Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer- Off Topic > United Off Topic  **FOR MEMBERS ONLY** > War and Politics   
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

War and Politics    Discuss the latest in the War on Terrorism and the Political Arena. Remember, the war is against terrorists, not fellow UB members, no "Flames" allowed.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2007, 02:23 PM   #31
drz

Name: drz
Title: local dumbass
Status: Offline
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Rate My Car: 34 / 340
Your Ride: E36 2.8i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linds
You got a refund???
I literally laughed out loud when I read this -- :

I did. It took a month and ahalf (or so) of harassing Harry here, through email, Paypal, and his blog, but I eventually got my money.

I've been here since the beginning. User ID # 32.

So long UB.

/emoness

/UBLife (tentatively -- and, yes, I added this as an edit)
 
Old 07-31-2007, 02:37 PM   #32
scooter
 
scooter's Avatar

Name: scooter
Title: Administrator
Status: Offline
Join Date: May 2005
Location: US of A
Rate My Car: 295 / 340
Your Ride: 99m3
Quote:
Originally Posted by drz
Wonderful. I love it. This is what we needed at unitedbimmer.com -- an oligarchy. Wonderful.

Why did I know we would get the "we want to funnel all these threads into one spot so we don't have to moderate the lounge as much" response?

Just as [not] surprising is the noble offer to ignore the politics sub-forum. Oh geez, thank you so very freakin' much. You are so kind.

I do apologize for only caring about my opinion and nobody else's. Next time I will start a poll in the lounge or something. That way I can invite membes to voice their opinion, knowing that I shall abide by what the community as a whole wants. Maybe I'll even leave my opinion out so as to not push my own personal agenda.

You know, if there is a next time.

I can't even belive you new mods couldn't even give us a diplomatic "Thanks for the input. We will take your opinion into consideration and decide to do what we see as the best fit for the community, based con corporate input." No. At least you weren't hypocrytical about things -- you straight up told us to put up with you guys or else. I'll give you that.

Sarcasm? What sarcasm?

Edit: Linds, I juts noticed your post. Thank you for the kind words. If I don't survive this, please tell my story to the world.
i have always appreciated input and suggestions, but more so without bashing of others or throwing public tamper tantrums.

i am not here to debate the merits of this forum as a whole or in part, while i agree that some of the topics were out of line and not to my personal taste i could muster a little respect and agree to disagree by totally ignoring and not replying to the same.

we are all learning everyday, some new things and some of the old things we forgot, don't come here guns blazing and force your will on everyone, feel free to join in or out, its your choice and yours alone.

this sub forum was created for those who enjoy clean political debate not for those who don't, if this is enough to send you packing then were you really here in the first place??
__________________
 
Old 07-31-2007, 03:11 PM   #33
Linds
 
Linds's Avatar

Name: Linds
Title: Senior Member
Status: Offline
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: PA
Rate My Car: 70 / 340
Your Ride: 97 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter
its stepping on toes that is not.
I think that's exactly what you're doing, stepping on toes. Just because the members of the forum that have an issue with the Politics and War subforum can't technically do anything about it, but you can, doesn't mean that they're stepping on toes trying to get it changed. The members of the forum have every right to voice their opinion, and I know you've already made your point on this: You don't care if people voice their opinions, you just want it to be in a "flaming" sort of way. But what you mean is, you don't want anyone to disagree with a decision you made.

Just because you've been appointed doesn't mean you deserve anyone's respect. We've all earned each other's around here and just because you're a mod doesn't make you any different.

Edit: Drz, I'm still in shock that you got a refund. If you're kidding about this, I will hunt you down, in Arkansas, er, Alaska, I need to brush up on my state abbreviations...
__________________
 
Old 07-31-2007, 03:25 PM   #34
scooter
 
scooter's Avatar

Name: scooter
Title: Administrator
Status: Offline
Join Date: May 2005
Location: US of A
Rate My Car: 295 / 340
Your Ride: 99m3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linds
I think that's exactly what you're doing, stepping on toes. Just because the members of the forum that have an issue with the Politics and War subforum can't technically do anything about it, but you can, doesn't mean that they're stepping on toes trying to get it changed. The members of the forum have every right to voice their opinion, and I know you've already made your point on this: You don't care if people voice their opinions, you just want it to be in a "flaming" sort of way. But what you mean is, you don't want anyone to disagree with a decision you made.

Just because you've been appointed doesn't mean you deserve anyone's respect. We've all earned each other's around here and just because you're a mod doesn't make you any different.

Edit: Drz, I'm still in shock that you got a refund. If you're kidding about this, I will hunt you down, in Arkansas, er, Alaska, I need to brush up on my state abbreviations...
if you flame or bash i will be stepping on your toes, if you attack a member be it a mod or not i will step on your toes, if you disagree with something but you can't do it without bashing, flaming or attacking then its not worth doing and of no value to this community, so go ahead and express your opnions and what you like or may not like but keep it neat and clean, calling people out and bashing them just because your view/opinion/vision is different is ignorant and most of all arrogant, respect my rights and the fact im entitled to my very own opinion and i will do the same otherwise you can always ignore and move to a sub forum you like better.

you dont have to like/enjoy/participate just because the sub forum is there, you can ignore it and move on, its ONLY there for those of us who enjoy clean political debate.
__________________
 
Old 07-31-2007, 03:31 PM   #35
drz

Name: drz
Title: local dumbass
Status: Offline
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Rate My Car: 34 / 340
Your Ride: E36 2.8i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linds
Drz, I'm still in shock that you got a refund. If you're kidding about this, I will hunt you down, in Arkansas, er, Alaska, I need to brush up on my state abbreviations...
Quote:
Originally Posted by sendmail@paypal.com on behalf of hmaugans @gmail.com
Dear Daniel Ruiz,


Penguin Studios, Inc. just sent you money with PayPal.

Penguin Studios, Inc. is a Verified buyer.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Payment Details


Amount: $36.00 USD

Transaction ID: 36J32877X98587437

Subject: Please refund the money paid for two E30 UB.c shirts.

Note: Hey, things have been crazy... sorry it took so long to get back to you. Here you go.
 
Old 07-31-2007, 03:34 PM   #36
xsperf
 
xsperf's Avatar

Name: xsperf
Title: United Baller
Status: Offline
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Syracuse, NY
Rate My Car: 185 / 340
Your Ride: 95 325is
so we just lost two or more very respected members, yea this forum needs actiivity(even though i kinda liked it being quiet, because the more ppl you have the more idiots you have).. but fun and activity can be brought on by other ways, this forum only instigates hatred and argument, gets people's blood pressure elevated and brings about absolutely no FUN at all

i am going to ignore this subforum and i think everyone else should as well, because like it seems, the only people that support it are the new ones

and as for c1apton and drz, that really sucks that you had to go, i really wish you could stay and maybe there would be a chance we could get rid of this stupid subforum
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1apton
I keep forgetting that - I have a great memory but it doesn't last long

CRS disease = Can't Remeber Shit
 
Old 07-31-2007, 03:34 PM   #37
Linds
 
Linds's Avatar

Name: Linds
Title: Senior Member
Status: Offline
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: PA
Rate My Car: 70 / 340
Your Ride: 97 M3
Lol, ok, I believe you, drz.
__________________
 
Old 07-31-2007, 03:40 PM   #38
Linds
 
Linds's Avatar

Name: Linds
Title: Senior Member
Status: Offline
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: PA
Rate My Car: 70 / 340
Your Ride: 97 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsperf
so we just lost two or more very respected members, yea this forum needs actiivity(even though i kinda liked it being quiet, because the more ppl you have the more idiots you have).. but fun and activity can be brought on by other ways, this forum only instigates hatred and argument, gets people's blood pressure elevated and brings about absolutely no FUN at all

i am going to ignore this subforum and i think everyone else should as well, because like it seems, the only people that support it are the new ones

and as for c1apton and drz, that really sucks that you had to go, i really wish you could stay and maybe there would be a chance we could get rid of this stupid subforum
It does suck that some people have left or are going to leave. Especially since, as I understand it, this subforum was instituted to do exactly the opposite.

My problem with this subforum itself is not a big one. What concerns me more is the way that the opposition to it was handled. If certain members of the community don't like something, then it seems more diplomatic for those in charge to say "Ok, we'll look into it," rather than, "Tough shit, that's how it is." Yes, I can ignore this subforum, but how will future problems be handled? If there are going to be many repeats of this, then I don't see many people sticking around.
__________________
 
Old 07-31-2007, 03:43 PM   #39
scooter
 
scooter's Avatar

Name: scooter
Title: Administrator
Status: Offline
Join Date: May 2005
Location: US of A
Rate My Car: 295 / 340
Your Ride: 99m3
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsperf
so we just lost two or more very respected members, yea this forum needs actiivity(even though i kinda liked it being quiet, because the more ppl you have the more idiots you have).. but fun and activity can be brought on by other ways, this forum only instigates hatred and argument, gets people's blood pressure elevated and brings about absolutely no FUN at all

i am going to ignore this subforum and i think everyone else should as well, because like it seems, the only people that support it are the new ones

and as for c1apton and drz, that really sucks that you had to go, i really wish you could stay and maybe there would be a chance we could get rid of this stupid subforum
losing folks who can't respect the rights of others to engage in dialog they find interesting and enjoyable is no loss at all.

just because its politics it doesn't automatically have to be uncivilized unless you make it that way.
we have fun discussing politics all the time while keeping both our sanity and blood pressure in check, why you and 3 more choose to get yours up over something you can completely ignore and disregard is way beyond me at this point.
__________________
 
Old 07-31-2007, 03:59 PM   #40
xsperf
 
xsperf's Avatar

Name: xsperf
Title: United Baller
Status: Offline
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Syracuse, NY
Rate My Car: 185 / 340
Your Ride: 95 325is
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter
losing folks who can't respect the rights of others to engage in dialog they find interesting and enjoyable is no loss at all.

just because its politics it doesn't automatically have to be uncivilized unless you make it that way.
we have fun discussing politics all the time while keeping both our sanity and blood pressure in check, why you and 3 more choose to get yours up over something you can completely ignore and disregard is way beyond me at this point.
no, you don't understand, its the new management that doesn't respect the opinions of others, and to many of us, losing c1apton IS a loss, you have no idea, but c1apton was one of the main contributors to helping people solve the problems they have with their cars, now if losing him is no loss to you then you have no idea what this forum is about
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1apton
I keep forgetting that - I have a great memory but it doesn't last long

CRS disease = Can't Remeber Shit
 
Old 07-31-2007, 04:09 PM   #41
witeshark
 
witeshark's Avatar

Name: witeshark
Title: Suspended License
Status: Offline
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Miami FL
Rate My Car: 84 / 340
Your Ride: 89 325i 5 speed
True. A search of user c1apton proves that
 
Old 07-31-2007, 04:10 PM   #42
scooter
 
scooter's Avatar

Name: scooter
Title: Administrator
Status: Offline
Join Date: May 2005
Location: US of A
Rate My Car: 295 / 340
Your Ride: 99m3
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsperf
no, you don't understand, its the new management that doesn't respect the opinions of others, and to many of us, losing c1apton IS a loss, you have no idea, but c1apton was one of the main contributors to helping people solve the problems they have with their cars, now if losing him is no loss to you then you have no idea what this forum is about
losing somebody, ANYBODY who cant learn and accept to co-exist with others respectfully in a community like setting IS NO LOSS AT ALL.
its the difference in make up of opinions and thinking that makes things tick and work as well, look at this country...

its the few who try to IMPOSE their will on others i can do without. i have left the choice for you to participate or not in this forum, don't try to force me to close it just because it does not agree with you or a few others, voice your opinion by moving on and ignoring it, its what i do in some sub forums i don't really like or care for. i don't go bashing or trying to impose my will.
__________________
 
Old 07-31-2007, 04:15 PM   #43
mullethunter3
 
mullethunter3's Avatar

Name: mullethunter3
Title: Upgraded Member
Status: Offline
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Saint Louis / RollaMO
Rate My Car: 156 / 340
Your Ride: 318is, Suzuki GS500
First off, c1apton and Daniel, please come back! I miss you two already!!! <--Seriously, I do...


For now, I hope that the members can cope the new War and Politics forum, or at least the threads that were started in it. I do believe that it could be a good forum if we had a strict mod and educated posts. For those of you that hate it already, please ignore it. It was only put there for the good of the site.

Scooter's right, without posts, there basically is no revenue for the site and it will eventually have to be shut down. <-- That's extreme, but do you guys get what I'm saying?

I know that no one really likes that new admins and mods came out of no where, didn't ask questions, didn't really introduce themselves, changed the forum around a bit and Harry seems to be no where (which, for most of us is the worst thing). I know that you all like it being a small community, where everyone has earned each other's respect through talking about cars, not politics. I know that we all like being in our own little world, which, for me, is why I don't frequent bf.c, bimmerfest or werkz. UB.C is my home away from the real world, and I think it is for many of you as well.

Please don't just up and leave UB.C because of a War and Politics forum or the new admins or anything like that. I realize that UB.C is changing, but please realize that it really is for the good (and longevity) of the site.

Please realize that everyone can still post just as they always have, have the same conversations they always did and be a community as we always have. If you don't enjoy or like the new changes, ignore them. You don't have to post in the new forums, just carry on like you always have.

The last thing that I want to see is for UB.C to fall apart. Daniel, c1apton, Chrys, Nick, cels, Linds, Newmark, xsperf, Torque, and everyone that I have come to enjoy... please don't leave for good. Help keep this place the way you like it: our community.

PS -> Someone please PM me with c1apton's email. I need him back here!
 
Old 08-01-2007, 07:34 PM   #44
nick_318is
 
nick_318is's Avatar

Name: nick_318is
Title: Suspended License
Status: Offline
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Detroit, MI, I Heart E30s
Rate My Car: 10 / 340
Your Ride: 1991 318is (e30 m42), 2007 Mazdaspeed 3
Sorry I'm with the others I'm getting my bags packed and ready to head out, why won't these new supermods take the time of day to introduce themselves, why won't Harry share his plan with the existing member-base who have kept this place alive? We all come here for our love of BMWs not our love of talking politics and having our forum overrun by some mods who think they are now holier then god? The fact that you are threatening our members with suspensions and bans when it has only been needed 1 time in the case of active members that I can remember is totally unnecessary. Any of the active members loves this place and would like to see it grow and do well but not loose its feeling, how about asking for some input like any other halfway decent forum where the members are happy and its not a flame fest and people actually try to help each other out and share a laugh?
 
Old 08-01-2007, 07:50 PM   #45
witeshark
 
witeshark's Avatar

Name: witeshark
Title: Suspended License
Status: Offline
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Miami FL
Rate My Car: 84 / 340
Your Ride: 89 325i 5 speed
FYI all: The activity of the new staff has been very quiet today
 
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Canadian subforum jybute Site Feedback 15 09-12-2006 09:12 PM
so whens this lost topic subforum... Hoppy Site Feedback 3 11-26-2005 11:19 AM
TV/Movies Subforum komodo Site Feedback 2 09-07-2005 12:08 AM
Help me get rid of this stuff(e36 parts) 328isguy81 Bmw Cars For Sale/Wanted 5 08-04-2005 12:24 PM
Other Car Makes Subforum komodo Site Feedback 5 07-14-2005 12:27 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:46 PM.

A vBSkinworks Design

 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2005-2013 UnitedBimmer.com