Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer- Off Topic > United Off Topic  **FOR MEMBERS ONLY**
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

United Off Topic  **FOR MEMBERS ONLY** Chat about whatever! Off-topic chat forum. (Be sure to appropriately title posts that are NWS) You must be registred and logged in to see sub-forums

Old 09-08-2007, 02:28 AM   #1
brien4787

Name: brien4787
Title: DelTaco
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: e36
might get a scion

i have not been here for a while...
i have been looking up a few parts online and seeing if anyone has some used stuff to sell...

i am looking for a front window switch, ideas on what to do with my hood( either repaint, or replace since the paint is starting to go since something got on there and baked the paint(not even a detailer could buff the stuff off on the first detail..), and one of those plastic plugs to plug up the jack holes in the side skirt. Also trying to figure out if i can replace the fabric that start to tear that is on the sunroof.

all this because i think i am going to try to sell my car for a few grand and get something more practical for now.... college student, not much excess money(non that i really want to put into a car at least). i might get a lightly used scion xb... they are way cheap, and other than monthly payments, would be way cheaper for me. i also want to have a car that has some room in it to throw my bikes in it. i dont need a bmw when i am in college... that will be in a few years

not sure why i started this thread anymore...
i love my car, but i think it MIGHT be time to say good bye for a few years

its a 95 318, 165k or so... i think i could get a couple grand, and use that as a down payment on a cheap scion xb.

it wont be the same, but i think it might be the best idea for now...

hello to you... i wonder if some of the same people browse these forums....
Old 09-08-2007, 04:25 AM   #2
Dudesky

Name: Dudesky
Title: Run Far
Rate My Car: 106 / 340
Your Ride: E39 530iA
Good to see you back, some of us diehards are still around.

I dunno . . do you have payments left on the 318? Seems like keeping it and running it to the ground might be cheaper than making payments on a new car? Unless you're really going through that "one thing after another breaking down" scenario, at 165k. Just saying because making payments suck, no matter how small- especially for a college student. On the other hand, the cargo room factor is a big plus. And you can't go wrong with a Scion/Toyota.

If you decide to keep the 318, I got a Thule base rack I'm selling off that'll fit it, but I think you bought one already?

Just for kicks . . .
Old 09-08-2007, 04:30 AM   #3
Chris

Name: Chris
Title: Visiting Mod
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: Whatever I can get my hands on
^^^^^^^^^

Thats how I roll :drive

Nuke (n): a large firework that makes pretty lights and large lakes out of annoying countries.
You have three choices, stand behind our troops, grab a gun and toe the line with our troops, or stand in front of them, they can use the extra armor.
Old 09-08-2007, 07:46 AM   #4
Linds

Name: Linds
Title: Senior Member
Rate My Car: 70 / 340
Your Ride: 97 M3
I think I'm gonna be having to get rid of mine soon, too.

A degree in Sociology and owning a BMW isn't a good mix right now, lol.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:16 AM   #5
drz

Name: drz
Title: local dumbass
Rate My Car: 34 / 340
Your Ride: E36 2.8i
Linds, if you're selling, be sure to lemme know

Last edited by drz; 09-08-2007 at 10:17 AM..
Old 09-08-2007, 11:52 AM   #6
Linds

Umm, I changed my mind, lol. I can't do it. I test drove a Jeep today cause I thought I should get something I could drive in the winter...ugh, hated it. I can't sell the ///M, just can't do it.

Honestly though, if I was in Brien's shoes, I'd probably go the route he wants to go.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:27 PM   #7
witeshark

Name: witeshark
Title: Suspended License
Rate My Car: 84 / 340
Your Ride: 89 325i 5 speed
What Jeep did you test?
Old 09-08-2007, 02:24 PM   #8
brien4787

Name: brien4787
Title: DelTaco
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: e36
No, it isn't giving me problems very very often... It is just every once in a while. But I go to school in Pomona, which is not the greatest place in the world, depending on where you are. The other day, when going to work (thankfully I am still in Summer and my parents live in South Orange County), I went to put my window down and it went really really slow and seemed really tweaked. I went to put it back up and it was stuck and seemed bent. Went back home, dropped my car off at the mechanic... basically it was just bushing for the window regulator. The regulator itself was bent up, but was able to be bent back into shape. Just that cost 160 or so...

I really can't afford to have little things like that happen every once in a while when I am not around my parents place... I rely on them quite a bit for when my car gets broken... They usually let me use one of their cars if mine is in the shop for the day...

And I just have a trunk rack... if I decide to keep the bmw, how much would you ship it to me for?

PS... the new mazda3 grand touring with leather and manual tranny seem sweet..... but that is too much for me anyways =p

Last edited by brien4787; 09-08-2007 at 02:25 PM..
Old 09-08-2007, 04:45 PM   #9
Linds

Quote:
Originally Posted by witeshark
What Jeep did you test?
Wrangler

I totally understand not being able to keep up with all the little problems. They add up quick, not to mention the tickets...maybe that's just me, haha. Silly cops, 81 in a 55 really isn't that fast.
Old 09-08-2007, 07:33 PM   #10
MTurboPower3

Name: MTurboPower3
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: Dont have a car yet
I think you should get a used bimmer or somthing else. Scions are not worth the price.
Old 09-09-2007, 12:15 AM   #11
drz

Scions are a great value for the money. He already has a used bimmer. He is trying to stay away from that. BMWs are not cheap to maintain.
Old 09-09-2007, 08:08 AM   #12
xsperf

Name: xsperf
Title: United Baller
Rate My Car: 185 / 340
Your Ride: 95 325is
Quote:
Originally Posted by drz
Scions are a great value for the money. He already has a used bimmer. He is trying to stay away from that. BMWs are not cheap to maintain.
of course DRZ, he is merely a kid who has no idea what he speaks about. although it is nice to see he has a passion for BMWs, sometimes it is a bit unreasonable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1apton
I keep forgetting that - I have a great memory but it doesn't last long

CRS disease = Can't Remeber Shit
Old 09-09-2007, 04:39 PM   #13
drz

Tru dat.
Old 09-09-2007, 11:13 PM   #14
94bmw325i

Name: 94bmw325i
Title: Hellrot325
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 94 bmw 325i, 97 vw golf
dudesky your selling the bike rack that was on your e36? if brien doesnt want it I would be VERY interested, I dont want to always put my bike in the trunk of my VW, as my dad drives that car sometimes too.
Old 09-10-2007, 05:33 AM   #15
Dudesky

Name: Dudesky
Title: Run Far
Rate My Car: 106 / 340
Your Ride: E39 530iA
Quote:
Originally Posted by brien4787
And I just have a trunk rack... if I decide to keep the bmw, how much would you ship it to me for?
I probably shouldn't have said anything about this as I'm still kind of on the fence about selling it. The problem is that I would need a new fit kit to make it work on my 530, but that fit kit uses an arm that grabs the door opening. There is another Thule base rack that works better with the 5 series which isn't so unsightly and won't leave marks. So the question for me is: $50 for an ugly fit kit, or $200 for a new base rack? I think I need another day or two to answer this, but you probably need another day or two at least to figure out if you're keeping the 318 anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94bmw325i
dudesky your selling the bike rack that was on your e36? if brien doesnt want it I would be VERY interested, I dont want to always put my bike in the trunk of my VW, as my dad drives that car sometimes too.
Sorry, I won't sell it to anyone unless they drive an e36 saloon. The load bars were custom cut to fit the 3 series, and I can't guarantee they'll fit on anthing else.