Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer- Off Topic > United Off Topic  **FOR MEMBERS ONLY** > Rant Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

Rant Forum Explode with gripes, complaints, and rants here. Anything goes, so enter with a tough skin.

Old 05-11-2007, 06:59 AM   #1
Chris

Name: Chris
Title: Visiting Mod
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: Whatever I can get my hands on
Stupid F'in "teachers"

Note: wrote all this down a couple days ago, jsut didn't have time to post it.

1. So I was sitting in world history from 1500 tthe other day and my professor tells us in review for the Final and he goes "the German reich's... all you need to know about them is that they liked killing people and wanted to take over the world." Stupid fucking teacher. He's made comments like this before, and it makes me just want to stand up in front of the class and chew his stupid over-paid ass out till he cries. Only the Third Reich was all about global domination, one supreme race, mass genocide, etc. The truth is that the first reich (the Holy Roman Empire [no, not the one based in rome, the one that controlled most of what is present day germany, switzerland and belgium]) was not much unlike the rest of Europe at the time. They had no desire for mass genocide, although they did typically publicly hang dissenters, but again, the rest of europe did that two. They were just after the three G's just like the rest of europe (for those who don't know what the three G's are, the three G's are god, gold , and glory)

The Second Reich Was the German Empire during World War I. While they had manuy many expansionistic goals, just like the rest of europe, they only entered into world war I because their allies declared war, and they had to pick a side. Originally, they didn't even want to join the war, but quickly realized that their geographical location forced them to either join the war, or be invaded by one of the two factions of the war.

The third Reich. Well, you all know about the third reich, 6 million dead in concentration camps, tens of millions killed in combat, lets take over the world, kill the jews, kill the arabs, kill the political extremists, hell, we'l just kill everyone who doesn't have blonde hair and blue eyes, and whoevers left that we don't like after that, we'll get rid of them too.

Disclaimer: Comments on the third reich are over-generalized and extremely vague, but you got my point, and those who are smart enough to tell me that my comments were overly vague know enough about the issue that an in depth discussion is not needed.

Nuke (n): a large firework that makes pretty lights and large lakes out of annoying countries.
You have three choices, stand behind our troops, grab a gun and toe the line with our troops, or stand in front of them, they can use the extra armor.
Old 05-11-2007, 08:47 AM   #2
elsabor67

Name: elsabor67
Title: Senior Member
Rate My Car: 35 / 340
Your Ride: 1989 325i (U.S. Specs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdoesntknow
Note:
Disclaimer: Comments on the third reich are over-generalized and extremely vague, but you got my point, and those who are smart enough to tell me that my comments were overly vague know enough about the issue that an in depth discussion is not needed.

I never knew that there was a 1st and 2nd reich . You enlightened me on that one. Point is very well taken.

How do I spell relief??
AUTOBAHNNNNNNNNN
"GO FASTER !!"
Old 05-11-2007, 02:25 PM   #3
BMWLotAttendant

Name: BMWLotAttendant
Title: I Drive EVERYTHING
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1997 Camry CE
History.....boooorrriiiing.

I have no idea what your whole post meant...I even read it and it was foreign to me except the 3rd reich or whatever it's called.
Old 05-11-2007, 05:08 PM   #4
celsdogg

Name: celsdogg
Title: never gonna happen
Rate My Car: 131 / 340
Your Ride: BMW E30, Subaru BE, Cannondale M400
i thought the first reich was charlemagne, and the second was napolean. i heard that on the history channel.
Old 05-11-2007, 08:40 PM   #5
xsperf

Name: xsperf
Title: United Baller
Rate My Car: 185 / 340
Your Ride: 95 325is
history sux, go study math

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1apton
I keep forgetting that - I have a great memory but it doesn't last long

CRS disease = Can't Remeber Shit
Old 05-11-2007, 11:01 PM   #6
theSMELSINATOR

Name: theSMELSINATOR
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1990 325iX
i know what you mean. i grew up in the south (my family has lived in florida since before statehood) and now i'm in boring, backwards indiana. i HATE talking about the civil war, because the teachers always say "the civil war was about slavery and it was the south's fault."

WARNING: HISTORY RANT AHEAD

Why did we fight the revolutionary war? Because our overseas "landlords" (if you will) needed a way to fund their colonies so they imposed unfair taxes (the Stamp Act and the like). So we revolt in the Revolutionary War and declare that we would never again have "taxation without representation". Then we get this crazy idea about manifest destiny, start various wars (such as the war with Mexico) and soon realize we need funds. So the North, almost exclusively industrial, imposes heavy agricultural tariffs. Who controls the agriculture? The South! So here is the South, struggling to industrialize, trying to get a stable enough agriculture to no longer need slaves, and what happens? Unfair taxation. Why did we fight the Revolutionary War? Unfair taxation.

So here is the South, being choked to death by the very thing they fought to overcome. They decide that the Consititution (being viewed as a contract between the States) has been violated and therefore is no longer valid. Since there is no longer a valid Constitution, there is no longer a "United" States of America. So the South leaves the alliance with the other states in order to save itself from the unfair taxation. The North thinks, "Shoot! They left!" and starts attacking the South. Hence, the Civil War.

My point is this: the South was in the right, and the Civil War was NOT about slavery.

On one test, our teacher asked us "The Civil War was caused by what?" One of the answers was slavery. Another was taxation. She claimed it was slavery, and i knew that's what she had as the right answer. I put taxation. I cannot bring myself to succumb to this yankee propaganda!

*whew* i'm done. my bad for typing such a long comment. it just ticks me off when teachers don't know what they're talking about.
Old 05-12-2007, 04:57 PM   #7
TerryY

Name: TerryY
Rate My Car: 7 / 340
Now as a history buff:

Relate the level of taxation that precipitated both the Revolutionary and Civil wars to the current level of taxation in the US

Terry

Aloha Oregon
'95 840
'98 SVT Cobra
Old 05-13-2007, 09:06 AM   #8
celsdogg

Name: celsdogg
Title: never gonna happen
Rate My Car: 131 / 340
Your Ride: BMW E30, Subaru BE, Cannondale M400
i knew about the civil being not about slavery. it was President Lincoln who made the cause into slavery.
Old 05-13-2007, 02:06 PM   #9
theSMELSINATOR

Name: theSMELSINATOR
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1990 325iX
^correct! that seems to be..."overlooked" quite often.

Terry, if only i knew the figures. The town i live in raised property taxes by the thousands this year because they built a new town hall (even thought there was nothing wrong with the old one. For the grand opening ceremony, they were going to pay to have skydivers fly in the state and national flags, but there was too much public outcry so they didn't.

needless to say, that town governer got outvoted in the last election, with the new town governer getting over 75% of the vote.