Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer- Off Topic > United Off Topic  **FOR MEMBERS ONLY** > Rant Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

Rant Forum Explode with gripes, complaints, and rants here. Anything goes, so enter with a tough skin.

Old 01-28-2006, 10:41 AM   #1
xsperf

Name: xsperf
Title: United Baller
Rate My Car: 185 / 340
Your Ride: 95 325is
Saabs Suck!!!!!

what the hell is up with the engineers of saabs? they should all freakin die! the master cylinder, or later to be known to us as the "hydraulic unit" which costs $2300 brand new was leaking, got one off of ebay for 40 bucks, so far so good. and then the labor to remove it was 1750! so i had to do it myself. there 3 brake lines attatched to the unit.. WTF? 3??!?! and i come to remove them, they are on the BOTTOM of the hydraulic unit, yay, gotta take out the battery, the sehlf, and a whole ton of other crap! then, you need a special tool and the lines are as rusty as hell! so i go to autozone, they dont have the tool alone, its a whole set, 10,12,14,15,17mm, for 12 bucks. Ok, the one i need is a 14. I remove the first one with 1mm of space to move around. the middle one, its an 11.. WTF!!! 11! i go to advanced, their set has the same numbers, no 11!!!! omg! finally go to his other hardware store that has the thing, its 22 bucks! ok whatever, i do it, then i have to remove this bar and so rusty in order to get it out, and FINALLY i yank it out. then, i put the new one in, thank god, come to bleed them, and there is a special way to bleed them. you cant use a pressure bleeder, you have to bleed the back ones with the ignition on b/c there is a certain pump that pumps the fluid to the back, and i when i do that, coming back to close the bleed screw, putting no torque on whatsoever, the bleed screw broke! in the caliper! now i have to get one of those tools to remove it, and then what, its still leaking, for another place!!

SAABS ENGINEERS, YOU CAN GO DIE FOR ALL I CARE

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1apton
I keep forgetting that - I have a great memory but it doesn't last long

CRS disease = Can't Remeber Shit
Old 01-28-2006, 10:54 AM   #2
witeshark

Name: witeshark
Title: Suspended License
Rate My Car: 84 / 340
Your Ride: 89 325i 5 speed
Wow. That reminds me of changing a neighbor's battery in a Lumina. Let's see, remove chassis brace, washer fluid tank, and move a few other items out of the way.
Old 01-28-2006, 05:03 PM   #3
catalyst

Name: catalyst
Title: Upgraded Member
Rate My Car: 195 / 340
Your Ride: 1994 325is
fwd is no fun to work on...

my mom's volvo is the same way, absolutely rediculous, its like they honestly didnt give a fuck about how hard it would be to work on..
Old 01-28-2006, 05:24 PM   #4
xsperf

Name: xsperf
Title: United Baller
Rate My Car: 185 / 340
Your Ride: 95 325is
yea, when i was new to BMW's i thought oh, only a specialized mechanic b/c everything is so weird, and now i realize that yes it may be weird, but it actually makes it plenty easier, i just cant understand the saab

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1apton
I keep forgetting that - I have a great memory but it doesn't last long

CRS disease = Can't Remeber Shit
Old 01-28-2006, 06:09 PM   #5
Longhairedhippy

Name: Longhairedhippy
Title: Senior Member
Rate My Car: 148 / 340
Your Ride: 2000 323Ci
that reminds my of my old '86 Alfa Romeo Spider. to get to the coil filter, you had to remove the entire air intake assembly and unbolt the airbox from the fender. then you had to cram a wrench into a tiny hole and unscrew the filter.

Hippy for mod '06!
Old 01-29-2006, 06:25 PM   #6
c1apton

Name: c1apton
Title: Upgraded Member
Rate My Car: 134 / 340
Your Ride: 93 E34
"X", you're a glutton for punishment working on one of those shitheaps. For members who have never seen one of these nightmares - the fan belts are on the BACK of the motor next to the firewall. You're supposed to undo the motor mounts, slide the motor forward to change the belts. I'ld give it the .60c tune up before I did that. (.59c can of lighter fluid and a penny match)
Just another SAAB (SOB) story...
Old 01-29-2006, 09:39 PM   #7
Storamin

Name: Storamin
Title: Road Kill
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1994 325is, 2000 z3 2.3
Built by airplane engineers...

the US Government pays tons of billions of dollars to work on airplanes... you don't.
Old 01-30-2006, 12:50 AM   #8
Numark318i

Name: Numark318i
Title: has an empty wallet
Location: The Only place in the world where people say "Hella"
Rate My Car: 125 / 340
Your Ride: ^^
...Friend has a Saab, he said its a pain in the ass to work on also. TO drain the power steering he would have to take out the engine...wtf is that? So we syphend out most of the fluid, but seriously..?

The aural sensations of 1st gear WOT
**CGM **(Certified Garage Mechanic)