Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer- Off Topic > United Off Topic  **FOR MEMBERS ONLY** > War and Politics   
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

War and Politics    Discuss the latest in the War on Terrorism and the Political Arena. Remember, the war is against terrorists, not fellow UB members, no "Flames" allowed.

Old 08-01-2007, 11:59 PM   #1
Chris

Name: Chris
Title: Visiting Mod
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: Whatever I can get my hands on
Political Forum Rules

[b]1. For the most part, this forums should go unmoderated. To moderate this would require god himself to be the moderator,, but even that wouldn't be without bias. It is therefore up to those who post here (THIS MEANS YOU TOO!) to moderate it. But if things get out of hand the thread will be locked, and someone creating a mirror thread would be punished.

2. Keep things civilized.
Actually, this goes for the entire site. If you're going to read the threads in here or post in them, you do so with the understanding that in any arena, politics is a touchy subject. It is your responsibility to yourself and to your fellow members to keep any beef you have in here IN HERE! letting fueds and bashing spread to other parts of this forum will NOT be tolerated, and will be dealt with swiftly and accordingly.

3. Flaming, bashing and unintelligent speech. United Bimmer and its members prides it/themselves with the fact that we don't flame or bash, and we don't tolerate those who do. We also like to support intelligent conversation, so plain-old stupid comments will be indisciminantly deleted without explaination. An example of this is "OMG STFU UR SO FRICKIN RETARDED GO DIG A HOLE IN THE DESERT AND DIE OR SOMETHING." Not tolerated, will be deleted, and if your comments continue, expect disciplinary action.

4. And this is the MOST important one. It is okay to criticize an idea, an action, a political decision, a political figure, but it is NOT okay to criticize an actual person on this forum. You May not agree with a comment that user JohnSmith made, and that is fine, you can criticize his idea, or his point of view, but criticizing him will quickly find you on the wrong end of a heavy hand.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Additionally, I've been offered the chance to moderate this subforum, and I myself have some reservations about playing with politics, but as long as these five simple rules are abided by, things should go relatively smoothly.

I also believe that moderators should remain as nuetral as possible, so I'm going to attempt to stay as out of the conversations as possible, while still makingmy presence known. If anyone feels that I ever step over the line, please feel free to PM me, and put me in my place (over there in that corner).

Nuke (n): a large firework that makes pretty lights and large lakes out of annoying countries.
You have three choices, stand behind our troops, grab a gun and toe the line with our troops, or stand in front of them, they can use the extra armor.