Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer-General BMW Topics > BMW General Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

BMW General Discussion Sponsored by: AutohausAZ.com
Talk about BMWs in general. Post official news, Bangle flames, or anything else related to BMW.

Old 04-07-2010, 05:31 AM   #1
Damian

Name: Damian
Title: United Newb
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1992 325i E36
Survival Story: My back camber bvroke and i lived to tell the story!!!

I was on a trip from Abuja to Lokoja in Nigeria on October 31, 2008, doing 120km/hr in the evening; it was getting dark. Another vehicle suddenly cut in front of me and i braked and veered off the road to the road shoulder when the vehicle still came towards me. It was avoiding a broken down truck on its lane. In a couple of seconds before i knew what happened, the car lifted into a deep valley. More stunned than hurt, I crawled out and the following day was shocked at the level of damage to the car. The valley was so deep it took a crane to get the wreck out. My mechanic later said the cause was my left camber that broke when i braked. It had earlier been welded because it was wobbly at a point. Anyway for me it has reconfirmed my belief in the safety standard of the BMW. In the same vein i think United Bimmer Community should have a forum for 'survival stories' like kill stories. See Pictures of the wreck on my album in the link below:
http://www.unitedbimmer.com/forums/album.php?u=3039

Last edited by Damian; 04-07-2010 at 05:33 AM..