Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer- Model Categories > 5-Series > E12, E28, E34, E39, E60
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

E12, E28, E34, E39, E60 General discussion and technical help for all year 5 series cars.

Old 03-30-2007, 04:52 PM   #1
bbmmww

Name: bbmmww
Title: United Newb
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1999 tourier 530d
rear windows and rear cl not working

hi all and hello
just found this cool place

i have a problem with my 530 d i had a water leak coming in the front nearside leftside britsh speck car i live in england and this was because some leaves had blocked the drain holes on the fire wall (bluck head) the water was backing up and getting in to the car fix the water problem but now the rear windows dot work or the cl anyone no were i should start to check thank you
Old 04-03-2007, 08:48 AM   #2
bbmmww

Click here to set it up.
hi all i have found out a litte bit more info under the glove box are 2 50 amp fuses one of these is blown i have replaced it and it blows straight away i think it is some thing to do with the electics under the pollom fillters dose any one know what part the fuse covers?as i donot have a manaul to refer to the fuse that blows is the one nearest the front bulck head these fuses are very large red in colour and 50 amps this must be my problem i did take it to bmw and they dun some tests and charge me a hours labour they would not tell me what was wrong just said a module has gone and want 210 pounds + vat for part +2hours labour about 380 pounds
Old 05-13-2007, 11:11 AM   #3
bbmmww

Click here to set it up.
update

i brought myself the service manauls for 5 series from amason the bentley publlishre one you get 2 manauls from these i have found out that it was the general modual its under the glovebox gm111 that needed replaceing i got one from the breakers for 50 +vat and all the cental locking works and the rear windows the 50 amp fuse that had blowen was for the fan it knacked so another job to do but as it is a deisal and the temp is running normal i think i will leave it for the time being if i had a petral engine they run a lot hotter so it might have started to over heat