Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer- Off Topic > United Off Topic  **FOR MEMBERS ONLY**
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

United Off Topic  **FOR MEMBERS ONLY** Chat about whatever! Off-topic chat forum. (Be sure to appropriately title posts that are NWS) You must be registred and logged in to see sub-forums

Old 02-21-2007, 02:15 AM   #1
Hoppy

Name: Hoppy
Title: fueled by bourbon
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
i love the night

night time has always been my favorite time. it has the best moments. from being 5 chasing fire flys to 16, and that first big date, to being 20 sitting in a dennys parking lot at 3 am with some of the best fucking people you will ever know.
the best feelings, quiet. calm, selective, EXCLUSIVE.

with my redicuouls work/school schedual over the past few weeks, iv had little time for sleep ( 4 hours last night) forget going out with out having to actualy GO some where (work/class/fix the damn car). iv just been stressed. not really sure what i want to do about anything. been this way for a few weeks. but not today, not now.

despite the 4 hours of sleep,waking up late for my class, 4 classes for a grand total of aproximatly 7 hours, 3 of those classes in the same room. 5 hours of work. today is the golden linning of the lump of shit that has been my last week or two. i got a lunch date for thursday, with a girl whos WAY OUT OF MY LEAGUE, that put my in a good mood for work, wich went by quick and smooth becuase i had a competent coworker for the first time in over a week. that left me with energy to be up now, and since i dont have class tommorow, or work till 3, and i was up so late last night. so im up now, i had come Cig's left in the pack i bought when i was stressing out last week, (32 hrs of work, 15 credits of class, an 8 page paper due) so i decided its warm out. il go get Pat and go outside and have a smoke.

Pat was supposed to be studying but he disapeared, so i went out by myself. and im glad i did. gave me time to let everything about the night smooth over all the trivial problems iv been stressing

The girl is far too good for me, so even if i do blow it or get rejected. no big deal. i reach for the stars and stumbled on a pebble.

I dont need the income from work to make ends meet. so if it gets too stressfull i can just take less hours or quit.

i have spent some 15 years in various Education settings. i didnt give a rats shit then, now is no differant. its all just paper and a subjective opinion of you as a student, based on standards that dont work. Plus im going home for the weekend, and then for spring break aswell. soon it will be summer.

sorry for the long read/rant. just the 30 minutes i stood looking at the campus buildings as lifeless husks, and listening to nothing at all calmed me straight through. 2 AM and this once loud busy cause of the only real stress iv had in recent memory (thanks to apathy) is dead. maybe its a victory to me? during the day we are both busy, but at night its nothing, while im still here. last man standing. Maybe it comforts me to know that, like the campus, i may be busy as hell, but someday i can get some peace and quiet. maybe, just maybe its my love of the night retaking its thrown of imperturbability after having been usurped by alcohol ( the eraser of nights). maybe its a sign i need to get a life. i donno. nor do i really need to. it works. and im sorry i forsook it and its values so long ago. now before i lay myself to bed, wraped in the best drapery of my bed to sleep as if to make William Cullen Bryant jelous. i just need to say one thing.

I love the night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSF5
Well yeah, the BATFE is like the Anti Hoppy.
Well hey, hey Mr. Policeman
Bet I can drive faster than you can
Come on Hoss, let's have some fun
Go on shoot me with your radar gun
You look bored and I sure am
Catch me if you can.
Old 02-21-2007, 05:23 AM   #2
c1apton

Name: c1apton
Title: Upgraded Member
Rate My Car: 134 / 340
Your Ride: 93 E34
that was good bro, time to reflect is always good. It's like coming up for air from lifes' daily hassles & more people need to do so these days. When I'm at home (either one), I just climb in the car and drive - direction or destination doesn't make a difference -it's just a "hey, stop the world and let me off for awhile" mode. Or if it's been a tough show day, as soon as the show is over - I have to walk away & be alone for a minimum of 30 minutes to gather up thoughts & unwind. My guys know it's my way of keeping things real and I won't get a single call over the radios, phone or paged during this time. Then it's jump back in, pack up the gear, climb on a bus, have a drink/beer a laugh or two then hit the rack & do it all over again tomorrow.

Yea I have to agree w/ya - reflecting is good - hope your date rocks...
Old 02-21-2007, 07:00 AM   #3
Dudesky

Name: Dudesky
Title: Run Far
Rate My Car: 106 / 340
Your Ride: E39 530iA
Good stuff. I think everyone has their own way of doing this. Mine is leaving the electronics home and going for a nice long run- no destination, no time to beat, no keeping track of mileage.
Old 02-21-2007, 09:36 AM   #4
nick_318is

Name: nick_318is
Title: Suspended License
Rate My Car: 10 / 340
Your Ride: 1991 318is (e30 m42), 2007 Mazdaspeed 3
Hoppy, Great rant, I also like to go out in the middle of the night for a smoke or just chilling out with cool people. I only did the 4 hours of sleep last night because of an exam this morning, when i was up early it was kind of nice being the only one up in the house and just being able to get some stuff taken care of.

I'm also going to have to agree about education in my last semester I'm tired of school and its BS, the exam I got up early for to get some last minute cramming in, was pretty easy and when i was done I thought why did i even bother to get up and study, or to study at all.

Good Luck with the lunch date, hope it goes well. I too am pursuing a woman who i think is out of my league and keep being plesently surprised by how cool she is and how she continues to see me.

Again thanks for the thread it has made for a nice read this morning and I gotta say your right on.
Old 02-21-2007, 01:56 PM   #5
Hoppy

Name: Hoppy
Title: fueled by bourbon
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
let me just say. my sleep last night was AMAZING.woke up around noon refreshed and in a great mood. still am. i went to get lunch, and was like "im in the mood for hot dogs" get there, whats todays special? two jumbo beef dogs with fries. its a wicked awesome day out, and i only have to work until 8. leaves me plenty of time to study for my test tommorow and even get a real dinner ( been living off cold cuts for the last week or so) the only bad thing about today is i dont have enough timeto go fishing. drats, oh well ig i had known it was gunna be so nice i woulda got up earlier for it.
im gunna finish my dogs, get ready and go to work. i hope you all have a good day, and no i havnt been drinking. nor have i been into the white powders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSF5
Well yeah, the BATFE is like the Anti Hoppy.
Well hey, hey Mr. Policeman
Bet I can drive faster than you can
Come on Hoss, let's have some fun
Go on shoot me with your radar gun
You look bored and I sure am
Catch me if you can.
Old 02-21-2007, 02:03 PM   #6
witeshark

Name: witeshark
Title: Suspended License
Rate My Car: 84 / 340
Your Ride: 89 325i 5 speed
What a cool change of pace reading
Old 02-21-2007, 05:25 PM   #7
elsabor67

Name: elsabor67
Title: Senior Member
Rate My Car: 35 / 340
Your Ride: 1989 325i (U.S. Specs)
Now that was relaxing to read. It even made me just leave the office and go for a spin (A 130MPH spin )

How do I spell relief??
AUTOBAHNNNNNNNNN
"GO FASTER !!"