Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer- Off Topic > United Off Topic  **FOR MEMBERS ONLY** > Geek Chat
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

Geek Chat Ask computer questions or just engage in general geek talk on here

Old 07-15-2005, 11:23 PM   #31
witeshark

Name: witeshark
Title: Suspended License
Rate My Car: 84 / 340
Your Ride: 89 325i 5 speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by brien4787
i didnt click that link about "why switch" but i am sure that it is completely one sided...

the real reason why whiteshark likes the mac is because he hates deleting all the spyware he gets from all the naughty sites he visits

but seriously, i ever get pop ups these days... i did back in the day, but nothing now...
Funny. This kind of post will be the last. Ironically, I can go to the worst web sites on Earth, and my very most notable advantage is that I don't HAVE to delete anything as a result, the very edge Mac has over the more popular PC OS
Old 07-15-2005, 11:32 PM   #32
craig

Name: craig
Title: Sitting in Time out
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
the only problem i have with my mac is

1. i cant get the new msn messenger, or google earth. and a lot of things like that

2. my mouse messes up sometimes.....

and thats about it.

holy crap... im turning in to a mac person....... NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Old 07-15-2005, 11:39 PM   #33
witeshark

Name: witeshark
Title: Suspended License
Rate My Car: 84 / 340
Your Ride: 89 325i 5 speed
Good! The thing to remember here is that Mac users like me are not bragging we are so secure when we know what we are talking about. It's the other way around. Any OS - Sun Microsystems, Linux, FreeBSD, Mac OS X and Apple system 9 etc all = better security than Windows on the internet. Because all of those have no registry type system core. Now. On that note, no more posts like the umm spyware posts (you know who you are) will be left in the thread OKAY?
Old 07-16-2005, 01:19 AM   #34
Numark318i

Name: Numark318i
Title: has an empty wallet
Location: The Only place in the world where people say "Hella"
Rate My Car: 125 / 340
Your Ride: ^^
ok so...after some considering..i think ima go with an apple. They are having a student discount thingy..and i get a better deal. Im just not sure if i want an Ibook or the powerbook.

The aural sensations of 1st gear WOT
**CGM **(Certified Garage Mechanic)
Old 07-16-2005, 04:49 AM   #35
Dudesky

Name: Dudesky
Title: Run Far
Rate My Car: 106 / 340
Your Ride: E39 530iA
I've owned both. In my experience, Powerbooks are marginally faster, but iBooks are built tougher and can take more abuse. Your pick.
Old 07-16-2005, 05:14 AM   #36
Chris

Name: Chris
Title: Visiting Mod
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: Whatever I can get my hands on
okay. i just bought my mac. and as a college student i got their student discount. it was a 100 off a powerbook 12 with combo , 200 off 12 with super or 15 combo 300 off 15 with super or 17 with combo and 400 off 17 with superdrive.

it also came with a free ipod mini (the 200 dollar one) and a printer worth 100 bucks. great deal IMO.

theipod and printer were rebates , but still. and MAC OWNS ALL

one of the best things about mac is that there's like absolutely no viruses. all viruses are geared towards windows because apple only has 3% market share.

and for anything graphics editing and multimedia work MAC OWNS WINDOWS hands down. ase of use, reliability, are all great too. Longhorn is still going to be pretty much the same as XP, they're prmising the same types of things for longhorn taht they did XP and didn't put up on.

Nuke (n): a large firework that makes pretty lights and large lakes out of annoying countries.
You have three choices, stand behind our troops, grab a gun and toe the line with our troops, or stand in front of them, they can use the extra armor.
Old 07-16-2005, 05:18 AM   #37
Chris

Click here to set it up.
here's what i learned. powerbook can stream music anywhere in the room where as the ibook can't. The powerbook is also faster 1.5 on the 12 wiht super which can go all the way up to 1.67 where as the top speed on the ibook is only 1.33 Ghz. may not sound fast but you can't compare apple speeds to PC speeds. 1.5 is damn fast, and thats what i bought. go into the Apple store and talk to them, they'll explain everything. the deciding factor for me was that the ibook will become obsolete with the switch to intel chips. and the new G5's (which i learned will never appear as laptops0 but the powerbook will at least be able to keep up with the new g5's.... as far as the intel chip macs that are coming out in about two years.... they will officially own all hands down and we geeks all know it

Nuke (n): a large firework that makes pretty lights and large lakes out of annoying countries.
You have three choices, stand behind our troops, grab a gun and toe the line with our troops, or stand in front of them, they can use the extra armor.
Old 07-16-2005, 05:24 AM   #38
Chris

Click here to set it up.
oh yeah, and anything about not being able to run certain programs on MAc... total BS ...mac Has virtual PC for mac that lets you run ANY Pc based prgram on a mac. Thats why mac wins. i have it and i play PC games all the time on my mac. so thats the deciding difference in all of this

thread closed. lol jk

Old 07-18-2005, 12:19 AM   #39
Numark318i

Name: Numark318i
Title: has an empty wallet
Location: The Only place in the world where people say "Hella"
Rate My Car: 125 / 340
Your Ride: ^^
lol
Ok yea im convinced..for sure. Im deciding between the ibbok12 and powerbook 12...i think ima go powerbook. What ever im going there tomarow to find out some more info and check them both out.

THNX for all the help

The aural sensations of 1st gear WOT
**CGM **(Certified Garage Mechanic)