Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer- Model Categories > E36
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

E36 General discussion and technical help for (E36) 1992-1999 3 series cars. 318, 323, 325, 328.

Old 08-24-2007, 01:27 AM   #1
maximk2

Name: maximk2
Title: Member
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1993 325i
M3 Stage 1 Clutch + Lightweight flywheel on 325i

It took me a month to put it in, but i (kind of) did it!
only there were spare parts left after i put everything back together.
but it was nothing important- just some transmission bolts.

Anyway, i put everything back together, and after having just about everything go wrong with the putting it back together part (from exhaust not wanting to go on to shifter being "inversed", which took me a while to figure out.

BASICALLY, with the lightweight flywheel and straight pipe exhaust, the car reminds me of my buddy's integra. The clutch feels a lot sportier, but i haven't really had a chance to use it hard, because of the 500km your supposed to break it in for. The car sounds rice-rockety with the resonators and cats removed, and the engine revs up a considerable amount quicker.

PROBLEM:

when clutch released and engine running, there is a ticking sound coming from transmission. when clutch pressed sound disappears.
it is definitely coming from the transmission. would anybody know what that sound can be, and how f'd i am?

Also on my "maiden" voyage with the new clutch i had a rad hose come off the plastic radiator thingy. It sucks. Happened on a highway too. Lucky i found a hose in the area to fill the rad back up after shoving the hose back on.

I am definetely working on the car tomorrow, putting in an extra exhaust holder i forgot about as well as trying to figure out where exactly the annoying ticking is coming from, but for now.

PS- I will write a full review on the clutch when I break it in and do some racing with it.
Old 08-24-2007, 04:27 PM   #2
dinan540

Name: dinan540
Title: Upgraded Member
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
the light weight flywheel will rattle when the clutch isn't depressed. It is annoying when sitting at lights and the rattle can be very loud, but it is so worth it. I have the dinan lightened fly wheel and clutch kit and the car revs way faster. Now, all I need is the LSD to get off the line that much faster!

540i with some mods