Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer- Model Categories > 5-Series > E12, E28, E34, E39, E60
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

E12, E28, E34, E39, E60 General discussion and technical help for all year 5 series cars.

Old 10-12-2010, 04:09 PM   #1
BostonGreen318

Name: BostonGreen318
Title: United Newb
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1994 318is & 1999 318ti
Stock Radio (KE-91zbm) Cassette Quandary

Recently, I've experienced a problem ejecting a cassette from the stock BMW radio/tape player (KE-91zbm) of my 1992 525 i. I had been using an mp3 player adapter kit (magnetic tape and attached wire) and for a brief time it worked well. Following weeks of normal operation, the tape eventually refused to eject from the player and was caught in perpetual 'eject mode'.

After some research online, I found that a 'DIY' fix could be performed by removing the head unit from the dashboard, popping off the top, and making some kind of adjustment to the interior spring controlling the eject mechanism. After removing the top panel myself, I was able to remove the adapter cassette by hand. However, in regards to adjusting the mechanism and returning it to normal functioning, I'm at a loss. There is a spring coil located at the rear left of the cassette docking area, but I'm still unsure as to what should be done w/ it.

Any advice on what I should be looking for would be much appreciated.