Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer- Off Topic > United Off Topic  **FOR MEMBERS ONLY** > Rant Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

Rant Forum Explode with gripes, complaints, and rants here. Anything goes, so enter with a tough skin.

Old 03-30-2006, 12:28 PM   #1
01Mike330i

Name: 01Mike330i
Title: Member
Rate My Car: 231 / 340
Your Ride: 2001 330i
Worst. Year. Ever.

OK, let's sum up 2006 for me so far:

1. As most of you regulars remember, my mother is diagnosed with brain cancer (2nd time around) and isn't going forward with additional treatments, so basically she has 6 months to live.

2. My Bim gets hit by some jackass in a parking lot and I have to be without it for 4 days while it's getting repaired.

3. And now...to top it all off...Sunday, my daughter and I go up to see my mother and I come home that afternoon to a 'Dear John' (Or 'Dear Mike' as it may be) letter, with my wife informing me that she's moved out and is staying with her parents.

I'm looking for the light at the end of the tunnel here...anyone have a flashlight?
Old 03-30-2006, 12:34 PM   #2
doughboyea

Name: doughboyea
Title: Upgraded Member
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 2007 Acura TSX
(((sorry brother))) I can't imagine any of those things. I'm don't want to be stereotypical and say that you still have your life to live, your health and that you have a child. Though, that seems the only thing that can be said to your situation. The car thing is nothing, no offense, compared to all else. The only thing that can be done is be there for your child (what's her name btw) and your wife... if she's willing.

All the best that can come.

Dough

Past rides:
1999 BMW 328i E46 Dinan Stg. 1
1989 Mercedes 190E 2.6
1980 Mercedes 240D
Old 03-30-2006, 12:38 PM   #3
witeshark

Name: witeshark
Title: Suspended License
Rate My Car: 84 / 340
Your Ride: 89 325i 5 speed
Wow. I feel for you. Hope these things start getting better.
Old 03-30-2006, 01:07 PM   #4
BMWLotAttendant

Name: BMWLotAttendant
Title: I Drive EVERYTHING
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1997 Camry CE
Ohhhh noes!

That's not good at all.

What in the world did you do to cause your wife to move in with her parents? Maybe you need time away? Has this happened before?

My prayers will be with you.
Old 03-30-2006, 01:21 PM   #5
c1apton

Name: c1apton
Title: Upgraded Member
Rate My Car: 134 / 340
Your Ride: 93 E34
That sucks bro, really sucks. Without sounding like an asshole - stay focused on your Moms' issue. Your car can be fixed, you've got a daughter that NO ONE can keep you from. The wife issue is probably a blessing not a curse, just rips at you right now. I've been there twice and it's ALWAYS have worked for the best.
My first wife passed on from a drunken car wreck - her fault. My second decided to go "find for herself". I came back from a world tour, bought a house prior to leaving, gave the her a new car for Xmas,etc - she was treated like a queen - came back for my Dads' funeral with a month to go on tour - my wife greeted me at JFK all smiles glad to see me then handed me divorce papers. I went back to finish tour, buried my ass in my work for a couple months - then realized - her leaving gave me more freedom to work and expand my horizons and it's been fantastic ever since. (I have a duaghter also) My daughter is a diamond in the rough and I'm making more money than my "ex" ever fathomed and she don't get shit. BTW: She did find herself, with an Amway salesman - he makes 32k a year - I made 6 times that last year.
Bottom line (as hard as it is to hear as you're feeling) it's a gift bro, take advantage of all the new opportunities. (feel free to blast me e-mail for anything to help get you through)
Old 03-30-2006, 01:56 PM   #6
Hoppy

Name: Hoppy
Title: fueled by bourbon
Click here to set it up.
new hampshire eh. you need anything. let me know im more than happy to help in anyway i can. im always up for a drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSF5
Well yeah, the BATFE is like the Anti Hoppy.
Well hey, hey Mr. Policeman
Bet I can drive faster than you can
Come on Hoss, let's have some fun
Go on shoot me with your radar gun
You look bored and I sure am
Catch me if you can.