Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer- Off Topic > United Off Topic  **FOR MEMBERS ONLY** > War and Politics   
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

War and Politics    Discuss the latest in the War on Terrorism and the Political Arena. Remember, the war is against terrorists, not fellow UB members, no "Flames" allowed.

Old 08-05-2007, 04:10 AM   #1
scooter

Name: scooter
Title: Administrator
Rate My Car: 295 / 340
Your Ride: 99m3
Iran, what to do??

with the nuclear aspirations of a lunatic regime and the danger they pose to the rest of the world as well as the fact that they are probably the single biggest supporters of global anti US terrorism what should America do? add the Iraq ongoing debacle into the mix and the ongoing fight against al queda are we stretched too thin? can we afford to take a sit and wait approach? should we invade yet again?
Old 08-05-2007, 04:29 AM   #2
craig

Name: craig
Title: Sitting in Time out
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
as far as im concerned, i dont beleive they are too big of a threat at the moment. they are only inriching the uranium at 3-6%, 90% or more is bobm level. im not sure if they are even capable of enrich at that level. i would be more woried about south korea. they have admited to enriching a small amount of uranium to 85%. thats close. altho i beleive that south koria has agreed to shut down the plants. not sure tho. either way, i dont think iran is too big of a deal yet. it could be a possability further down the road.
Old 08-05-2007, 08:46 AM   #3
witeshark

Name: witeshark
Title: Suspended License
Rate My Car: 84 / 340
Your Ride: 89 325i 5 speed
I don't think we really have to at this point. The internal problems of Iran are almost stunning, and will keep the regime very busy for quite a while
Old 08-05-2007, 10:14 AM   #4
celsdogg

Name: celsdogg
Title: never gonna happen
Rate My Car: 131 / 340
Your Ride: BMW E30, Subaru BE, Cannondale M400
craig, do we mean north korea?
Old 08-05-2007, 12:46 PM   #5
Rooz

Name: Rooz
Title: Upgraded Member
Rate My Car: 5 / 340
Your Ride: 2003 M5
Iran's biggest problem is that the leader is just a puppet, that's what happens when religion and governments gets mixed. The so called "spiritual leaders" of the country rule everything and what they say goes now questions asked.
If Anything will help Iran get back to what it used to be before England implanted "Ruhollah Khomeini" in it, it won't be the same tactics that were used in Iraq, the people of Iran are good, but they have been held captive in a way by fear. The only thing that will help Iran is an internal revolution.

VIEW MOD LIST & PICS

I am worth $2,010,238 on HumanForSale.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg
Umnitza now provides a mechanic to install all parts ordered right in the box! It's their new "Total customer service program" that will eliminate all the haters and keep incompetents from breaking **** and blaming the vendor! When you are all set simply call INS and they will pick him up free of charge.
Old 08-05-2007, 03:32 PM   #6
denyo77

Name: denyo77
Rate My Car: 198 / 340
Your Ride: 1988 325i Touring
agree, Iranians are really nice people. I know a few personally.
And as Iraq has proven, the old methods used by President Bush are really inefficient and don't work out, either. They have to try out something called DIPLOMACY if they don't want to kill more GIs in another useless war.
Old 08-05-2007, 04:24 PM   #7
RSF5

Name: RSF5
Title: Leave that out of this.
Rate My Car: 278 / 340
Your Ride: NOOTHHHIIIINNG
Quote:
Originally Posted by celsdogg
craig, do we mean north korea?
Yeah I think he means North Korea.
Old 08-05-2007, 04:55 PM   #8
scooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSF5
Yeah I think he means North Korea.
no i dont, n. korea is on a tight and very short lease it would appear, i dont think its a given fact they support and fund anti US terorrists either.
Old 08-05-2007, 08:41 PM   #9
Chris

Name: Chris
Title: Visiting Mod
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: Whatever I can get my hands on
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooz
The only thing that will help Iran is an internal revolution.

It won't be the first time that we've paid one bad guy to supply big guns to good people to take out another bad guy.

Quote:
The reason I'll be released is the same reason you think I'll be convicted. I *do* rub shoulders with some of the most vile, sadistic men calling themselves leaders today. But some of these men are the enemies of *your* enemies. And while the biggest arms dealer in the world is your boss - the President of the United States, who ships more merchandise in a day than I do in a year - sometimes it's embarrassing to have his fingerprints on the guns. Sometimes he needs a freelancer like me to supply forces he can't be seen supplying. So. You call me evil, but unfortunately for you, I'm a necessary evil.
- Yuri Orloov (Lord of war, based on actual events)

For good information on this topic, check out Lord of War with Nicholas Cage. Its based on actual events. Yuri Orlov is actually a guy by the name of Viktor Bout wiki him and you'll be amazed at who he's supplied weapons to.

Nuke (n): a large firework that makes pretty lights and large lakes out of annoying countries.
You have three choices, stand behind our troops, grab a gun and toe the line with our troops, or stand in front of them, they can use the extra armor.
Old 08-05-2007, 10:17 PM   #10
MTurboPower3

Name: MTurboPower3
Title: Senior Member
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: Dont have a car yet
I saw it, I don't think its too realistic the movie is based on a true story but I don't think he sold weapons to Afghanistan. We don't need to do anything about Iran right now the first thing we need to is pull out of the middle east then things will calm down, then we need to do is get a new president, because half of the middle east has beef with the bush family that's why their threating us.
Old 08-05-2007, 10:30 PM   #11
Chris

Name: Chris
Title: Visiting Mod
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: Whatever I can get my hands on
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTurboPower3
I saw it, I don't think its too realistic the movie is based on a true story but I don't think he sold weapons to Afghanistan. .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia "Viktor Bout"
Viktor Bout is still at large and dealing arms. Bout only became a high priority for international authorities when his African arms dealings became very prominent. His criminal profile in the public eye reached a high-water mark with the September 11, 2001, attacks on the World Trade Center and Pentagon. Bout supplied weapons to the Taliban, which has close ties to al-Qaeda. This placed Bout on a top-priority list for U.S. officials.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viktor_Bout

Nuke (n): a large firework that makes pretty lights and large lakes out of annoying countries.
You have three choices, stand behind our troops, grab a gun and toe the line with our troops, or stand in front of them, they can use the extra armor.
Old 08-05-2007, 11:38 PM   #12
RSF5

Name: RSF5
Title: Leave that out of this.
Rate My Car: 278 / 340
Your Ride: NOOTHHHIIIINNG
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter
no i dont, n. korea is on a tight and very short lease it would appear, i dont think its a given fact they support and fund anti US terorrists either.
I mean that Craig meant N. Korea
Old 08-06-2007, 05:12 AM   #13
scooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSF5
I mean that Craig meant N. Korea
sorry about that, i fudged it.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:15 PM   #14
denyo77

Name: denyo77
Rate My Car: 198 / 340
Your Ride: 1988 325i Touring
I love Lord of War, it's one of the best and most interesting movies.
A must-see
Old 08-06-2007, 05:09 PM   #15
CroCop>

Name: CroCop>
Title: Member
Rate My Car: 322 / 340
Your Ride: 1996 328i
iran invasion = world war 3