Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer- Model Categories > E46
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

E46 General discussion and technical help for 1999-2004 3 series cars.

Old 09-05-2011, 05:36 PM   #1
kentukred

Name: kentukred
Title: United Newb
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 2004 325i
HELP! E46 SRS SBK Airbag Battery Cable Replacement

I own a 2004 BMW 325i that has previously sustained a front end collision. Driver's side airbag was deployed on collision. As a result, the airbag fuse/terminal was blown at the battery. The airbag was replaced during the car repair, however the battery cable terminal was never replaced. As a result, the red airbag indicator light/emblem is always displayed in red on the instrument panel. I am now attempting to replace the airbag battery fuse w/o having to replace the entire battery line. I am purchasing the SRS/SBK section of a BMW E46 3-series positive battery cable. It has NOT been detonated or deployed. It comes with the safety battery terminal clamp that has an explosive end which disconnects the car from the battery's positive terminal in the event of a collision. When wiring the new portion of the cable in, what should I do to ensure that the installed airbag doesn’t deploy? Do I need to have a sensor replaced or the computer reset prior to installing the new terminal/fuse? Thanks in advance for any thoughts on the topic