Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer- Off Topic > United Off Topic  **FOR MEMBERS ONLY** > Rant Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

Rant Forum Explode with gripes, complaints, and rants here. Anything goes, so enter with a tough skin.

Old 06-28-2007, 05:49 PM   #31
mullethunter3

Name: mullethunter3
Title: Upgraded Member
Rate My Car: 156 / 340
Your Ride: 318is, Suzuki GS500
Nevermind!!!!

Hopefully this isn't another false alarm, but I found a hose under the intake manifold that is spraying gas. Hopefully that's my only problem. Only thing is, it's under the intake manifold. Great.

Thank you guys (and Jami) for all your help. Will let you know how this hose fix goes. Wish me luck!
Old 06-28-2007, 07:49 PM   #32
drz

Name: drz
Title: local dumbass
Rate My Car: 34 / 340
Your Ride: E36 2.8i
*luck being wished upon mulletbabe*
Old 06-29-2007, 01:59 AM   #33
Jami318is

Name: Jami318is
Title: United Newb
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1991 318is
Hi Amanda,
I do not know if your intake will be exactly like mine after seeing your pictures. My intake is made up of a lower and upper. There were 2 bolts on the ends of the top half of the intake. One on the front side and one on the rear and a hand full up and down across the manifold. It then lifts off.

A new gasket ran me about 13 bucks from the dealer. Most auto part stores could not get it and auto zone argued with me that it was just one universal gasket and not a lower and upper so I said for get it and went to the dealer and it was much cheaper...O-rings were a million dollars at the dealer but I paid around 9 or 11 dollars for a box of 12.

It is very hard to really see where the leak is with the manifold on. I spun my starter a bit with it off trying to build up fuel pressure in hopes of seeing the leak....

NOTE......make sure no one puts the coil wire back on...Mine started up with the top half of the intake off and I SHUT IT OFF right then and wanted to ...well you know..Found the leak though.....

Pressure regulator on mine is on the front end of the fuel rail. Amanda do you have a manual ? If not I can pass on a link to an online manual I think. It is in the other group I am in.

The o-rings are on each injector....One slides up the bottom and one on the top where they fit into the fuel rail. I found out about the one on the pressure regulator after I was done so I have no idea how many there but I beleive just one.

I had a leak where the rubber hose connects to the metal fuel line right where your circle is on the picture and it ran directly onto my starter....Again I wanted to hurt this seller who fixed it.....lol

I also had leaks on 2 hoses up under the manifold where the metal fuel line connected to the fuel rail...Again sellers wonderful repair job....

I am not sure your throttle body is like mine.....You will know when you begin to remove it and several hoses hold it there....I have coolant lines that run through it and a u shaped piece under it.

I hope I answered all your questions....You can p.m me any time if you want....I will get back to you just as fast as I can.....

I know one thing....You Amanda will fix this problem...I believe this wholeheartedly....
Have a great Friday!!
Jami
Old 06-29-2007, 06:19 AM   #34
Dudesky

Name: Dudesky
Title: Run Far
Rate My Car: 106 / 340
Your Ride: E39 530iA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jami318is
. . I found out about the one on the pressure regulator after I was done so I have no idea how many there but I beleive just one.
There's actually two of them
Old 06-29-2007, 09:50 AM   #35
mullethunter3

I just finished putting the intake and hoses back on and I have a really rough idle (300-2000 rpm). I didn't get into the fuel injectors since I found that those two really small rubber hoses from the fuel rail to the fuel lines were spray gas about 2.5 cm outwards.

I replaced those, but didn't replace anything else since the gaskets looked perfectly fine (they're metal). Any ideas?
Old 06-29-2007, 10:06 AM   #36
mullethunter3

Okay, now gas is pouring from my engine somewhere. That might be the real problem now. I'll let you guys know.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:15 AM   #37
xsperf

Name: xsperf
Title: United Baller
Rate My Car: 185 / 340
Your Ride: 95 325is
it sounds like you have way too much pressure in your system, once you fix one leak, gas comes bursting out of another...

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1apton
I keep forgetting that - I have a great memory but it doesn't last long

CRS disease = Can't Remeber Shit
Old 06-29-2007, 10:30 AM   #38
mullethunter3

I don't know. I think gas is coming out of everywhere. It looks like it is coming from the engine block, where the lower intake meets it. I might as well replace the fuel injectors and o-rings there too. I should replace the gaskets for the intake and the block too... looks like this is going to suck.

Hey Jami, did you have theses crazy problems as well? Will it ever stop?
Old 06-29-2007, 10:55 AM   #39
xsperf

Name: xsperf
Title: United Baller
Rate My Car: 185 / 340
Your Ride: 95 325is
what about your fuel pressure regulator?

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1apton
I keep forgetting that - I have a great memory but it doesn't last long

CRS disease = Can't Remeber Shit
Old 06-29-2007, 12:09 PM   #40
Jami318is

Click here to set it up.
[Hey Jami, did you have theses crazy problems as well? Will it ever stop?[/QUOTE]

Amanda you are NOT alone. The first 30 day tag the car sat undrivable for at least 25 days of this and a couple of weeks into my second and final temp. Talk about comming un-glued!

I bought mine from a friend of my on site manager. I even made him and the seller come to work and tear it apart in the parking lot and fix it....Made it home to find gas pouring out every where....

Will this ever end....YES it will but please until then keep a bandanna or hat on your head, other wise you will have these bald spots where you pulled it all out.

Did you miss a bolt or not get a bolt or two tight?
Did all lines get put back on? I know more stupid questions...

Like I said Amanda I had so much down time just because hoses and clamps did not play together well.

One thing you can do if you tear it back down again. Remove the two pieces of metal line that run from where you drew the circle to the rubber lines that connect them to the fuel rail....Inspect them good and run some air through them with one end covered and see if there is a leak in these lines.....

Again it could be o-rings on the injectors or a cracked injector or even the hoses you just fixed.

This is why I hated my car at first......I never really had a chance to drive her before my nightmare began....
Just hang in there Amanda!! YOU will see this all end in a positive note...YOU WILL!!
Jami
Old 06-29-2007, 12:45 PM   #41
mullethunter3

I know it'll all work out, it'll just take time. Most of the time, I have patience with this car. Maybe not when I talk about it, but when I work on it.

I called the dealer guy, Bill, I described to him my situation. You know, rough idle, all hoses back together, leaks from the injectors and the cylinder head/intake gasket, a puddle of fuel under the car 3 foot by 5 foot... he also told me it could be that the pressure regulator could be stuck open. He said to not replace the injectors, but replace every other seal and gasket you can find.

For now until after vacation, my car will sit in the garage without an intake on it. Hopefully it'll get fixed soon after that.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:02 PM   #42
RSF5

Name: RSF5
Title: Leave that out of this.
Rate My Car: 278 / 340
Your Ride: NOOTHHHIIIINNG
Hope it all works out. If anyone can do it you can mullet.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:45 AM   #43
Jami318is

Click here to set it up.
So hey Amanda whats going on with this car? I mean have you gotten back at it yet? Have not heard anything in a while. Just wondering.
Hope the vacation goes good.
Jami
Old 07-11-2007, 04:46 PM   #44
mullethunter3

Yeah, I just got back from the vacation.

Parts have been on back-order since I left in June. They should be shipped by this Friday. I ordered all new fuel injector seals and clips, new manifold gaskets, new cylinder head-to-manifold gasket and a new pressure regulator.

My poor car has been sitting with the hood open and half-apart for a week and a half now. I really miss driving it.

If this list of parts doesn't fix it, I don't know what else to do. <crosses fingers>
Old 07-11-2007, 05:07 PM   #45
witeshark

Name: witeshark
Title: Suspended License
Rate My Car: 84 / 340
Your Ride: 89 325i 5 speed
Tons of luck to ya