Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer- Off Topic > United Off Topic  **FOR MEMBERS ONLY** > Geek Chat
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

Geek Chat Ask computer questions or just engage in general geek talk on here

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2005, 03:17 PM   #1
Dudesky

Name: Dudesky
Title: Run Far
Rate My Car: 106 / 340
Your Ride: E39 530iA
To Mac folks, from a Mac person

Okay, I can't stand it anymore, I must correct some misgivings. Mods, remove this if you must, I understand if you feel it's inappropriate.

Though I use both platforms, I've been a Mac user since before many of you were born, my first Mac was the 512k back in the 80's. I've taken Macs apart, modded them, overclocked them, you name it- jumper pins, solder bridges, oscillators, been there, done that. I've been to 6 Macworld conferences and countless seminars & workshops. And what I'm hearing really ticks me off, because much of it has no credibility. Sorry, Chris- I like you but your statements were some of the wierdest I've seen . . .

Quote:
one of the best things about mac is that there's like absolutely no viruses.
That's a dangerous attitude to have. You may not have experienced any problems, but 10 to 1 you've unknowingly passed on PC viruses at some point through your Mac to fellow PC users. If you're not part of the solution, then you're part of the problem. And OS X has had a number of security flaws and exploits in its short time of existence. Nothing is immune.
Quote:
go into the Apple store and talk to them, they'll explain everything.
Seasoned Mac users know the last people to go to for advice is the Apple store. Most of them are idiots and a disgrace to our community.
Quote:
...mac Has virtual PC for mac that lets you run ANY Pc based prgram on a mac. Thats why mac wins. i have it and i play PC games all the time on my mac.
I find that hard to believe since VPC does not support 3D graphics. In all its years of development, its performance is still sub-par, even behind the power of OS X.

People please don't make Apple any more than what it is, just another company bidding for your dollars. They may be innovators, but they've also suffered great losses as a result of their boldness to go against the grain. And you can't substantiate your claims by referencing Mac biased sites and articles written by Mac enthusiasts
Real die hard Mac users know 2 things: that MacOS is not better, just different, and that the Mac/PC war has long since died years ago. Let it rest, man. And thank you, Windows users, for biting your lip and not kicking ass to the curb when it seemed appropriate.

Old 07-16-2005, 03:26 PM   #2
witeshark

Name: witeshark
Title: Suspended License
Rate My Car: 84 / 340
Your Ride: 89 325i 5 speed
Okay. Points taken. Thread closed to prevent a flame war. One more point. Windows problem is the registry renders software protection useless since all software must have registry keys, all hackers need to do is isolate the keys they need disabled and it's off to the races. No other OS has this weird vulnerability. Example!

Closed Thread