Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer- Off Topic > United Off Topic  **FOR MEMBERS ONLY** > Rant Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

Rant Forum Explode with gripes, complaints, and rants here. Anything goes, so enter with a tough skin.

Old 03-16-2006, 09:40 PM   #1
jrhaile

Name: jrhaile
Title: Upgraded Member
Rate My Car: 114 / 340
Your Ride: 1991 Dinan Turbo, 95 M52 Turbo
I don't know why this makes me mad...

Watching the World Baseball Classic tonight.. USA vs Mexico. As they scan the crowd which is in CA, I see an enormous amount of people showing "Mexican pride." Fine, no big deal. Then I thought to myself, how many of those people left Mexico because IT FUCKING sucks to better themselves? Seems a little hypocrite to me. Come to America probably take someone's job who was born in America and then show up to a baseball game showing your love for the country you disbanded because, again, it FUCKING SUCKS. I don't know if I'm just being a racist tonight or what the deal is, but this really pissed me off for some reason. These people are in OUR country, most of them probably illegal and they're rooting for the team the USA is playing against. I don't know, I just don't get it... I'm going to go drink some more.

Keep in mind, I'm not upset the USA lost in the WBC because, personally, the structure of it is lame and doesn't favor the truly BEST team (not saying the USA is, because I think Domincan Republic is).

What do you guys think about this?
Old 03-16-2006, 10:01 PM   #2
witeshark

Name: witeshark
Title: Suspended License
Rate My Car: 84 / 340
Your Ride: 89 325i 5 speed
You have good points plain and simple
Old 03-16-2006, 10:12 PM   #3
jrhaile

Name: jrhaile
Rate My Car: 114 / 340
Your Ride: 1991 Dinan Turbo, 95 M52 Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by witeshark
You have good points plain and simple
I want to think I'm being an asshole to be PC, but I truly think my points make sense
Old 03-16-2006, 10:20 PM   #4
c1apton

Name: c1apton
Rate My Car: 134 / 340
Your Ride: 93 E34
You do have a valid point. You now know how native american Indians feel.
Old 03-16-2006, 11:42 PM   #5
xsperf

Name: xsperf
Title: United Baller
Rate My Car: 185 / 340
Your Ride: 95 325is
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaile
Watching the World Baseball Classic tonight.. USA vs Mexico. As they scan the crowd which is in CA, I see an enormous amount of people showing "Mexican pride." Fine, no big deal. Then I thought to myself, how many of those people left Mexico because IT FUCKING sucks to better themselves? Seems a little hypocrite to me. Come to America probably take someone's job who was born in America and then show up to a baseball game showing your love for the country you disbanded because, again, it FUCKING SUCKS. I don't know if I'm just being a racist tonight or what the deal is, but this really pissed me off for some reason. These people are in OUR country, most of them probably illegal and they're rooting for the team the USA is playing against. I don't know, I just don't get it... I'm going to go drink some more.

Keep in mind, I'm not upset the USA lost in the WBC because, personally, the structure of it is lame and doesn't favor the truly BEST team (not saying the USA is, because I think Domincan Republic is).

What do you guys think about this?
i dont agree with you on 2 small things.. took someones job? ok lets face the facts, if i had a store, and i had a choice of two employees to hire, a snobby american who wanted a high pay and did lazy crappy work, or a mexican who wanted low pay and works his butt off, id definetely rather go for the mexican, maybe if the american got up to it and actually did hard work, he might get hired

secondly, they say mexican pride as a heritige, probably, not as a country, like if someone in the USA is part german for instance, he may want the german teams in the olympics to win instead of the USA teams,a nd hes showing GERMAN pride, not GERMANY pride(lets think of our cars, now)

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1apton
I keep forgetting that - I have a great memory but it doesn't last long

CRS disease = Can't Remeber Shit
Old 03-16-2006, 11:48 PM   #6
witeshark

Name: witeshark
Title: Suspended License
Rate My Car: 84 / 340
Your Ride: 89 325i 5 speed
Okay xsperf, fair enough. Now, can you also see the rest of the very contradictions you point out?
Old 03-17-2006, 06:19 AM   #7
Dudesky

Name: Dudesky
Title: Run Far
Rate My Car: 106 / 340
Your Ride: E39 530iA
Old rant I hear too many times, IMO. I'm Filipino, and I hate when Flips talk about how great the old country is compared to the US. Well if that's so, then what the fuck are ya doing here?! In the NY area it's the Puerto Ricans. In the Miami area, it's the Cubans, today it will be the Irish . . . who cares, everyone does it. And what of the American Indians? Great point, c1apton.

Some years back, I went to a game at Shea Stadium against the White Sox. Even though Sosa got shut out that night, the whole place was packed with Dominican flags everywhere. To make it worse, it was Salsa night at the stadium. We got the hell outta Dodge as soon as the 9th inning ended and the party was just getting underway. Man, what a ruckus, the afterparty was more of a show than the game
Old 03-17-2006, 07:16 AM   #8
c1apton

Name: c1apton
Rate My Car: 134 / 340
Your Ride: 93 E34
As far as I'm concerned we're all illegal immigrants. That's what America is all about. As long as anyone comes to this country and is productive, non-destructive and can contribute in any small way to a peaceful lifestyle "come-on in". Abiding by the laws established here and not interpeting them to fit your ambitions are the cost of living here. If you don't like that - there's no locks on the exits ->Cya