Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer- Off Topic > United Off Topic  **FOR MEMBERS ONLY** > War and Politics   
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

War and Politics    Discuss the latest in the War on Terrorism and the Political Arena. Remember, the war is against terrorists, not fellow UB members, no "Flames" allowed.

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 09:16 PM   #46
celsdogg

Name: celsdogg
Title: never gonna happen
Rate My Car: 131 / 340
Your Ride: BMW E30, Subaru BE, Cannondale M400
i am personally no longer enjoying the forums as of the past couple of days.

it is easy for these n00bs to say that losing anybody (in reference to C1) is no loss at all. but since they new admins and mods are n00bs to ub.c, they do not what has been lost in c1 and the other members that have left.

more to say, but i'll keep it to myself, for now. maybe forever, because i'll probably be suspended after this post. its like not being allowed to talk in my own home, then being barred from ever coming back. one last thing, last week harmony wise among members we were in good shape. . .

amanda, i will stick around for awhile, but will probably be a bit silent until i feel comfortable enough to continue as before. . .

Old 08-01-2007, 09:46 PM   #47
mullethunter3

Name: mullethunter3
Title: Upgraded Member
Rate My Car: 156 / 340
Your Ride: 318is, Suzuki GS500
Quote:
Originally Posted by celsdogg
amanda, i will stick around for awhile, but will probably be a bit silent until i feel comfortable enough to continue as before. . .
That's fine. Some older members have PM'd me about doing the same. Nick, whenever your "suspension" is up, I'd hope you do the same. Let me know.

Old 08-01-2007, 10:06 PM   #48
xsperf

Name: xsperf
Title: United Baller
Rate My Car: 185 / 340
Your Ride: 95 325is
I was really seriously considering packing my bags as well; however, after amanda posted here ive decided to stick around for another week or so to see how things turn out, and speaking of change, if it doesnt CHANGE from its current status, then im on my way out

you suspended nick? really thats just pathetic, you may be good at running BF.C where you have so many idiots there that they need to be suspended but this isnt bf.c , and if you ask any member here, no one wants this to be like bf.c, if we wanted bf.c we would have went there

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1apton
I keep forgetting that - I have a great memory but it doesn't last long

CRS disease = Can't Remeber Shit

Old 08-01-2007, 11:06 PM   #49
RSF5

Name: RSF5
Title: Leave that out of this.
Rate My Car: 278 / 340
Your Ride: NOOTHHHIIIINNG
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsperf
you suspended nick? really thats just pathetic, you may be good at running BF.C where you have so many idiots there that they need to be suspended but this isnt bf.c , and if you ask any member here, no one wants this to be like bf.c, if we wanted bf.c we would have went there
Yeah why the hell was nick suspended? Un-suspend nick.

I'm with xsperf on this.

Old 08-01-2007, 11:26 PM   #50
94bmw325i

Name: 94bmw325i
Title: Hellrot325
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 94 bmw 325i, 97 vw golf
because that dude cant take any negativity it seems like. I dont know anymore about this place....

Old 08-02-2007, 01:17 AM   #51
scooter

Name: scooter
Title: Administrator
Rate My Car: 295 / 340
Your Ride: 99m3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSF5
Yeah why the hell was nick suspended? Un-suspend nick.

I'm with xsperf on this.
Nick was suspended because of a personal attack and name calling, i took the time and sent him a pm to outline and remind him it was wrong, once he decided to ignore my request and spam the board he was placed on the sidelines, again i would like to stress to all of you that being polite and respectful will go a long way, personal attacks directed at other members or staff will not be tolerated.

fair criticism, suggestions as well as complaints are fine and welcomed as long as they are kept CLEAN, flames and bashing however are not, we are trying to promote this site to some well respected names some of which are already here and some who are contemplating joining soon, this is not the side of UB we want to showcase.

Old 08-02-2007, 03:37 AM   #52
Chris

Name: Chris
Title: Visiting Mod
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: Whatever I can get my hands on
Okay guys

Okay guys, look. We can all be reasonable people here. so we can admit, comments were made that shouldn't have been made by multiple people. Sucks, but you can't take it back once it leaves your mouth.

So the reasonable solution to this fighting is that I have been brought in with Rooz'z and Scooters blessing, to moderate this forum. Why me? well, because I don't support the political forum, and I've promised to keep out of the conversations as much as possible, so things should be better moderated than if one of the new mods who is pro-politcal forum was moderating it.

The mods all understand that there are changes going on here and a lot of people don't like them, I was the same way until I got a little sneak peak into the grand scheme of things, and believe it or not, Rooz, and Witeshark, and mullett and myself as well as other non moderators (who won't be named) all have direct input into the changes that are forecasted. We like the feel here, and we're by no means looking to change UB for the worst. We're still striving for that close-knit community feel, just on a larger scale. Superforums sized scale? No. But we're looking to grow.

The only thing that we can ask of each other is that everyone just be reasonable and level-headed here during the transition. If you feel that something's being done that will absolutely devastate the community, PM us privately, and we'll talk reasonably about it.

I understand that the established members and the new mods have rubbed each other the wrong way in teh last couple days, and we're working on it. The new moderators.... all the new moderators, per suggestion, have agreed to step back and observe for the next week or so to get a feel for how we like our forums, and then they'll slowly re-insert themselves into the forums once they get their feet wet.

This thread is being closed, because its petty. The short of it is that its an optional forum, and if you don't want to take part, then don't take part. If you do choose to take part, or even just come in to read, you'll be held accountable for the four simple rules this sub-forum has, whether you've read them or not..... So I suggest you go read them,

Anyways, I'm off to bed, but if anyone has anything they need to talk about, send me a PM and i'll get back to you in the morning.

Nuke (n): a large firework that makes pretty lights and large lakes out of annoying countries.
You have three choices, stand behind our troops, grab a gun and toe the line with our troops, or stand in front of them, they can use the extra armor.

Old 08-02-2007, 04:13 AM   #53
scooter

Name: scooter
Title: Administrator
Rate My Car: 295 / 340
Your Ride: 99m3
i would also like to add that as we grow in both traffic and membership my plan was to have an "old timer" section on the forum visible only to the core and hard core users giving you a place you can hang out and shoot the shit with old friends without the influx of newbs, while we may not be able to keep the small town feel all over the place we can at least keep it in one place. your input will be both encourged and welcomed, there are many other "plots" in the works and announcements will follow.

i can assure you that i have your interest at heart, all we ask for is a little patience and some cooperation. i have been here a very long time and have a pretty good feel for this community and what its all about.

Closed Thread