Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer-General BMW Topics > Lighting
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

Lighting
BAVTOYS.COM- To see and be SEEN
Sponsored by: BavToys.com
Discussion of headlights, fog lights, blinkers, and any other car lighting.

Old 04-12-2006, 12:43 PM   #1
Tochenzo

Name: Tochenzo
Title: Member
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
DDE Problem ballast?

So I did the cold weather fix from Rooz and everything was working well, until I packed all the wiring back into the housing. On the driver side, once i placed the lid back on and put all the wiring back, my angel eyes flickered so i figured it was just a bad connection so i messed with it until it stayed on. But, once i touched it again it went out again and now i can't get it to go back on

I checked the wires and they seemed fine to me, unsoldered the wiring I did earlier and just tied them together and they still don't turn on. However, once i unlock/lock my car with my alarm, (my angel eyes are wired to my parking lights, so my angel eyes flash when i lock/unlock my car) they flashed so i know my DDE bulbs didnt blow

But...when I attempt to turn it on inside my car with the switch...they don't turn on

Is this a bad ballast or something else?

1998 Hellrot 328i

Last edited by Tochenzo; 04-12-2006 at 12:46 PM..
Old 04-12-2006, 12:50 PM   #2
habbie

Name: habbie
Title: Forum Sponsor
Rate My Car: 1 / 340
Your Ride: Supercharged 97 M3/04 M3 vert/07 ESCALADE/04 Harley VRSC/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tochenzo
So I did the cold weather fix from Rooz and everything was working well, until I packed all the wiring back into the housing. On the driver side, once i placed the lid back on and put all the wiring back, my angel eyes flickered so i figured it was just a bad connection so i messed with it until it stayed on. But, once i touched it again it went out again and now i can't get it to go back on

I checked the wires and they seemed fine to me, unsoldered the wiring I did earlier and just tied them together and they still don't turn on. However, once i unlock/lock my car with my alarm, (my angel eyes are wired to my parking lights, so my angel eyes flash when i lock/unlock my car) they flashed so i know my DDE bulbs didnt blow

But...when I attempt to turn it on inside my car with the switch...they don't turn on

Is this a bad ballast or something else?
if your ballast was bad they would not come on at all, recheck all your connections.

-zkw- -hella- -bosch- -depo- -prolumen- -kwd- -bbs- -predator chromium- -predator ice- -simota- -ecis-

//-install guides-//-total lighting group buy-//-zkw group buy-// -exhaust group buy-//-ellipsoids+hid group buy-//-led tails group buy-//
Old 04-12-2006, 03:59 PM   #3
Tochenzo

Click here to set it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by habbie@umnitza-east
if your ballast was bad they would not come on at all, recheck all your connections.
which connections are you referring to? I mean, how many total connections should there be? I know for sure that the white wires connecting to the angel eye wires are fine because i have them all touching. The reason I think it's the ballast is because neither of the driver side DDe's are working, usually when a connection goes bad only one of them goes out right? Which other wires would cause the angel eyes to go bad, i thought the red wires in my headlight housing was for the low/high beams.

1998 Hellrot 328i
Old 04-12-2006, 04:18 PM   #4
Rooz

Name: Rooz
Title: Upgraded Member
Rate My Car: 5 / 340
Your Ride: 2003 M5
Tochenzo, this is what am talking about

VIEW MOD LIST & PICS

I am worth $2,010,238 on HumanForSale.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg
Umnitza now provides a mechanic to install all parts ordered right in the box! It's their new "Total customer service program" that will eliminate all the haters and keep incompetents from breaking **** and blaming the vendor! When you are all set simply call INS and they will pick him up free of charge.
Old 04-14-2006, 11:57 AM   #5
Tochenzo

Click here to set it up.
got eveyrthing fixed, damn connections

1998 Hellrot 328i
Old 04-14-2006, 10:48 PM   #6
Rooz

Name: Rooz
Title: Upgraded Member
Rate My Car: 5 / 340
Your Ride: 2003 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tochenzo
got eveyrthing fixed, damn connections
Cool

VIEW MOD LIST & PICS

I am worth $2,010,238 on HumanForSale.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg
Umnitza now provides a mechanic to install all parts ordered right in the box! It's their new "Total customer service program" that will eliminate all the haters and keep incompetents from breaking **** and blaming the vendor! When you are all set simply call INS and they will pick him up free of charge.
Old 04-14-2006, 10:59 PM   #7
habbie

Name: habbie
Title: Forum Sponsor
Rate My Car: 1 / 340
Your Ride: Supercharged 97 M3/04 M3 vert/07 ESCALADE/04 Harley VRSC/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooz
Cool
email me, got some pics for you to see
www.bavtoys.com

-zkw- -hella- -bosch- -depo- -prolumen- -kwd- -bbs- -predator chromium- -predator ice- -simota- -ecis-

//-install guides-//-total lighting group buy-//-zkw group buy-// -exhaust group buy-//-ellipsoids+hid group buy-//-led tails group buy-//