Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer- Off Topic > United Off Topic  **FOR MEMBERS ONLY** > War and Politics   
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

War and Politics    Discuss the latest in the War on Terrorism and the Political Arena. Remember, the war is against terrorists, not fellow UB members, no "Flames" allowed.

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 02:20 PM   #16
scooter

Name: scooter
Title: Administrator
Rate My Car: 295 / 340
Your Ride: 99m3
Quote:
Originally Posted by drz
I think the Lounge is sufficient for the rare few political threads that could hold up and not stir things up in a negative way.

I also think that being in this subforum would open the doors to allow these threads to go too far, whereas mods would be quicker to moderate them if they were in the main lounge.

Personally, I got really upset by bimmersunited's two threads: the one about homosexuals/transvestites/transsexuals in the army, and the one about whether a Jew or a Palestinian is better. As much as I still think we don't need a politics and war forum, I believe that even if we do have such subforum, neither of those threads fits as a political thread. They fit much less in a friendly international community.

Edit: And at least you could have spelled P-O-L-I-T-I-C-S correctly. Maybe we need a spelling and grammar sub-forum
having this type of debate in a "generalized" forum will lead to some offensive threads to slip between the cracks, having them in one spot will allow us to monitor and moderate if need be, also if you don't like the sub forum and topics feel free to ignore them/it while still enjoying the rest of the (untainted) lounge, if you are here at least you know exactly what the deal is.

however, the sarcasm and personal attacks stop now, im not much for suspensions and warnings but some will be forthcoming if some of this non sense continues.

have respect for everyone's opinions not just yours.

Old 07-31-2007, 02:31 PM   #17
Linds

Name: Linds
Title: Senior Member
Rate My Car: 70 / 340
Your Ride: 97 M3
In my experience, drz has always had respect for everyone's opinions. And, maybe ironically, I think that's where he's coming from when he says he doesn't like this subforum. (Sorry if I'm not understanding, Daniel). But I think it invites that kind of disrespect that a lot of members on this forum have tried hard to not let in.

Old 07-31-2007, 02:32 PM   #18
drz

Name: drz
Title: local dumbass
Rate My Car: 34 / 340
Your Ride: E36 2.8i
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter
having this type of debate in a "generalized" forum will lead to some offensive threads to slip between the cracks, having them in one spot will allow us to monitor and moderate if need be, also if you don't like the sub forum and topics feel free to ignore them/it while still enjoying the rest of the (untainted) lounge, if you are here at least you know exactly what the deal is.

however, the sarcasm and personal attacks stop now, im not much for suspensions and warnings but some will be forthcoming if some of this non sense continues.

have respect for everyone's opinions not just yours.
Wonderful. I love it. This is what we needed at unitedbimmer.com -- an oligarchy. Wonderful.

Why did I know we would get the "we want to funnel all these threads into one spot so we don't have to moderate the lounge as much" response?

Just as [not] surprising is the noble offer to ignore the politics sub-forum. Oh geez, thank you so very freakin' much. You are so kind.

I do apologize for only caring about my opinion and nobody else's. Next time I will start a poll in the lounge or something. That way I can invite membes to voice their opinion, knowing that I shall abide by what the community as a whole wants. Maybe I'll even leave my opinion out so as to not push my own personal agenda.

You know, if there is a next time.

I can't even belive you new mods couldn't even give us a diplomatic "Thanks for the input. We will take your opinion into consideration and decide to do what we see as the best fit for the community, based con corporate input." No. At least you weren't hypocrytical about things -- you straight up told us to put up with you guys or else. I'll give you that.

Sarcasm? What sarcasm?

Edit: Linds, I juts noticed your post. Thank you for the kind words. If I don't survive this, please tell my story to the world.

Old 07-31-2007, 02:39 PM   #19
c1apton

Name: c1apton
Title: Upgraded Member
Rate My Car: 134 / 340
Your Ride: 93 E34
Quote:
im not much for suspensions and warnings but some will be forthcoming if some of this non sense continues.
PROMISE?

Old 07-31-2007, 02:41 PM   #20
scooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by drz
Please join my new BMW enthusiast online board: www.UnitedWeLikeBimmersandTheirWerkz-forums.com, where we will dedicate ourselves to enjoy BMWs and bash other boards for not letting us do things the way we wanted. Two years from now, YOU -- yes, YOU -- could be starting your own board, helping the diaspora of Bimmerheads around the internet, and achieving ultimate online board water-down.
the state this forum is in is no joke and i for one don't take it lightly and plan to change some things to allow ALL OUR MEMBERS to have a voice and not just a select few.
there are less posts here in a day then there are on other forums im part of in minutes, yes minutes.
we have 3-8 new threads generated per day, that 24 hours.

we have members joining every day yet 98% of them will not post.
we have ~5.5k members yet only 400 are active, that is not my idea of a forum.
we have 2 sponsors, we cant keep the doors and the lights on forever, so once again and for the last time, you may not like some of the changes and that is fine, some will stick and others wont but this is not the first forum i have been part of but i hope its the last, as such im going to do my best and my whole to make a go of this thing with you or without.

all i ask again is for you guys and gals to give it a chance, if you see something you don't like contact me in private, do not call out, flame or bash.

this is more debate then we have had in a week, that is a good thing, some of the attitudes and opinions, not so much.

Old 07-31-2007, 02:41 PM   #21
witeshark

Name: witeshark
Title: Suspended License
Rate My Car: 84 / 340
Your Ride: 89 325i 5 speed
I see no reason these new discussions can't settle into a general peace over a short time

Old 07-31-2007, 02:42 PM   #22
scooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1apton
PROMISE?
for now.

Old 07-31-2007, 02:45 PM   #23
Twisted

Name: Twisted
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
If you do not like the sub forum - do not read it.

Old 07-31-2007, 02:45 PM   #24
drz

Quote:
this is more debate then we have had in a week, that is a good thing, some of the attitudes and opinions, not so much.
That my attitude is unwelcome, I understand. I wish my opinion were welcome, however.

Old 07-31-2007, 02:48 PM   #25
c1apton

Name: c1apton
Title: Upgraded Member
Rate My Car: 134 / 340
Your Ride: 93 E34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted
If you do not like the sub forum - do not read it.
Personally I'm not liking the new mgmt of dictators - so Adios fellow bimmer owners - good luck.

C1

Old 07-31-2007, 02:48 PM   #26
scooter

some of you may have missed this so i would like to take a minute and point out the "mission" of this forum:
Discuss the latest in the War on Terrorism and the Political Arena. Remember, the war is against terrorists, not fellow UB members, no "Flames" allowed.

please adhere to it, we will begin to enforce it.
/honeymoon

Old 07-31-2007, 02:50 PM   #27
scooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by drz
That my attitude is unwelcome, I understand. I wish my opinion were welcome, however.
your opinions are and will always be welcome, its stepping on toes that is not.

Old 07-31-2007, 03:09 PM   #28
scooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1apton
Personally I'm not liking the new mgmt of dictators - so Adios fellow bimmer owners - good luck.

C1
if not allowing flames and bashing, promoting dialog and clean discussion qualifies as a dictatorship then im the biggest one.
you have a choice to avoid and ignore this sub forum if you dont like the content, you also have the choice to participate, no one is forcing anything on you, all we ask is that you do the same, if you want to leave then we wish you the best of luck if you want to stay we are happy to have you.

Old 07-31-2007, 03:15 PM   #29
drz

Quote:
your opinions are and will always be welcome, its stepping on toes that is not.
Did you see the post where I quoted you saying that having debate here is good, but that some of the opinions, "not so much." I guessed it was my opinion you didn't like, but evidently I am wrong. So, who has this not much good opinion that you speak of?

Oh. And we have managed to lose c1apton, the same way we have lost several other cool members.

Linds, Amanda, Chrys, Rooz, Zeaq -- you guys know where to find me. If I left you out, but you know I'll miss you, feel free to get in touch with me.

I'm glad I got a refund for my UB.c shirts in time.

Old 07-31-2007, 03:18 PM   #30
Linds

Name: Linds
Title: Senior Member
Rate My Car: 70 / 340
Your Ride: 97 M3
You got a refund???

Closed Thread