Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer-General BMW Topics > Tire, Wheels And Suspension Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

Tire, Wheels And Suspension Forum Sponsored by: TireRack.com
Talk about tires and wheels , Discuss springs, coilovers, struts, sways, and all related topics for your Bimmer.

Old 11-27-2008, 09:07 AM   #1
bamapilot

Name: bamapilot
Title: United Newb
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 2001 BMW 540i M Sport
Question Are PS2s worth the $$$$?

I am a bit meticulous about maintaining my cars and trucks, and usually install the very best (that I can afford). My driving habits are mostly conservative, but there are times when I can't restrain myself, as I'm sure most of you can understand. I have a 2001 540i Sport, which will soon be in need of new shoes and presently have Continental ExtremeContacts on it. They seem to do quite well, except that as with all Continentals that I have had, they get a bit noisy in their old age, like me. I've had no experience with the PS2s, but have read good things about them. I live in the southeast, where snow is not an issue, but rain is. My primary concern is roadability and noise. Is the majority opinion that the PS2s are worth the $1K+ that they will cost? By the way - HAPPY THANKSGIVING.
Old 11-23-2009, 01:43 PM   #2
bamapilot

Name: bamapilot
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 2001 BMW 540i M Sport
Since my original post, I have replaced my Continentals with a set of Toyo Proxes 4 tires. After 2,000 miles, I am extremely satisfied with both the handling and quiet ride. My biggest surprise was the price. $729.00 for everything - installation, balance, thrust alignment, tax and disposal fee.
Old 11-23-2009, 02:16 PM   #3
dwrx04

Name: dwrx04
Title: Senior Member
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: your mama
i have found falken's last a while and are pretty good on the performance end at a very reasonable price.

I AM THE VANILLA GORILLA
member of the..."The bears can smell the menstration...................sercret society for really hung men."
I AM HETEROSENSATIONAL!!!!!!!!!1!!!eleven!!!!11
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMT View Post
*sniff sniff*

DDm smells like a Jim Powell venture to me. No thanks. I'd be afraid of the mucus trail the call would leave all over my phone. Although in all reality you would probably be fine ordering from them, I wouldn't patronize the place if someone knocked on the door and paid me to run their product
Old 05-16-2010, 05:43 AM   #4
TokSik

Name: TokSik
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 2001 320d se
Anyone considering buying new tyres - I would recomend reading one of the tyre tsest guides that the motoring magazines occasionally do - here is a link to the British 2009 AutoExpress tests
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/product...yre_guide.html