navy traditions, and who cares if the public perceives us as a little rough around the edges. Cause lets face it, ANYONE who VOLUNTEERS to go to war and die, is going to be a little rough around the edges. And personally, The best Soldiers/sailors/marines ARE going to be rough around the edges, cause the better you are at taking human lives, the more detached from society you're going to become anyways. [B]If you are a civilian that wants their military to be well rounded and present a well behaved image, then go to France and eat some cheese to go with your whine. Otherwise, Sit down, Shut up, and the only thing we need to hear from you is "Thank you For Your Service."

Nuke (n): a large firework that makes pretty lights and large lakes out of annoying countries.
You have three choices, stand behind our troops, grab a gun and toe the line with our troops, or stand in front of them, they can use the extra armor.
Old 09-28-2007, 05:15 PM   #2
elsabor67

Name: elsabor67
Title: Senior Member
Rate My Car: 35 / 340
Your Ride: 1989 325i (U.S. Specs)
+12 Man. I had to deal with the "Army of One" for a while and that is a pain in the rear. No teamwork whatsoever. Thank God I have a close knit team that works with me.

How do I spell relief??
AUTOBAHNNNNNNNNN
"GO FASTER !!"
Old 09-28-2007, 05:30 PM   #3
drz

Name: drz
Title: local dumbass
Rate My Car: 34 / 340
Your Ride: E36 2.8i
So wouldn't it be the conservatives (as opposed to the liberals) that go against teh womenz and booze tattoos? (just asking, not saying you're wrong).
Old 09-28-2007, 11:16 PM   #4
xsperf

Name: xsperf
Title: United Baller
Rate My Car: 185 / 340
Your Ride: 95 325is
i thought you didnt get into the navy anyway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1apton
I keep forgetting that - I have a great memory but it doesn't last long

CRS disease = Can't Remeber Shit
Old 09-29-2007, 05:50 AM   #5
Chris

Click here to set it up.
Oh, guess i shoulda posted in lounge too. My lawyer > Navy medical regulations. Enough said.

Nuke (n): a large firework that makes pretty lights and large lakes out of annoying countries.
You have three choices, stand behind our troops, grab a gun and toe the line with our troops, or stand in front of them, they can use the extra armor.
Old 09-29-2007, 05:52 AM   #6
Chris

Click here to set it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drz View Post
So wouldn't it be the conservatives (as opposed to the liberals) that go against teh womenz and booze tattoos? (just asking, not saying you're wrong).
I was more referring to the liberals and their ultra-politically-correct till-you-gouge-your-eyes-out-with-a-spoon attitude.