Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer-General BMW Topics > BMW General Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

BMW General Discussion Sponsored by: AutohausAZ.com
Talk about BMWs in general. Post official news, Bangle flames, or anything else related to BMW.

Old 11-09-2011, 06:35 PM   #1
Cellardoor

Name: Cellardoor
Title: Senior Member
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 95 M3
Monster wagon?

Hey guys,

I haven't been on here in ages! I sold my E36 M3 and moved on to a few other cars in the interim!

ANYWAY, I have missed my BMW a ton and have decided i would like to come back into the fold. My new plan is as the title states a "Monster wagon".

I'm still not 100% on a wagon but i think it has some potential to be a grocery getter looking car with a big surprise!

I come to you guys for some help hashing out the details. I am debating between an E36 or E46 OR a 5 series wagon. Im thinking an E36 would be lightest and a bit more nimble but a 5 series may have more engine bay space.

as far as a power plant goes im not sure if i can get big numbers (450-500) out of the stock engine. So if not im thinking looking at an M5 v10 but im not sure about fitment and cost and such. a more realistic but far less sexy option would be an LS1.... dont hang me! My concern with the LS1 is wiring it up as well as tranny fitment and such.

so please! any help and insight you guys can help me with i would greatly appreciate it!

-Hutch-

If life passes you by...............Downshift