Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer-General BMW Topics > Bimmer Showroom
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

Bimmer Showroom Sponsored by: 21st Century Insurance
Post pictures and show off your Bimmer here.

Old 05-08-2007, 01:45 AM   #16
Structur3d

Name: Structur3d
Title: United Newb
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: e46 325xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_318is
So you have a dinan badge to put on but don't actually have the dinan parts yet? LAME.
not trying to be mean btw just am capable of being an adult and making my own decisions on my car.

Nothing hits my nerve more then when people are like that. If i thought a m3 badge would make my car better to me then i would put one on it even though we all know it isnt a m3. Call it rice call it w/e you want but i call it being a individual.. making my own decisions my own choices. If everyone throughout time modded a car with the way " everypne else does" then we wouldnt have some of the things you see today as a trend.

Dinan is a great company, they make alot of nice things, one thing they do is earn respect in the german auto market, just becuase i dont have the "points" doesnt mean i dont deserve to support them with badge/decal or w/e.

Badges/ decals from manufacturers are to show support and to show authenticity. One part from dinan has just as much right to have a badge as 12 points.

imo you need to be more open minded instead of jumping on a bandwagon of flames and critisizm.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:10 AM   #17
RSF5

Name: RSF5
Title: Leave that out of this.
Rate My Car: 278 / 340
Your Ride: NOOTHHHIIIINNG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Structur3d

Dinan is a great company, they make alot of nice things, one thing they do is earn respect in the german auto market, just becuase i dont have the "points" doesnt mean i dont deserve to support them with badge/decal or w/e.

Badges/ decals from manufacturers are to show support and to show authenticity. One part from dinan has just as much right to have a badge as 12 points.

imo you need to be more open minded instead of jumping on a bandwagon of flames and critisizm.
Unfortunately badges don't really do anything for support. If you want to support by the parts. (I love Active Autowerks, However I don't run around with an active autowerks sticker on the side of my car)
Old 05-08-2007, 04:41 PM   #18
nick_318is

Name: nick_318is
Title: Suspended License
Rate My Car: 10 / 340
Your Ride: 1991 318is (e30 m42), 2007 Mazdaspeed 3
^Agree. Dude im just saying if your going to get the parts wait. I have a bunch of Dinan points on my car and if i had gotten the exhaust (i got a supersprint instead) I might have gotten all my recipets together and sent them to Dinan to get the badge. I would have gotten the badge but I dont know if I would have put it on, but I wouldn't put it on without having enough points 1st. And Dinan has specific guidelines for giving out badges so that way you can show support and be what they consider to be authentic. Your trying to say your ride is something that its not. Oh and if you put ///M badges on a non ///M I would give you crap to, and so will people on any BMW forum.

I'm all for doing things to your car that you like, but I have never and will never be a fan of false advertising.
Old 05-08-2007, 05:03 PM   #19
BMWLotAttendant

Name: BMWLotAttendant
Title: I Drive EVERYTHING
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1997 Camry CE
Yeah, I agree. That is the number one thing that pisses me off is the false advertising. I see it ALL the time here at our dealership.

We know the difference, and even though the average Joe who knows nothing about it is going to know nothing but a true bmw enthusiast is giong to know and ask about it. At least you have the exaust to show that you support them. And that when you get the time and money for the additional upgrades you'll do so when the time is right.

We aren't here to be mean or pick on you or your car, we just want to let you know how we feel about certain topics. And false advertising is one of them.

Yes, you are right everybody has their own opinion, and there are two sides of the story to every situation.

I think it's AWESOME that you are supporting Dinan and their products. IMO, I think you should continue to purchase their products and improve your cars performance, looks, and sounds.

But I also think that a family is more important than your car. All a car is going do is take you from point A to point B. Yeah cars are fun and cool. But you should tend to your families needs before your car, and you are right about how you are watching what you are spending for your families sake rather than your car. If you have money to spare, then great, go purchase your Dinan mods....

I understand your situation, and I'm equally on both sides of the story.