Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer- Off Topic > United Off Topic  **FOR MEMBERS ONLY** > Geek Chat
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

Geek Chat Ask computer questions or just engage in general geek talk on here

Old 03-03-2006, 11:08 PM   #1
delmarco

Name: delmarco
Title: The Way A Man Should Be
Rate My Car: 227 / 340
Your Ride: 2001 330i
Just Got My First "really cool" Laptop Computer (pics) & Why eBay Rulez All!

I wanted another Toshiba laptop since that is what I'm using and I like that brand. FOr school we all need to be carring laptop daily to classes with us and my Toshiba Satellite is way too big and heavy to be carrying around . My professors have been griping that Blackberries and Pocket PDAs/PALMs are not not the same as having a laptop in the classroom.

Last Year my best friend (from High School) back in NY got an IBM T43 notebook (the fancy new ones with 100 GB hard drive, DVD burners, fingerprint scanners) and I loved it...but he paid about $2,600 for his .

Guess what?
I just bought mine,same as his, on eBay for only $850.00. Well,not the exactly same as his, but has all the same specs minus the fingerprint scanner (not even gonna need), DVD burner (yeah right DVD-Rs are like 10$ a pop) and y IBM notebook has smaller hard drive.

I won it in "excellent, as is condition with all the original in-box trimmings.

What do ya'll think? I used the leftover money I had on PayPal from recent X-mas gifts I sold off on eBay to pay for it. Smart Huh? Otherwise I couldn't afford it. I'm so excited...I've been spending so much money on my car lately, I can't remember the last time I bought myself something nice.

VISIT MY GARAGE TO SEE ALL MY MODS:

http://directory.e46fanatics.com/use...rMod&UcId=7917