Go Back   United Bimmer Community - BMW Forum > UnitedBimmer-General BMW Topics > BMW General Discussion > BMW News And RSS Feeds
FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise With Us Mark Forums Read

BMW News And RSS Feeds BMW RSS feeds and news

Old 02-26-2010, 03:01 AM   #1
scooter

Name: scooter
Title: Administrator
Rate My Car: 295 / 340
Your Ride: 99m3
Spy Shots: BMW 5-Series Touring spied prior to Leipzig debut

Filed under: Spy Photos, Wagon, Europe, BMW, Luxury

BMW 5-Series Touring spy shots - Click above for high-res image gallery

Only days after receiving official word that BMW would be unveiling its next-generation 5 Series Touring at the Auto Mobil International in Leipzig, our spies have spotted a nearly finished prototype frolicking in the snow. As reported earlier, the new Fiver wagon will be very similar to the 5 Series sedan that we recently tested, and judging by these early photos, the only real difference seems to be the distinct full-bore hatch out back. Turbocharged engines, eight-speed transmissions and both rear- and all-wheel drive should be on hand.

Don't expect the 5 Series touring to show up in U.S. showrooms, though. BMW is hoping that American consumers will warm up to the new Gran Turismo model, especially since the proper wagon variant has had relatively dismal sales numbers in recent years. It's a completely different story in other markets, however, and we're sure that the new Touring will be welcomed by 5 Series customers looking for quite a bit more in the way of functionality.

Gallery: BMW 5-Series Touring Spy Shots

Spy Shots: BMW 5-Series Touring spied prior to Leipzig debut originally appeared on Autoblog on Thu, 25 Feb 2010 17:58:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...