Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer-General BMW Topics > Detailing and Cleaning
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

Detailing and Cleaning Sponsored by: Autogeek.net
Discuss waxing, cleaning, detailing and everything in between here to keep your bimmer looking its very best.

Old 10-17-2008, 12:34 PM   #16
oz striker

Name: oz striker
Title: United Newb
User not setup in Rate My Car.
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: E46 330ci, E30 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagolskram View Post
put some EBC green stuff brake pads on there and it will significantly reduce the amount of dust.
I 2nd that. got the redstuff and visible brake dust has decreased.

Hear my favourite mod: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=EyUjiPV6jtM
Old 12-01-2008, 06:47 PM   #17
AhrenPro

Name: AhrenPro
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 1989 325i
purple power makes a wheel spray that you apply right after washing, that you just rinse off afterwards, and it make your wheels less clingy for brake dust.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:33 PM   #18
Captnpirate

Name: Captnpirate
Click here to set it up.
Your Ride: 2001 M Roadster
I went to ceramic pads that I got from Tire Rack and they stop as well as stock pads and there is no dust on my wheels. I'll switch the pads on my wife's 325ci this spring for the same reason.
Old 03-22-2010, 04:17 PM   #19
f16dude

Name: f16dude
Title: Member
Rate My Car: 97 / 340
Your Ride: 1992 e30 convertible
As someone with possibly the worst wheel design by BMW to clean, I know your pain. I have an e30 92 bmw 325ic with the classic basket wheels by BBS. Them suckers have so many nooks and cranys to scrub it is virtually impossible to clean them entirely. I have tried those power balls, but find they are too large to get in the areas that need the most cleaning. I have tried every kind of wheel cleaner, including a few of my own recepies, but no success. I find ceramic brakes, and frequent elbow grease is all you can really do. I sit there for a minimum of 3 minutes per wheel with my index finger jaming a terry cloth arround each spoke until it looks decent. I swear, if i werent into origionality, and those wheels didn't look so fantastic on the car they would be gone!